Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Alignment issues

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
One sterotype of evil is that YOU.MUST BE ON griefs side.
Can I break this?
Meh...
Yes, quite obviously. In fact, Neutral and Lawful Evil types would have a hard time joining greif, seeing as the end goal of grief is essentially destruction of everything. Chaotic evil would be most at home, and neutral evil might go that way if they want everything to end. Lawful Evil would be hardest, seeing as lawful evil types generally want to preserve the world so they can rule over it/control it/enslave it/ ect...

W

wakerman4

Wait, so I cannot be a one-man-shadow staying Solo until I rack up RP skills?
I have to stay in law, or be griefs side.
Not my plan...

Jeroxia

We demons of our solemn hour
Good
I still don't know where to put Jeroxia..

He tries to help people has his own rules but works for the crown and would be against grief

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Wait, so I cannot be a one-man-shadow staying Solo until I rack up RP skills?
I have to stay in law, or be griefs side.
Not my plan...
I'm confused. Did you not read my first post?

Obviously, you can go against the law while not allying with Grief. Stop reading the original post of this thread, as it will cause much more confusion for you.

Go, be a thief or assassin or whatever you mean by shadow, break the law, and give Grief the finger at the same time, if that is what you want for your character. You can be evil and chaotic, or whatever alignment you choose. You can follow whoever you want, or no one at all. Your alignment does not determine which groups you have to follow.

That any more clear?

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Sounds like Neutral Good, Rox.

But why rank people in the first place, really? Would you do that in real life?
Why not just let people's actions speak for themselves for a more accurate and immersed roleplay?

W

wakerman4

I'm confused. Did you not read my first post?

Obviously, you can go against the law while not allying with Grief. Stop reading the original post of this thread, as it will cause much more confusion for you.

Go, be a thief or assassin or whatever you mean by shadow, break the law, and give Grief the finger at the same time, if that is what you want for your character. You can be evil and chaotic, or whatever alignment you choose. You can follow whoever you want, or no one at all. Your alignment does not determine which groups you have to follow.

That any more clear?
Yeppers :)
Though I knew that, I had to be sure! Cheers!

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
Why is it people immediately think Grief is evil... Technically has a noble cause. I could likely make a lawful good character who worships Grief, and have it make sense. It is only to the common eye that Grief is evil.

Someone described it this way;
Good is caring for life.
Evil is uncaring.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
I still don't know where to put Jeroxia..

He tries to help people has his own rules but works for the crown and would be against grief
From that statement and from your character sheet thread I would say on the surface Rox could be somewhere in the Good and Chaotic sides of the slider. Either Chaotic Good, or Neutral Good leaning chaotic.

Of course, your character sheet does leave a lot of info secret, so its harder to know his "true" alignment.

Why is it people immediately think Grief is evil... Technically has a noble cause. I could likely make a lawful good character who worships Grief, and have it make sense. It is only to the common eye that Grief is evil.

Someone described it this way;
Good is caring for life.
Evil is uncaring.
Hmm... interesting position. I wish there was a wiki page describing Grief. As far as I knew, grief was simply a force wanting to destroy everything. If my understanding is correct, there isn't a way for that to be good, since by your (and my) definition, killing off everything would require you to not care about life.

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
If Grief once had a noble goal, she has since a long time buried it under vile acts, and actions count more then intentions to me.

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
Griefs goal is to eradicate all sentient life to protect all life from destruction. She believes if given time sentient life will ruin the planet.

Someone who cares for nature so much they would eradicate everyone who poses a threat to it, to protect Bambi and Tarzan's gorilla friend, could be seen as good. In my opinion.

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
Griefs goal is to eradicate all sentient life to protect all life from destruction. She believes if given time sentient life will ruin the planet.

Someone who cares for nature so much they would eradicate everyone who poses a threat to it, to protect Bambi and Tarzan's gorilla friend, could be seen as good. In my opinion.
And to achieve her goals she burns down entire region, corrupts the land, destroy the nature she wants to protect?

This seems very obvious...