Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

All You Ever Want to Know About the Syrien - Question Thread

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
But they're part human, so shouldn't they have nipples?
They aren't human. They're fish with a humanoid appearance. Their vocal chords are non-mammalian (mammals can't speak Sewade), they can't survive long outside of the water (similar to mudskippers), and they've got gills and scales. Fish.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Fun fact: Since Nakat are evolved from ocelots, they are mammals, and would have nipples. Unless they'd gone along a similar path as humans, up to 8.

Conan

Loyal Servant of Altera
They aren't human. They're fish with a humanoid appearance. Their vocal chords are non-mammalian (mammals can't speak Sewade), they can't survive long outside of the water (similar to mudskippers), and they've got gills and scales. Fish.
But Abbey said they're part Human :confused:

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
I'm not sure if you've been asked this before, but here goes anyway.

The Syrien race as a whole is split into two; Mono-Fins and Duo-Fins. F

This is what I have imagined the Duo's looking like (We're talking fins here, not the rest)

And this, is what imagined Mono's looking like

Now, unless the fins of the duo do not look like this, or are incredibly strong, it makes no sense in my mind how they can use these to walk (or hobble or waddle or whatever). Surely, it would be the opposite way around. In my mind, it makes more sense for Mono's to be able to slither along like.... Cassiopea from league of legends? That's the only reference I can think of.

As we can see, the body is supported by a much larger tail than Mer-folk would have from any stories I read. But, if a Syrie wanted to go on land, they could train themselves to have stronger lower-body and upper-tail strength so they could slither like so. With only the hindrance of one larger fin, they could slither much easily. Whereas duo-fins could swim faster by also using their two fins to propel themselves quicker.

Now, taking another point of view. Perhaps there is no plausible way for a Syrie to slither like so. And let's assume the Duo's fins are like posted above, and are as weak as a fin, I pose this question; How can they even walk? Surely they'd have to slither, as is seen in the larger Cassio picture.

Has anyone ever thought of this before? Am I just being stupid and stuff and not realizing some clearly obvious thing that everyone else has?

-K9