Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

An Update on Lore - July 2015

Sassy

Lord of Altera
Legend
SewSassy
SewSassy
Legend
Would love to help anywhere possible- as usual- and I really appreciate that you took the time to give us the update. Thanks!

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
The Magi pretty much flat out refused to teach anyone who wasn't their friend OOC in the past. I hope this changes.
Although I see this concern, I can tell you that Legion and I had almost never interacted OOC before I was taken on as his apprentice. This was the case with a majority in that brood of learners. Regardless, I too hope said view changes in the future if it is steadfast here.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
Although I see this concern, I can tell you that Legion and I had almost never interacted OOC before I was taken on as his apprentice. This was the case with a majority in that brood of learners. Regardless, I too hope said view changes in the future if it is steadfast here.
Same, the evocation team was golden.

RIP.

Teeke

Lord of Altera
After having given this a thorough read I have to say there seems to be a lack of some details that I was wanting to see - but this is an update and a mission statement. I am very happy to see that a number of things I was afraid of losing isn't happening, yay.

A rework of that magic system seems neat, I am looking forward to it being accessible to more players.

Official chunks of lore going through what seems to be a heavy writing and review process is cool, but I am left wondering if invented plants and animals will still be around, or around in the future.

It seems like you have a very good handle and idea for what you want to do, and more than that the level of transparency is excellent.

The level of transparency that is arising everywhere is great and I am happy to see the staff getting recognized for the hard work they do.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
So does this also mean palewort poison will be no more?
Yeah. :x

(I knoooow, I don't want them to go, either. But Cherry made meeeeeee.)

After having given this a thorough read I have to say there seems to be a lack of some details that I was wanting to see - but this is an update and a mission statement. I am very happy to see that a number of things I was afraid of losing isn't happening, yay.

A rework of that magic system seems neat, I am looking forward to it being accessible to more players.

Official chunks of lore going through what seems to be a heavy writing and review process is cool, but I am left wondering if invented plants and animals will still be around, or around in the future.

It seems like you have a very good handle and idea for what you want to do, and more than that the level of transparency is excellent.

The level of transparency that is arising everywhere is great and I am happy to see the staff getting recognized for the hard work they do.
I just picked up on the negative comments in here, so I'm going to respond to those... or really, just the one: the argument is that if we have ecology that is imaginary and also lacking a representation in-game, do they really add anything? If you take a look at the plants we have, just about all of them have a real-world equivalent, only without the specific lore bits such as habitat, etc. While I understand your sentiments, and agree with them to a point, there were some good points made when we were discussing this about making the fluff of the lore have a lower barrier to entry, not to mention the fact that it was simply not very equitable to have these unused (except by a very small number of people) bits sitting around that no one else could contribute any further to. We'll still have some unique things to Altera, in all likelihood, they just won't be background to the point of ... pointlessness.

Teeke

Lord of Altera
((stuff))something fluff, something lore
sounds like we're basically agreeing. i didn't mean to come across as negative, though i oft do. i was saying that i'm glad to see these reworks, and am eager to see a stronger implementation of lore/flavor.

also as i understand it, drinks, foods(were there any?), inventions created during the old lore submission phase are being kept.? (Statement question.)

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Yeah. :x

(I knoooow, I don't want them to go, either. But Cherry made meeeeeee.)

I just picked up on the negative comments in here, so I'm going to respond to those... or really, just the one: the argument is that if we have ecology that is imaginary and also lacking a representation in-game, do they really add anything? If you take a look at the plants we have, just about all of them have a real-world equivalent, only without the specific lore bits such as habitat, etc. While I understand your sentiments, and agree with them to a point, there were some good points made when we were discussing this about making the fluff of the lore have a lower barrier to entry, not to mention the fact that it was simply not very equitable to have these unused (except by a very small number of people) bits sitting around that no one else could contribute any further to. We'll still have some unique things to Altera, in all likelihood, they just won't be background to the point of ... pointlessness.
Totally understandable! I'm mostly asking due to a few books in the Thiil library where they are mentioned. Are they being erased from existence as if they never were part of the world, or are those particular bits "going extinct"? I'm wondering if the books with mention of them will need to be removed, more or less. Not a big deal either way, but I don't want to have wrong information on the shelves.~

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
sounds like we're basically agreeing. i didn't mean to come across as negative, though i oft do. i was saying that i'm glad to see these reworks, and am eager to see a stronger implementation of lore/flavor.

also as i understand it, drinks, foods(were there any?), inventions created during the old lore submission phase are being kept.? (Statement question.)
Yes. Lore-approved mechanisms, food, and drink are going to stick around. N'ip's safe! :D It's made from melons-

Well, it WOULD be safe, if anyone made it anymore.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Totally understandable! I'm mostly asking due to a few books in the Thiil library where they are mentioned. Are they being erased from existence as if they never were part of the world, or are those particular bits "going extinct"? I'm wondering if the books with mention of them will need to be removed, more or less. Not a big deal either way, but I don't want to have wrong information on the shelves.~
Oh, that's a good question. I'll have to double-check with Cherry on this, but my impulse response (don't hold me to it, please) is that they would go extinct, yea.

Kyle1322

Lord of Altera
Yes. Lore-approved mechanisms, food, and drink are going to stick around. N'ip's safe! :D It's made from melons-

Well, it WOULD be safe, if anyone made it anymore.
*raises hand cus he still has old recipe of slightly modified ni'p somewhere deep inside his storage room that is the size of 1/3 of azerport*

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
*raises hand cus he still has old recipe of slightly modified ni'p somewhere deep inside his storage room that is the size of 1/3 of azerport*
PLAYER LOVE FOR YOU :heart: