Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

After-Action Breakwater Discussion

Magiik

Lord of Altera
Yeah, as long as your opinions aren't "jajaja dirty anhald nazis kill selves" I'm A-OK, USA.
You might not know- But Sif snuck out to that ballista right above all of you at the tourney grounds and was about to fire it all down upon your heads. Only he didn't as it'd make too much noise being loaded. I was also told some people went back to the ships to leave and what not, apparently there were methods outta there that we, the Anhald side, didn't know of. Go ahead and give me your thoughts fam, I'm a chill d00d so not like I'll get my panties in a knot.
Thanks for being cool about it. And thanks for not killing us as much as you could have (that's a sentence I never thought I'd type). If I find/think of anything else that I feel should be addressed, I'll let you guys know here. Speaking of, anything glaring that you guys feel the need to question?

I figured you all were, that's why I stayed behind IC and am eager to become the Vietcong.
Ater is going to sleep in the highest tree he can find and hope you don't see him.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
Thanks for being cool about it. And thanks for not killing us as much as you could have (that's a sentence I never thought I'd type). If I find/think of anything else that I feel should be addressed, I'll let you guys know here. Speaking of, anything glaring that you guys feel the need to question?

Ater is going to sleep in the highest tree he can find and hope you don't see him.
There were a lot of moments where we chose to forgo realism for what would have been more fun for all of us, which resulted in at least four or five less deaths.

Warwolf

Alteran Cryptid and Renowned Hat-wearer
Staff member
Admin
In-Game Tech Staff
Legend
WarWolf_1
WarWolf_1
Legend
At the beginning of the battle, the naval battle commenced between two rather undermanned warships - five people to each for a crew.
For true realism, you could never fully crew a ship on this server anyway, even if you had everyone on it manning the stations. But this is the same for most, if not all the cities on the server, they don't have the player population to even be a true functioning town. Same with Armies, pretty much anything that requires plenty of people. So I believe there should have been more consideration for perhaps NPC Crew or something of the like, perhaps less penalties "The ship is sluggish with less men on the sails." or "The cannons take longer to load, aim and fire."
At least, that's my take on that particular part of the event.

The Courier

Lord of Altera
I found that I think a ballista could be armed and fired faster than cannons on a ship's broadside. I assume they were all trying to fire in unison, when we simply needed to crank, load, fire, with not much else involved.

Speaking of, anything glaring that you guys feel the need to question?
As for this: I mean, not much really. As I was fighting off the ship with Shazak during a good portion of the event. The rest was going Vietcong and refusing to ever surrender. Which was incredibly fun, in all it's great ways.

Meet the Anhald Vietcong

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
Anhald's is:
Sir James of Haven

The Coalition's is:
Aspen
Kris Lincoln
Malek
Aelihar
Simon, and possibly a few others I cannot remember.

Lannis

You've yeed your last haw
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
Marian also died.

Anoirin

Villager
An interesting tactic... Having only few members killed on one side, Anhald decides to burn itself down... We'll just have to see what the future brings. And if I've gotten to learn anything from this server, that future is going to be quite... riveting.

Raykaystar

Lord of Altera
I honestly had a ton of fun! Renee gained a better relationship with Sif, some battle experience, and got to understand what fighting as a team was like! One thing I was a bit disappointed by. I'm not blaming anyone for this but I came in to this event ready for at least injury and I would have been fine with IC death. But i, during the event, never saw an enemy at all. NEVER! There was no one to fight! My character Sat around waiting for quite some time no one to fight. True, my character got out alive and well but still! (Is it just me or does any violent rp avoid me?)

But other than that, I enjoyed it!

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
I just think from the perspective of the more politically inclined, diplomatic characters who had nothing to add to any war, this is seen as more of a setback and for want of a better term, a ball ache.

Now that I've had the chance to reconsider what happened I can see how the decision was made even though on a personal level I don't agree with it. However at this point there's nothing to be done about it.

Excluding that, what I saw of the event looked like it had been handled extremely well. 10/10 to the staff on that front, especially the fire damage.

All of this will certainly generate more role-play, even if it's the kind I can't get involved in. If any future battles are handled as succinctly, you all have a lot to look forward too~

Last edited:

Anoirin

Villager
I just think from the perspective of the more politically inclined, diplomatic characters who had nothing to add to any war, this is seen as more of a setback and for want of a better term, a ball ache.

Now that I've had the chance to reconsider what happened I can see how the decision was made even though on a personal level I don't agree with it. However at this point there's nothing to be done about it.

Excluding that, what I saw of the event looked like it had been handled extremely well. 10/10 to the staff on that front, especially the fire damage.

All of this will certainly generate more role-play, even if it's the kind I can't get involved in. If any future battles are handled as succinctly, you all have a lot to look forward too~
Eh, there are some; like you and I, who will not be able to engage in combat. However, this will spark rp, which in turn... should bring more passive rp to fruition. How? How else do you expect troops to get their supplies? How else are wars to be won on mutual terms without negotiators there to contract a peace treaty? Certainly warriors will have their benefit, but merchants and political figures shall see their day too.

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
What's hapening to Anhald's Alteran Domination plans now, though?

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
What's hapening to Anhald's Alteran Domination plans now, though?
It'll probably become plans of vengeance, at this point. A Kingsguard killed, and the sister of the Varyn bunch essentially promises that those that are still alive will be out for something akin to revenge. I know my character has his target/goal, at least.

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
It'll probably become plans of vengeance, at this point. A Kingsguard killed, and the sister of the Varyn bunch essentially promises that those that are still alive will be out for something akin to revenge. I know my character has his target/goal, at least.
Fania is too loosely involved with Anhald to want revenge, so she isn't going to hunt people like Sigurd did.

Tempy_

Insert Custom Title here
Tempy_
Tempy_

Rawkiller

Lord of Altera
Crafter
Mystic
Rawkiller12
Rawkiller12
LegendMystic
wasnt there heard it was amazign form everyone great job to staff and everyoen invovled, this is how i Imagined Anhald pumping up for thier battle though.