Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Anime

TheSkye

Loyal Servant of Altera
Usagi Drop is great but DO NOT LOOK INTO THE MANGA. Or read up how it goes. Trust me you do NOT want to do it. Even though the story isn't completely finished make up your own ending. It is almost universally regarded as taking an unforgivable bad twist in the end. I am trying to save your enjoyment of the anime. Heed the warnings unlike I did.
Tbh I didn't know it had a manga, thanks for the warning, as the anime is kinda perfect. (Love the specials too.)

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Tbh I didn't know it had a manga, thanks for the warning, as the anime is kinda perfect. (Love the specials too.)
While not 100% almost every anime has a Light Novel, Manga, game or webcomic they are trying to advance sales for. There are very few original anime with no manga or LN, and of those I'm fairly certain a manga or LN soon follows if its popular enough.

ThatDudeParker

Villager
I could go on for hours on this subject,
However, Ones I've enjoyed recently are Boku No Hero Academia and Attack On Titan (Late to that train, I know)
My childhood mainly consisted of Avatar the Last Airbender and Pokemon :)giphy.gif

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
First trailer for No Game Lo Life- Zero has been out for a while too.

I just hope they don't waste too much time on the War of the Races Flashback and manage to get to the Flügel Arc.

And before the question comes, no they won't play Shiritori again - the game they will play will be epic in the sense of 'who the heck would that play with around 100 Flügel (if you don't get the seriousness of playing a game against them, listen to the lore in the anime)

Last edited:

TheSkye

Loyal Servant of Altera
I could go on for hours on this subject,
However, Ones I've enjoyed recently are Boku No Hero Academia and Attack On Titan (Late to that train, I know)
My childhood mainly consisted of Avatar the Last Airbender and Pokemon :)View attachment 82974
Those 2 are rather popular this season, pretty much the only new ones that are in anime vines/crack atm too. XD
As for your childhood ones those are good too, seen Korra yet?

I'm afraid I'm not on the hype train for that, kinda gave up the series after the first episode, too lewd for me. :oops:

Catena

Lord of Altera
Hero
Catena
Catena
Hero
i looooove no game no life. it's easily one of my favorite anime. it's funny while still action packed, and while the characters are a little OP, it's nothing like SAO's 'i'm not that good lol *kills everyone*'.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
No game No Life was great. Much rather they continue the main story instead of flashbacks imo. But hey, I love the show in general so more of it in any form is good for me.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
No game No Life was great. Much rather they continue the main story instead of flashbacks imo. But hey, I love the show in general so more of it in any form is good for me.
Its part of the main story.
Its basically 'How Imanity (intended spelling, for all those not knowing the anime) survived the great war of the gods'
it also explains what happened to the Flügel god and how ted came to be.

The reason I would rather prefer the Flügel and Mermaid arcs to be featured more is that we got enough 'Human vs greater enemies' animes out there. In which's trope NGNL only falls slightly due to Imanity being unable to perceive magic at all.

i looooove no game no life. it's easily one of my favorite anime. it's funny while still action packed, and while the characters are a little OP, it's nothing like SAO's 'i'm not that good lol *kills everyone*'.
You think Sora is OP?
Jibril tanked a Tzar hydrogen bomb (80 MT)

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
It's about damn time. Also Attack on Titan S2 is vvvvery noice.
It will still be a while, and I don't see much anything other than Ted telling Izuna what happened - the only characters de facto alive from that time that have been shown are likely the Flügel.
Which is fun, because it means they are shuffling arcs around.
There are pretty much two novels in between what we see in the trailer and the actual story progression.

Edit:
Correction, this isn't a second NGNL season.
Its a movie
So an official translation will take 1+ years after it has been released in Japan

Edit2:

Which I consider good news, since it means that if there will ever be another season, they won't waste episodes on the war;While epic, it fits in very badly with the rest of the story imho.

e3:
Also serves as a good reminder that Flügel are not cute - the anime imho botched the scene where Jibril got introduced a bit and couldn't get the whole death incarnated aura she gave off over properly.

Last edited:

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic
Welp, felt this thread could use a little bump, so I guess I'll suggest a few anime I've liked, or cried like a baby at.

First off, "Your Lie in April" I loved the story, the music, every single thing about it.
Secondly, I really liked "Sasameki Koto" but the endings in both the anime, and the Manga (albeit, by a lot less in it) were slightly unfulfilling, and left me a bit angry.
Some other series I've liked are, "Parasyte", and "Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon." (Likely some others I just can't remember too.)
Thoughts? Or recommendations?

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
^
If you want a tear jerker:
Kimi ga nozumou ein.
Plastic Memories

There is another rather recent one which's name I forgot pretty sure it was discussed here too though.

Last edited:

Vincentius

A miserable little pile of secrets
Lore Staff
Lover
Hero
Staff
Vinsintius
Vinsintius
Lover
"Aku no Hana" (The Flowers of Evil) is an anime I would recommend for any who wish to watch something that goes beyond traditional shoujo/shounen/seinen styles in anime. I consider it to be a slice of life psychological horror, and it is one of the best anime I have watched as a masterpiece, in my opinion.

BUT, if flashy colors and cute cartoon characters with big eyes is what draws you to anime, you may not enjoy Aku no Hana too much; its art style is one unique to anime, in all respects, which adds immensely to the surreal unease the content brings. Rather than trying to summarize it in my own words, I'll leave those interested to look it up themselves.

I'm also going to link in an incredibly justifed and spoiler free review, as it fully portrays that the show can definitely be considered an acquired taste.
https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=100683

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
It is fascinating how the female eyes in the Koi to Uso anime manage to scare the shit out of me despite having read the manga

And let me tell you a secret: the other girl is even worse.
Just imagine how this would look like if she went Gasai Yuno lol

khizar

Villager

I just hope they don't waste too much time on the War of the Races Flashback and manage to get to the Flügel Arc.

And before the question comes, no they won't play Shiritori again - the game they will play will be epic in the sense of 'who the heck would that play with around 100 Flügel (if you don't get the seriousness of playing a game against them, listen to the lore in the anime)
Yo when's it coming out tho?

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Yo when's it coming out tho?
As aid in one of the following posts - its a movie and it Aired on Jul 15th.

So depending on whether the BD has an English sub or you might have to wait either 1 or two years.

As a reference A Movie aired on Nov 26th 2016 and the BD will release on Aug 31st.

Now I'm pretty sure there won't be enough pieces of it so it will likely be 2018 until I finally saw the movie. ;)
Just a reference for how long you will probably have to wait :D

Season two for NGNL isn't set in stone either, due to shenanigans.

Again making a comparison with the same anime from above here:
Season 1 Aired 2015 and we still got no release date despite the Season's name being already known :p

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Other prominent anime that have been announced with release dates in the air include Steins Gate 0, and the third season of Code Geass. Although Code Geass is likely easier to predict than Steins Gate despite Gate being announced first.

There are a series of recap movies being released about Code Geass and once they are all released we'll likely get a date for the third season. As well as I expect the last movie end to give some sort of hint to the third season in its ending as opposed to the show wrapping everything up nicely.