Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Application: Nikolche [Approved - Niek Morenta]

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
About you
1) What is your MINECRAFT username?

SirNicholas14

2) How old are you?

16 (17 in a week)

3) Where are you?

East coast of the United States

4) Have you read our guides yet?

Yes

5) Introduce yourself!

I am a high school student who lives in what its inhabitants call, "a nice town that nobody cares about". I am highly interested in the sciences at school and I aspire to do something specifically in the field of medicine. I have an affinity to theater specifically musical theater and I also row for my school's crewing team. I tend to play in sci fi games such as starmade, starbound, mass effect etc. and I have joined some role-play servers on some of those games as well and now I would like to try role playing in a totally different genre. Games such as Minecraft, Starmade, Starbound and many others appeal to me because they are all open world games that I can explore and build to the limits of my imagination in.

6) Got any examples of your work?

7) Did you explore our world prior to your application?

Yes, I completed the King's quest and I explored the crossroads, War camp and Port Silver. I have only this to say, best architecture I have ever seen in Minecraft.

8) Referrer: (Optional)

About your character
Name
:

Nikolche Variclav

He insists being called Niko since many tend to mispronounce his name

21 human years

Race:

Human

Appearance:

He has a height of 6'3" and a moderately athletic build. He has dirty blonde hair parted down the left and deep blue eyes. His movements are fluid and purposeful. Usually he is seen in maroon robes with navy blue and gold accents and a light beige hood (picture of skin below, if it is not approved I will certainly change it).View attachment 69520

---

The test

(I apologize if this is long, I'm a prolific writer)

There is no wind and there is no sound, the animals hide away in their dens and nests, all is still. Then, with no warning, the sun peers through the edge of the horizon and brings the landscape to life. Leaves stir, animals wake, birds chirp...the sunlight grows stronger, revealing the wall of a cottage with a small square window. The sunlight illuminates a cozy bedroom filled with a lectern beside a desk, a bookshelf crammed with a diverse collection of compendiums, and novels, and an elegant yet simple oak bed occupied by a man. The beam's gentle caress of his face brings him out of his peaceful sleep. He slowly rises and once he gets out of bed he stretches his already long limbs. He follows the ingrained choreography of pacing around the room, completing all the tasks of his daily routine and as a finale, he stands beside the window of his room, contemplating the nature, the animals simply overjoyed by the peaceful morning. Even the sorrow of young Nikolche's upbringing was permeated by the sheer exuberance of the forest creatures and so his subtle melancholy disappeared and he was left with a smile on his face. He strode over to the hatch leading to the rest of the cottage and climbed down the ladder to the main room. The room is alive with the clamor of pots and pans, and the busy noises of a mother and father; Nikolche slowly walks over to the kitchen to greet his parents. At first his parents do not acknowledge his existence but then his father blurts, "oh hey there...son". The greeting became yet another emotional stab that he has grown accustomed to, "Nikolche, can you help prepare breakfast for your younger brothers" his mother said sweetly. Nikolche was born the middle child to a family of five, barely any attention was paid to him when he was growing up; although his parents provided him with a good education and a stable middle class lifestyle, nothing could substitute the love provided by a father and a mother. He did as his mother told and gave his younger brother and sister their corresponding breakfasts; Nikolche noticed that nothing was prepared for him so he uttered a quiet sigh (that was ignored by his family) and began preparing himself a morning meal. Being neglected as a child, he grew to be quite independent, learning much of his skills alone and through the extensive library in his bedroom, he took it upon himself to make sure he was well versed in poetry, and literature and with that knowledge he developed his own view of the world; he seems quite interested in the ways of the merchant, he sometimes dreams of traveling Altera, meeting new people, striking bargains and actually living. Once Nikolche finished his improvised breakfast, he wasted no time getting out of that house. Village life was quiet and usually uneventful, save for the occasional burglary or two. Once outside, he is quickly greeted by the next best thing to familial companionship, his friends, "eh, Niko, how's the folks?" Nikolche looks back at him with a puzzled expression, "I have parents?" they chuckled and then proceeded in no hurry to the village square. At Nikolche's right was a stout bearded man whose breath smelled of last night's beverage of choice, his name is Lomar, at Nikolche's left was a fair girl, she may look like a pleasant blossom, but beneath her "petals" lies a sharp tongue and scrappy personality, her name is Larayna. To Nikolche, these people are the only family that he has ever known. "Niko, something's been getting at me..." Lomar went on, "you know how to cook, manage finances, hell I'll be damned if you can't build a house from the ground up, and for everyday for the past several years, you've made a quip about your deadbeat parents... for gods' sakes man why do you stay with them?", "its true, you don't seem to like being cooped up in that house" Larayna added. Those words registered in Nikolche, it's as if someone had thrown him asunder down into the ocean and once he resurfaced he found himself in a brand new world. With his mouth agape and fingertips applied to his cheek he was at a loss for words, but his mind was rushing through several thoughts at once, "They are totally and completely correct, I have all the necessary skills and knowledge for independent life and yet it took me this long to realize that I could leave" his hand quickly transgressed into a facepalm and he was utterly stupefied, "Holy crap, I have been living in a perpetual hell and I practically volunteered to live in it". Nikolche still had his face in his palm for several moments after; Larayna with concern said, "uh Niko...are you ok" there was no response, "Niko?". As if he gained the speed of the gods themselves, Nikolche spasmed a full one hundred eighty degrees back to them and suddenly spoke with great manic energy, "There is great change flowing through me, no longer shall I stand idly by and let my life decay and wither, NO LONGER shall I passively accept a meager village existence" (he said that so loudly that most of the working villagers near him turned and gave him a look of profound disgust). Nikolche lowered his hands and appeared to calm down, "right...well I hate to make short goodbyes especially the closest thing I could call a family...but life waits for no man.". With these words Nikolche whisked himself away and before Lomar and Larayna knew he returned back outside with a backpack filled with all the essentials for travel, they exchanged a few words and Nikolche was off, destination: a new life. Lomar and Larayna just stood back and started second guessing the whole situation, "Did we just break Nikolche?" Larayna however said, "You know, I think we just made him anew...or we finally pushed him off the brink and into insanity."

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
(he said that so loudly that most of the working villagers near him turned and gave him a look of profound disgust)

-K9