Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

An Interesting Problem

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
We'll never have a playerbase like that, why? Because as soon as it gets that restrictive all the players will leave anyway.
*chews on an ear of corn and shakes a pitchfork in the air menacingly*
I ain't ever leavin' this server!
I was born 'ere, and I'll die 'ere!

Rextoret

Lord of Altera
*deep, cleansing breath*

Back onto topic. Group power and how to truly show it.

Perhaps more stringent group creation policies? We don't want a bunch of "Dragon Knights of insane power" wandering about. If we bottleneck the creation of new groups, we can focus on improving and fixing the current ones.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
I've been here for about 2 years and shown my loyalty in donations over that time, you won't get rid of me, ever!

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Seth, why don't you propose something that you think might persuade the general playerbase into abiding by the power the different organizations should have. I appreciate the dissent, but let's not end it on "there's no way." I'd love to hear what you think might change the players' minds.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Perhaps more stringent group creation policies? We don't want a bunch of "Dragon Knights of insane power" wandering about. If we bottleneck the creation of new groups, we can focus on improving and fixing the current ones.
This.

A big issue with organisations currently is that they are similar to how a lot of bad CPs are, they are already fully developed to their peak and not built from the ground up. If we can help encourage people to start these organisations from the grass roots, perhaps that will increase the quality of the groups and weed out the bad ones.

Frankieba5

Lord of Altera
Ahh, I think I have found a solution in the form of 2 possible solutions. So 2 ideas

1. After death you could have to take a test entitled "Salheras Test of Righteousness (or something)" and that would compose of the Sisterhood themselves giving you a test that would attempt to sees if you had any good within you, those with good got resurrected, those without any good get sent to an eternal fiery of hell.
  2. We could have disadvantages of dying. So like lets say Oglub, the Great and Powerful general dies, and by some miracle he gets resurrected. He could have had lost much of his strength and spends the rest of his days as an old shaman who tells jokes to the Inquisition. Well, you get the point.

Spark

Broken
  1. We could have disadvantages of dying. So like lets say Oglub, the Great and Powerful general dies, and by some miracle he gets resurrected. He could have had lost much of his strength and spends the rest of his days as an old shaman who tells jokes to the Inquisition. Well, you get the point.

This would be very hard to enforce, any ideas how this could happen?

Rextoret

Lord of Altera
This.

A big issue with organisations currently is that they are similar to how a lot of bad CPs are, they are already fully developed to their peak and not built from the ground up. If we can help encourage people to start these organisations from the grass roots, perhaps that will increase the quality of the groups and weed out the bad ones.
Hence the more 'stringent' creation policy. Only the truly good ideas will get through the bottleneck, leading to better quality groups. In terms of stringent = A group creation format card or the like.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Ahh, I think I have found a solution in the form of 2 possible solutions. So 2 ideas

1. After death you could have to take a test entitled "Salheras Test of Righteousness (or something)" and that would compose of the Sisterhood themselves giving you a test that would attempt to sees if you had any good within you, those with good got resurrected, those without any good get sent to an eternal fiery of hell.
  2. We could have disadvantages of dying. So like lets say Oglub, the Great and Powerful general dies, and by some miracle he gets resurrected. He could have had lost much of his strength and spends the rest of his days as an old shaman who tells jokes to the Inquisition. Well, you get the point.
The issue with these is that the Sisterhood was put in place to ensure that anyone fit to fight Queen Grief was ready and able when the time came, that was their purpose. Both of these go right against that, as number one would be biased towards "righteous" folk (which isn't necessarily what the whole revival concept is about) and the second disadvantages the would-be solider in some way, weakening the force you just put effort into reviving.

Frankieba5

Lord of Altera
The issue with these is that the Sisterhood was put in place to ensure that anyone fit to fight Queen Grief was ready and able when the time came, that was their purpose. Both of these go right against that, as number one would be biased towards "righteous" folk (which isn't necessarily what the whole revival concept is about) and the second disadvantages the would-be solider in some way, weakening the force you just put effort into reviving.
Good point

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
fter death you could have to take a test entitled "Salheras Test of Righteousness (or something)" and that would compose of the Sisterhood themselves giving you a test that would attempt to sees if you had any good within you
However Shalherana is not a good Goddess, she is neutral.
EDIT: Sniped. :p

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Hear ye Hear ye, all Orphan Ninja Assassins are henceforth banned from the Kingdom of Altera by law of the king! Failure to comply will result in ye being executed by Demon Dinner Party!