Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[ArricEzras]'s Application [Accepted - Elz]

ArricEzras

Villager
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
ArricEzras

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
United States of America

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
[Edit] As of now I have read over the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, and Most of the official lore and citizen guides.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is the use of outside RP knowledge in an RP setting that your character wouldn't have known or have access to.

Powergaming is the refusal to be beaten, essentially defining yourself as an unkillable, undefeatable character

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No. Strictly Forbidden.

7. Tell us about yourself!
I am a big fan of Pokemon, even at the aging 23 the original 151 hold whimsy in my heart. I enjoy a broad span of music, from EDM to 70's Rock. I fancy myself a writer and am an avid reader of fantasy and Sci-fi. I enjoy rolling dice and playing pretend in my off time, and am a veteran of over 14 campaigns that have ended successfully.

8. Do you have any examples of your work?
Unfortunately I don't have any examples of my work that I have ready for sharing.

9. Did anyone refer you?
Negative, However I was formerly whitelisted under my old username Keatondar.
About Your Character!
Character Name
:
Arric Ezrastus

Character Age:

Character Race:
Bog-standard Human.

Appearance:
Brown Hair, Blue eyes, a set of ripped and mended leather armor and a shoulder cape. no accessories.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
here is a link to the Skindex entry for it: (http://www.minecraftskins.com/skin/8445126/skyrim-bandit/)

Written Test!:

Arric rolled out of bed. He glanced around the tavern and realized he didn't remember
stopping there the night before. His bag was gone, his father's sword was gone, he had been robbed after drinking too much the night before and now he was in a strange tavern with none of his equipment or traveling papers.

He sighed thinking to himself ‘At least I have my clothes. Not even a bandit would want these rags’. He stretched and quickly bounded across the room and threw the door out into the hallway open. His bare feet slapping on the wooden floor.​

He ran down the stairs and entered into the common-room and realized he was completely alone. No bard, bartender or even a server to greet him. Cobwebs dusted the corners of the tavern and the hearth was cool.​

“Hello?” Arric shouted, glancing around the tavern for some sign of non-vermin life. “I don’t know if I paid for my room, or what exactly happened, but I would like to at least talk to someone.”

Dead silence greeted him. He quickly crossed the common room and jumped over the bar, years of working as a travelling harvester had paid off, and he pushed the saloon doors open to peer into kitchen. On the floor was a simple training sword made from a couple sticks and planks, a layer of dust clung to its surface.

Arric quickly snatched it and slid it into his belt. A wooden sword is better than fists unless you’d been trained as one of them monks. Arric never had the luxury to be taught to points of brawling so the sword was handy.

A single chest sat in the corner of the kitchen, and the lock had long since rusted away. Arric again ran across the floor to the chest as his stomach growled. He didn’t know how long he had been out or if he was even anywhere civilized, so anything would be better than starving alone.

He wrenched the lid of the chest open and it fell to the floor with a resounding crash. Inside the chest was his bag. Complete with his papers and a hand-drawn map of the local area with circles and x’s around certain roads with a hastily scrawled ‘here be bandits’ near them, this information made his heart beat faster than it should have. Even though his bag was in the chest his sword was nowhere to be seen and going against bandits armed with a wooden sword would be suicide.

In a foreign land with no real contacts, no food, and possibly surrounded by bandits. Arric did the only thing a sane person would do. He fled as fast as his bare feet would take him out the back door of the kitchen.

Burrs and thistles clung to his clothes and he knew that he was in danger. But above all else he wanted one thing: Safety.​

Final Notes:
Thank you for the consideration. I hope that my written test is sufficient. I would enjoy playing on your server as a whitelisted individual.

Last edited:

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.