Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

An Update on Lore - July 2015

Teeke

Lord of Altera
It would take months of training for a mage to be even somewhat scary.

If it's anything like the last go, most things require either prep time to be useful or are at best annoyances that can be used to gain a slight advantage in a combat RP when you're an apprentice.

EDIT: And, again, we've only seen magic from when maguses have popped up because no one but the cogitation group made it past learning even more than one spell.
^ as mentioned here, I am very pleased to hear the magic system is being reworked and i hope it's more accessible. The long training, teaching time I think is neato and I hope it doesn't change too much.

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Think of it this way, when no melty hand waving, shiny is used and ninja assassin die easy
when melty hand waving, shiny lose, but ninja assassin win against melty hand waving
therefore rock paper scissors
So combat RP will become Pokemon

Friosis

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
Simmer, children.

You don't even know how the system works yet, don't start trying to argue the validity of it.
Twas talking about the current issues vs pokemon, not current vs future or future systems vs pokemon. Apologies if that was confusing.

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
I have a seceret tactic to whipe all your as- ahem- butts out! Tremble and fear!

Friosis

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
My pokemon comment was just a joke :p
And I disagree with the previous statement you made.
Fair enough, but I do think that the current combat we have now could be improved vastly. (To be fair, pokemon is a more "balanced" combat system than ours, but not exactly a consistently fun one.)

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Calm yer mammaries, folks. I know there are plenty of you willing to help - you don't all need to reply with a 'pick me' just yet. ;)

I aim to release the submissions and research threads later today in any case, but until then please hang tight before leaping headfirst into a project that might not be available now/yet.
pick me, fae! me me me me me me me

Ace19

Lord of Altera
Our combat system is fine really, Everyone complains about plate armor being to op and making us tanks, yet those are the same people that have the internet and a thousand databases at their fingertips and can easily find how to stop plate armor.

Raith

Lord of Altera
Our combat system is fine really, Everyone complains about plate armor being to op and making us tanks, yet those are the same people that have the internet and a thousand databases at their fingertips and can easily find how to stop plate armor.
guess we can do the same for people who use magic. not too difficult then.

Ace19

Lord of Altera
No people breaking bones with their mind and detecting lifefroms a mile away or shooting fireballs out their mouth is not real, nor will you find a way to stop it on the internet because it is made up. If I created a spell for the server that makes anyone the magi think of die, you cant go on google and look up how to stop it

Raith

Lord of Altera
No people breaking bones with their mind and detecting lifefroms a mile away or shooting fireballs out their mouth is not real, nor will you find a way to stop it on the internet because it is made up. If I created a spell for the server that makes anyone the magi think of die, you cant go on google and look up how to stop it
hence why this is a "fantasy" server. you can always LARP if you feel you aren't getting your daily dose of realism

Teeke

Lord of Altera
See my below venn diagram
( People who wear plate all the time ( people who complain about realism during fights, but also wear plate all the time and never seem to overheat or have any sort of negative associated with always wearing plate) People who complain about realism )

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Evil
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
"What" to the first few there, and "why", lastly. If you don't want to fight a magic character, don't. :p

Friosis

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
You know, plate armor probably wouldn't be so OP if people properly RP'd their armor's weaknesses. People say plate isn't OP because it's realistic and magic isn't so it's easily OP, but I've seen people turn plate into a mythical item that was given out to people for free (with a castle on the side), can be repaired in a single day after being dented badly, and can be worn all hours of the day without any issues, rusting, or otherwise, and completely stops any and all damage from anything that doesn't excess 200 pounds in force. (Not that plate users are alone in some of these issues, but people use plate as an excuse for these actions more often than not.).

There are two solutions to the issues I present, and both satisfy completely different groups. Either you start Role-Playing armor as more an inconvenience, and obeying the findings of all factual historical documents/studies, (even the ones you don't agree with). This also means dealing with the fact your armor is going to be a chaotic mess of history research and documents that contradict each other. OR, you keep armor convenient, but make it less restricting for other people to deal with, basically "nerfing" it to the ground from where it is now. So either we make plate armor super complicated and force everyone who uses it to have a major in medieval history and be put on staff watch list. Or we dumb it down and make it very helpful and convenient to those who wear it, but not overly restrictive or realistic in how others fight against it.

Not to mention I wasn't even talking about plate armor, while plate armor has huge issues yes I was more referencing how someone wins combat RP at the moment, and how silly the process is. Which is being worked on by staff but I figured i'd mention it.

Also I think we should /rerail, I kinda just derailed this into plate armor stuff.