Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

An Update on Lore - July 2015

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
...Aaaand that's my gif collection outshined in one fell stroke by K9.

Well played, good sir.

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
...Aaaand that's my gif collection outshined in one fell stroke by K9.

Well played, good sir.
While "12 years single malt" is amazing, I have a new signature I do believe

-K9

Spark

Broken
I couldn't care in any way but....

>mfw people think having magic will change how plate armour is being used.

Literally a completely different mechanic.

Last edited:

RexJen

Lord of Altera
I couldn't care in any way but....

>mfw people think having magic will change how plate armour is being used.

Literally a completely different mechanic.
Think of it this way, when no melty hand waving, shiny is used and ninja assassin die easy
when melty hand waving, shiny lose, but ninja assassin win against melty hand waving
therefore rock paper scissors

Teeke

Lord of Altera
I was once a big burly, female, fighter. Rose! She was a tough bitch, and always walked around stinking cuz she had poor hygine and sweated profusely due to always wears chain and plate. She picked fights and would beat people up to prove herself. So Fragrant Rose was one day sitting in the Naught minding her own business when a fight breaks out. She joins in all of her punching and kicking and farting and puking. A mystic and a thaumaturgist showed up. One incapacitated her body, the other her suit of armor.
Saying that fighting styles will be unaffected by a large presence of magic is slightly incorrect, in my opinion.

Spark

Broken
Think of it this way, when no melty hand waving, shiny is used and ninja assassin die easy
when melty hand waving, shiny lose, but ninja assassin win against melty hand waving
therefore rock paper scissors
That's implying melty hand waving is actually melty and not lukewarm hand waving. Which I doubt it will be as that would be pretty OP. If it's hot enough to melt metal, against unarmoured opponents you could just like... melt their face off, pretty quickly.

Teeke

Lord of Altera
That's implying melty hand waving is actually melty and not lukewarm hand waving. Which I doubt it will be as that would be pretty OP. If it's hot enough to melt metal, against unarmoured opponents you could just like... melt their face off, pretty quickly.
Yes, someone could, couldn't they?

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
I think you're all imagining the wrong thing. I don't imagine any Journeyman being able to just be like "I'm gonna melty hand wave your face", it'll be more like "I'm gonna warmy-hand wave you, making you sweat profusely and being super uncomfortable". Melting iron takes quite a high temperature, so I'd imagine it'd take a Master to do that.

I really don't think we have to be worried about being in the tavern and then suddenly being dead.

Not everyone desires combat RP, nor does everyone desire to constantly kill other characters.

Edit: Then again, I don't know a thing here, so you lot could be right. I won't panic until I see someone having their skin melted from their face by the the guy who started learning five minutes ago.

-K9

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
It would take months of training for a mage to be even somewhat scary.

If it's anything like the last go, most things require either prep time to be useful or are at best annoyances that can be used to gain a slight advantage in a combat RP when you're an apprentice.

EDIT: And, again, we've only seen magic from when maguses have popped up because no one but the cogitation group made it past learning even more than one spell.