Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Active Azio Cors's Profile

Stratonis

I think I might like it here
Azio likes more piano and organ style music.
Azio would go off about how much he love organs and music.

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
Hey... I don't want to be that guy... But being a 6'6" silver elf weighing in at 245 pounds is considered overweight, I understand that he's muscular, but he weighs more than a human blacksmith to put it into perspective. I'd recommend toning it down to at least 200 pounds, as elves tend to be on the lighter side of humans.

To give some numbers, he's got a bmi of 28.3, which is decently into the 'overweight' spectrum

Catanomical

Lord of Altera
Catanomical
Catanomical
Evil
Hey... I don't want to be that guy... But being a 6'6" silver elf weighing in at 245 pounds is considered overweight, I understand that he's muscular, but he weighs more than a human blacksmith to put it into perspective. I'd recommend toning it down to at least 200 pounds, as elves tend to be on the lighter side of humans.

To give some numbers, he's got a bmi of 28.3, which is decently into the 'overweight' spectrum
I've told him he should turn it down.

Stratonis

I've told him he should turn it down.
I'll put it down to 235. But due to a formula used by bodybuilders. Base weight is 100 for people at 5ft to 6ft. They should add 5 pounds for every inch. While 6+ is 10 lb for every inch. Since Bruce Lee was at 165 at 5'7, he was over that by 30 pounds and wasn't at body builder status, but was lean and had alot of muscle. So if you follow up by 5-10 lb for every inch for Azio he would be at 225. Then I added 30 more pounds to look a bit more like the body Bruce Lee would've had. But this shows that I've done the math for his weight, but for your sakes, I'll tone it down by 10 pounds.
P.S. It's common in tall people to have higher bone mass than shorter people. But vice versa can also be true for some people.

Last edited:

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
I'll put it down to 235. But due to a formula used by bodybuilders. Base weight is 100 for people at 5ft to 6ft. They should add 5 pounds for every inch. While 6+ is 10 lb for every inch. Since Bruce Lee was at 165 at 5'7, he was over that by 30 pounds and wasn't at body builder status, but was lean and had alot of muscle. So if you follow up by 5-10 lb for every inch for Azio he would be at 225. Then I added 30 more pounds to look a bit more like the body Bruce Lee would've had. But this shows that I've done the math for his weight, but for your sakes, I'll tone it down by 10 pounds.
P.S. It's common in tall people to have higher bone mass than shorter people. But vice versa can also be true for some people.
you may have done your math for something like a human character, but the problem is that your character isn't human, they are a silver elf, and as a silver elf Azio would have less bone density, less muscle mass, and naturally be taller and more on the lean side, such is the way of elves.
to quote the section detailing the physiological build of Silver Elves-
"Commonly tall in stature, standing on average at least 5'8" and above. Generally thin and lithe in body frame without much muscle mass due to absence of hard labor in their society. Can develop a wiry muscle structure if athletics are pursued, but will rarely bulk out. Their bone structure is also very fine, gracing the Silver Elves with delicate form including long slender fingers and high cheekbones."
no way would a silver elf be able to look something like this

this is a 6'6" 235 pound body builder

Stratonis

This is a 6'4 240 pound UFC Fighter. The reason why I use a UFC fighter is because they don't lift weights all day long, they work out various parts of their body. So that they'd have much better core and endurance than a bodybuilder to give you a gist of what type of workout Azio would do. Azio is 2 inches taller and 5 pounds less.

Jesseygirl:D

Settling in Altera
you may have done your math for something like a human character, but the problem is that your character isn't human, they are a silver elf, and as a silver elf Azio would have less bone density, less muscle mass, and naturally be taller and more on the lean side, such is the way of elves.
to quote the section detailing the physiological build of Silver Elves-
"Commonly tall in stature, standing on average at least 5'8" and above. Generally thin and lithe in body frame without much muscle mass due to absence of hard labor in their society. Can develop a wiry muscle structure if athletics are pursued, but will rarely bulk out. Their bone structure is also very fine, gracing the Silver Elves with delicate form including long slender fingers and high cheekbones."
no way would a silver elf be able to look something like this

this is a 6'6" 235 pound body builder

Yea I'm totally not stalking CyberChaosV2 or anything. But awesome profile! I understand that somethings people don't like but I got a giggle from it! I plan to play an Elf as well!

