Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

An Update on Lore - July 2015

Spear

The Undying Scholar.
Retired Staff
To be honest I think people should stop concerning themselves so much with Combat RP, it is certainly not the be all and end all of magic, in fact nearly every other aspect of it is far more interesting as an RP element.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
To be honest I think people should stop concerning themselves so much with Combat RP, it is certainly not the be all and end all of magic, in fact nearly every other aspect of it is far more interesting as an RP element.
*awkwardly pets*

Spark

Broken
I think if someone concerns themselves with the combat RP uses of magic, they probably find that aspect of it equally as interesting as the rest, if not more so. How interesting each aspect is, is entirely based on individual opinion...

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Freaking thank you.

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
Wanna stop a wizard? PUNCH EM IN THE THROAT. BREAK THEIR FINGERS. No more spells.

The throat punch is the non-wizard's "Silence" spell.

Last edited:

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Combat was never the point, hell, the antithesis of the entire changeover from the point where people were actively brawling with magic in the streets and boiling eyeballs.

I paid close attention and not /once/ was anything any of the people I chose for Magi unprovoked and y'all still ragged on em to the point where I'm not surprised some got fed up with it.

As an example,
The talk of heatbeams killing people in plate is evident and...evocative, shall we say, of an inimical problem of the perceptions evident here.

There isn't any need to do that, even to someone attacking you. Armor made of metal, put opposite charges on both legs and leave.

Thinking every combat RP needs to be run lethally with "Killing the other dude" being the only means to triumph is why it just gets dragged and bogged down so inimically.

I freaking hate combat RP, even in tabletop, it's dull, unengaging, and takes way to long to cover even seconds of action.

The whole point of magic and high fantasy on this server isn't to empower anybody for combat but to open up new avenues of roleplay and experience. If I wanted gritty realism combat I'd be playing an entirely different game, like Mount&Blade or Chivalry or many others.

Graaaah.

</rant>

Last edited:

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
Combat was never the point, hell, the antithesis of the entire changeover from the point where people were actively brawling with magic in the streets and boiling eyeballs.

I paid close attention and not /once/ was anything any of the people I chose for Magi unprovoked and y'all still ragged on em to the point where I'm not surprised some got fed up with it.

As an example,
The talk of heatbeams killing people in plate is evident and...evocative, shall we say, of an inimical problem of the perceptions evident here.

There isn't any need to do that, even to someone attacking you. Armor made of metal, put opposite charges on both legs and leave.

Thinking every combat RP needs to be run lethally with "Killing the other dude" being the only means to triumph is why it just gets dragged and bogged down so inimically.

I freaking hate combat RP, even in tabletop, it's dull, unengaging, and takes way to long to cover even seconds of action.

The whole point of magic and high fantasy on this server isn't to empower anybody for combat but to open up new avenues of roleplay and experience. If I wanted gritty realism combat I'd be playing an entirely different game, like Mount&Blade or Chivalry or many others.

Graaaah.

</rant>
*awkwardly pets*

bodejodel

Reaching for the Heavens
Retired Staff
bodejodel
bodejodel
The Magi pretty much flat out refused to teach anyone who wasn't their friend OOC in the past. I hope this changes.
We were OOC friends aaand I was a fellow staff member. Still, he refused to even teach me a tiny bit of magic because of IC stuff... ;)

_NiahCatz_

Villager
Hey, could I get whitelisted?
IGN: _NiahCatz_
RP Experince: Really good!
RP Quality: Ok, I just need someone to rp with!
RP Name?: Niah?
RP Surname?: Joyce?
Hope this is enough, and I can remove the RP name and surname... If this isn't enough reply what else you need to know!

Last edited:

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Hope this is enough, if not reply on what else you need to know!
Hello There!

This is not the place to get whitelisted, you're going to want to go here [X] and fill out that process, feel free to message me if you need help or have questions c:

_NiahCatz_

Villager
Hope this is enough, and I can remove the RP name and surname... If this isn't enough reply what else you need to know!
I realised you can use /nick <Name>. Oops! Oh well, I just really anna be whitelisted cos, uh, best server EVER! DUH!

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
Hello There!

This is not the place to get whitelisted, you're going to want to go here [X] and fill out that process, feel free to message me if you need help or have questions c:

_NiahCatz_

Villager
Hello There!

Uh, hey! Thanks! Uh, it's saying I don't have the privleges (or however you spell it) to reply there... What do I do? I'm logged in and stuff, it just won't let me reply! But thanks again!

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Uh, hey! Thanks! Uh, it's saying I don't have the privleges (or however you spell it) to reply there... What do I do? I'm logged in and stuff, it just won't let me reply! But thanks again!
Just give me a moment, I will PM you the details!