Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Any interest in a Hollowworld bloodline game?

S

Stevey

As stated I'd love to join in, I know the basics of the game but I'm still a bit of a noob with the more advanced stuff. I haven't even gotten to forging yet !

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
I will play seriously and slightly in character. And i need to get better at playing as my knowledge consists of farming, mining and logging.

arcosanti

I think I might like it here
As stated I'd love to join in, I know the basics of the game but I'm still a bit of a noob with the more advanced stuff. I haven't even gotten to forging yet !
Which means you have outstanding qualifications for our first Overseer! :D

But in all seriousness - I'd be glad to take the first year and get us clear of the basics like finding a good site, initial party composition, and food production. That will give folks some time to brush up on the basics if they feel a little overwhelmed. Plus, never be shy about asking potentially fortress saving questions like: "How do I butcher this camel?" or "What does this lever do?"

Con

Lord of Altera
Just one question if you guys play in one texture file would I be able to play in another so I know what everything looks like?

arcosanti

Just one question if you guys play in one texture file would I be able to play in another so I know what everything looks like?
Totally - each of us can play with a different texture file if we like. The only thing it would really affect is that the in-game screenshots would be inconsistent. We can certainly standardize on a texture pack if we like. It definitely helps people when they're getting their feet wet with the game.

I use Ironhand.
Ironhand is a good call. I second that suggestion.

wanderin_robin

Admin au Naturale
Get one decided and ill start practicing with it. I usually use default but it might be quite nice to see my dragon powered goblin/excess peacock/elf bodypart incinerator in a fancy tileset

EDIT: Ill give Ironhand a go

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
*Stares at his computer screen in awe*

Lars, mayhap there should be a specific Forum on the website dedicated to this Bloodline game? With sections for ideas, future games, that lot. And can I be the Dungeon Master/Keeper? I know there's some noble in the game with a title like that.

JustShadow

Zalenfal Guardian
I'll spend the next few hours trying to grasp the concept of this game, then. For deciding when everyone goes in the game: put me after a few people so that I have time to understand what the heck I'll be doing ^-^

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
When will this start? Will it be text like Boatmurdered, or will it be videos?
Isn't that obvious? Why on earth would it be a video? How can a video create the same atmosphere and story driven, journal structured story telling that Boatmurdered does?

There is no rush to start this as I would hope people get to grips with the complexity of the game and research similar bloodline games like Boatmurdered first.

arcosanti

Count me in!
Also for those of you newbies out there might I bring to your attention this newly released book available from your local Amazon...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Getting-Sta...4945/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1340310351&sr=8-1
...an O'Reilly book for Dwarf Fortress. My life is now complete. Thanks for that, cherbert - I may actually have to order that now just on principle.

When will this start? Will it be text like Boatmurdered, or will it be videos?
To harness the current momentum - I'm going to load the current version this weekend and run the first year over the next week. This will give folks that want to brush up some time to feel more comfortable with the game before their turn. Like wanderin_robin, I'm a purist at heart and love the ASCII, but the graphics pack will make it a little more accessible for the new players as well as comprehensible for anyone that stops by to check on the thread that isn't a DF fanatic.

Proposed turn order, based arbitrarily on the order in which people chimed in on the thread:

1) arcosanti
2) ikbenlars
3) Conmaster13
4) wanderin_robin
5) JustShadow
6) jakp25
7) blargtheawesome
8) cherbert

So folks like JustShadow and jakp25 have a few weeks to get in fighting trim to run a fortress. If folks are eager to go sooner in the turn order or want more time and go later in the turn order - just let me know and we can easily shuffle things around a bit.

S

Stevey

I'm not bothered whichever tileset we go with, but I'm still too new for ASCII :)

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
1) arcosanti
2) ikbenlars
3) Conmaster13
4) wanderin_robin
5) JustShadow
6) jakp25
7) blargtheawesome
8) cherbert
Unless you want me to be asking question on how to do... Anything, really, I wouldn't recommend letting me play the Bloodline game. Though I will be cheering you on from the side lines.

wanderin_robin

Admin au Naturale
I'm not bothered whichever tileset we go with, but I'm still too new for ASCII :)
The ASCII is fine once your used to it, I started on Maday Green and then switched to default (cant remeber why) and since Id already been playing it wasnt too difficult to learn the symbols. Most of them resemble the item the represent anyway and you get to know the ones you use regularly pretty fast

arcosanti

I've pulled Blarg from the rotation at his request, leaving eight of us to build a fortress of glory.

Found a suitable embark site, have completed the initial skill/gear loadout, and just need to finish the first year of play. I'll start two new threads: one for the play-by-play of the game and a second thread for Q&A regarding things like game mechanics.

Strike the earth!