Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

AnimePixie255's Application [accepted - Niek]

AnimePixie255

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?

AnimePixie255

2. How old are you?

23 Years old, Turning 24 this october.

3. What country are you from?

Australia

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?

Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?

Metagaming is when external factors are used to sway game in ones favour, for example if someone used the money they had in real life to buy something within the game world. Powergaming is when you are so focused on a single goal you ignoor other aspects of a game, you put all your energy into that goal at the cost of other elements such as roleplay or exploring other game features.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?

NO.

7. Tell us about yourself!

Hi, I'm AnimePixie255 but you can just call me Pixie. I love web devepment and have studied it as a career choice, I don't have a job in the area just yet but i'm getting there. I've also recently stared learning to make Fursuits and went to my first Furry convention recently with my first completed suit :). I love graphic design aswell and try to be as creative as possible :). I must have colected at least 2/3 of every farming game on the planet, I LOVE the genra and intend to show it in game ;).

8. Do you have any examples of your work?

Not at this time.

9. Did anyone refer you?

No, I found this server myself through research.
About Your Character!

Character Name: Luna kaak (Moon Cat)

Character Age: 53

Character Race: Elven

Appearance: Long golden hair and fair pale skin and blue eyes. She wears a white cotton dress with taned leater arm adonments and greekish crisscross lace up sandals. The leather is painted to seem golden in the light but in fact still just leather.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!

Once upon a time in a distant eleven land a child was born, in the full moons gentle glow she entered the world and in its honour was named Luna. She grew and learned and studied as any other her age but as she grew older one thing became clear. Luna was not your classic eleven lady, she loved to grow things. She didn't know why she was so drawn to the Flora around her but she loved it. Others of her kind had tried to explain to her that these tasks were not for a lady such as her but for the servants. Luna never understood why an activity that brought so much joy was pawned of onto the servants. She loved to plant her crops and grow her flowers and made many a dish with the produce. They were special to her, all of her plants were special to her.

Then came reality. Her parents sat her down and told her that she needed to stop her 'menial tendencies' as they put it. They lectured her on the importance of social status and self image, they scolded her on what she had done to the garden, they accused her of many hurtful things. They wanted to sent her away, to study under her aunt and become a 'Proper eleven woman'. Luna did not want this, she wanted her plants, her cooking, her freedom. Society bore down on her and she struggled under its weight. The only thing that kept her going was the promise that once a month she would get to visit home. Then she could see her plants again, or so she thought.

When she arrived back home she was devastated. Mother and Father had sold everything and replaced it with their ornamental garden for the servants to attend to. Luna wept, her world was shattered. Despite the scolding from her Aunt and Parents she remained in that state even after the world had retired in wake of the moon. That is when she made a decision that would change her life. She had had enough. Light had not even graced the earth that morning when she left. She would travel, she would find a new home, she would prove them wrong, she would build the most successful farm-fresh cafe anyone had seen and then they would have to acknowledge her!

Little did she know what the world had in store for her.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Heya. A couple of things to go over on the application. You mention your character being born in a distant land of elves. In our world, the Northern Kingdoms are pretty much the only land characters can be from, unless they come from the anarchic and lawless Sorrows to the South. In the Northern Kingdoms, there's Tauredal as a strictly elven place, but it's more for Forest Elves. I'm not sure if your character is a Forest Elf or a Silver Elf, but you can check out our playable race section to decide which is more fitting for your character. Just a small edit/clarification there though.

The skin is also a bit odd, as we don't have any Ancient Grecco-Roman influence. Maybe something more fitting for a European Medieval setting. I'd recommend editing up test up a bit to more reflect the lore and picking a skin that's not quite so Ancient Greek. :)

Just reply here when you've edited.

AnimePixie255

Villager
How's this for a skin insted? and we can forget the 'distant land' stuff. As for the kind of elf my bad for not mentioning it, she's a silver elf thats part of the reason why her parent were so againt her love of farming :) the idea is when i start playing on the server thats picking up from the end of the background story. :3 I hope that clears things up let me know weather I need to make any more adjustments.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Additionally, I want to address the question about powergaming and metagaming, as I let that slip by. I apologize. However, metagaming is when you use information you know OOC and use it IC, even though your character doesn't know it. Powergaming is when you take actions that denies someone else the change to respond, or controlling what their character does/reacts.