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
This is a 6'4 240 pound UFC Fighter. The reason why I use a UFC fighter is because they don't lift weights all day long, they work out various parts of their body. So that they'd have much better core and endurance than a bodybuilder to give you a gist of what type of workout Azio would do. Azio is 2 inches taller and 5 pounds less.
that's not changing the fact you're making a silver elf burlier than lore states, plus you're pretty much matching Roy in build there and, I'll repeat, this is a human (burlier, but shorter and stockier) than elves, and he's a blacksmith, constantly working the arms and core, as well as legs and hips due to the motions and the way you smith. I'm not saying the dude has to be a freaking twig, but it should be within a reasonable weight for more of a wiry build.

Settling in Altera
that's not changing the fact you're making a silver elf burlier than lore states, plus you're pretty much matching Roy in build there and, I'll repeat, this is a human (burlier, but shorter and stockier) than elves, and he's a blacksmith, constantly working the arms and core, as well as legs and hips due to the motions and the way you smith. I'm not saying the dude has to be a freaking twig, but it should be within a reasonable weight for more of a wiry build.

Twinkle twinkle little elf you're only allowed to bench a shelf :D

Joke number 2! Sorry Azio it just popped into my head! Love your profile! Hope this doesn't bother you!

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
I don't want this to be an argument or anything of the like on your profile, and I have no power to tell you to change it or make you change it, but I'm letting you know now that your character doesn't entirely fit in with lore and if there are any consequences for it, you'll have to deal with them.

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
Straight up- had this problem and its still rampant, I dont know what you do to bulk up like this but there are very real characters that are less bulked out then Azio but did grueling regiments to get ther. Considering bone density and age supposedly right, as its rapid, I'm going to assume back problems would exist too. But again, thats even lmplying he's at that point.

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
Lore states that silver elves are thin naturally. I understand that this rule has been broken and is continuing to be broken, though I would suggest considering following the lore in the future, as it is really what guides all of our characters. If you were going to slip out of lore for a small moment, I'd all suggest doing research about what will happen to your character's body (I'm not quite sure what happens when you bulk way up out of lore, but I'm sure someone has better information on that.)
I'll put in a quote from the lore so that you don't have to go looking for it:
Generally thin and lithe in body frame without much muscle mass due to absence of hard labor in their society. Can develop a wiry muscle structure if athletics are pursued, but will rarely bulk out. Their bone structure is also very fine, gracing the Silver Elves with delicate form including long slender fingers and high cheekbones.
I suppose it is quote rare for them to bulk out, but if you did seek to follow this portion of the lore a bit better you could always tone him down to a more athletic build (wiry muscles like it states above.) Perhaps through the course of RP if he chooses an occupation/hobby that would allow him to bulk out, people would be less inclined to call you out on smaller lore infractions. Just my two cents, though. :p

Readij

Radish
Retired Staff
Issue raised already, but mate, unfortunately your character doesn't meet the established physiology for silver elves (which you can find here for reference).

The main bit that we're looking at is:

Commonly tall in stature, standing on average at least 5'8" and above. Generally thin and lithe in body frame without much muscle mass due to absence of hard labor in their society. Can develop a wiry muscle structure if athletics are pursued, but will rarely bulk out. Their bone structure is also very fine, gracing the Silver Elves with delicate form including long slender fingers and high cheekbones.
It's not a massive issue as far as we don't need to make a big deal out of it, and I understand the desire to have a big muscly UFC fighter body style, but it simply doesn't fit the lore, so you will need to change it.

I'm not sure how much you've RP'd with your character, but your options would essentially be to change the race to human to keep the bulky build while dropping height slightly, or changing the build significantly. Elves can still be strong, but they are lean and lithe, and that's what you'd need to change.

(Also don't feel too bad, you're not the only one who's tried a beefy elf :p)

Settling in Altera
Issue raised already, but mate, unfortunately your character doesn't meet the established physiology for silver elves (which you can find here for reference).

The main bit that we're looking at is:

It's not a massive issue as far as we don't need to make a big deal out of it, and I understand the desire to have a big muscly UFC fighter body style, but it simply doesn't fit the lore, so you will need to change it.

I'm not sure how much you've RP'd with your character, but your options would essentially be to change the race to human to keep the bulky build while dropping height slightly, or changing the build significantly. Elves can still be strong, but they are lean and lithe, and that's what you'd need to change.

(Also don't feel too bad, you're not the only one who's tried a beefy elf :p)
Maybe instead of big beefy elf he could go for slum runner body? Still strong and abs for the ladies (and/or men)!