Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Bandits are Returning

The return of the bandits is a

• Total voters

NINJA1492

Lord of Altera
Overnight, a note has been nailed to the stake in the middle of the constantly burning fire. (At spawn) No one noticed this until morning. No one heard a single footstep out of place or saw a suspicious stranger creep into town. In the morning, however, this note was noticed. On it was the following.

Bandits. A word with such evil connotations, such evil history. A word that has managed to last through the many years of relative peace. Where there has been civilization there have been bandits. But not in recent years. Peace has been true throughout the land. But there have been rumors. Rumors that the bandits are returning. Rumors that the bandits are fearless and ruthless. Rumors that the bandits kill all who disobey. These rumors have circulated, often dismissed as scary stories. It has been many years since the bandits have been seen. The bandits have been gone for a long time, letting their territory be overgrown and settled. They have been gone and have let everyone live in peace. But the rumors have started again. This time they are not just rumors that the bandits are fearless, ruthless, and murderous. These rumors are of a different nature. They are not idle gossip meant to scare young children. These rumors are different. Details of slaughters, of massacres,, of looting and destruction. These rumors are very detailed, and are heard from the mouths of scared survivors. They are not just rumors any more. The bandits are coming back to the wilds, and they are not happy. The bandits are angry at the world. Angry that they have been gone so long from the wilds. Angry that people have been living in peace for so many years. Angry that we have not collected the tax money in a long time. We will be back. We will slaughter and kill the disobedient. We will tax those who wish to survive. We will lay claim to all the old territories and expand into new ones. We will burn villages. We will kill resistors. We will be back. Prepare what meager defenses you can. We will crush all in our way.

~ Rolf Byrnson
Chieftain of House Byrnson

A Proclamation

From this day forth all those who seek to collect resources in the wilds are warned. We, the bandit horde, have claimed the territory. For you to collect resources on our territory, you will have to pay the tax. The tax will be 100 rads whenever you enter or exit the Wilds (and we see you). If you refuse to pay this tax we will attack you and make an example of you. All of your items will be collected and they will not be returned to your families. Be Warned.

OOC Stuff
If no official bandits are online, the tax will not be imposed as there will be no one to collect it. If you manage to elude the notice of bandits that are online, then you will not be taxed. This banditry will be a very RP system so we will threaten you, and warn you before we attack. If you die in game your character can be
A) Left for dead and stripped of valuables
B) taken hostage for ransom and stripped of valuables
C) Wounded
D) Other
These options will probably change with the RP so I am leaving lots of room to grow. The same rules will apply to bandits if we die in game. YOu will get all of our gear and we will have the same RP options as stated above. I suggest that there be no simple PVP battles where competitors just spam the left mouse button. This needs to be an entirely RP system for it to be fun. As of now, I am starting a new Bandits Horde that will rule the wilds! If you would wish to join this great and terrible horde, simply reply with

RP Name:
MC Username:
Reason to join the horde:
How dedicated you will be to this cause:

(Optional)
Position:
Why this position should be included in the Horde:

Right now, I am allowing incoming participants to make up a position for themselves. This can range from a normal bandit in the horde, to head armorer, head smith, etc. Be inventive! As for the available positions, I will be filling these mainly on a first come first serve basis as well as how well you can RP. We will be based in the new SW (yay it is reset now!) and we will tax all those who wish to collect resources in the SW. The initial tax will be a simple toll of 100 radiants every time you wish to enter the SW. This may increase or decrease depending on what resistance we face and how many warriors we recruit.
One of the main reasons I am starting this is to increase the money earned for mining in the SW. More money is always better, and if the banditry makes the SW very unsafe, the price per stone mined will increase! More money for everyone!

I am working on earning enough money to actually start a town in the Northern Kingdoms as well.

Position List
King of the Horde- Rolf Byrnson (NINJA1492)
Head General: Bronn Arduin (Benijim)
Head Armorer: Dwain (Kingsmill)
Spy: Aaron Haute (Christhepsycho)
Bandit: Gromm Wake (Wakerman4)

Taleis

Loyal Servant of Altera
The only problem I see with this is the same reason there are not many if any bandits. Its simply too easy to run and hide from your chaser. And its already hard enough to find someone.

Majority of the people go off into the wild... find some cave and begin digging... or they dig straight down to a certain point where they then dig in whatever pattern they chose.

Either way the miners are cloaked from the bandits hunting them. Really the only chance of finding a minier is to follow them from the start. But then this defeats the purpose because they're not going to have any loot on them unless you sit their patiently and watch them mine. And if you do that... then you could be minning yourself and be getting the extra rad from the rock you mine. And besides that there is still the chance that the miner is able to escape which is somewhat likely deepening on the situation. Overall it just seems minning is better 99% of the time. Sorry if I made it sound confusing, I am a bit sleepy.

NINJA1492

Lord of Altera
The point is not to follow them and collect goods. The point is that in order to gain entrance to an a rea that they can mine, they will have to pass by a fort/outpost of ours. Then they will A) Die while trying to get past or B) Pay the toll
If they try to fight, then we will kill them and collect their tools and armor(not sure if thats all that drops in the SW). If they do not resist, then we get rads!

Edward1878

Lord of Altera
Be prepared to be met with the might of the Caledonian Federation, we have taken your measly group down before, we will make sure it happens again!

OOC- nice to see finally that we will get some of that adrenaline pumping in the wilds, makes it more fun ;)

Spark

Broken
Lonmar will be there to put an end to this....again..no thanks to the Caledonian federation....just like last time..

(OOC) finally someone else to kill :)

Sent using Forum Runner

Markisbeest

Lord of Altera
Be prepared to be met with the might of the Caledonian Federation, we have taken your measly group down before, we will make sure it happens again!
Do you mean the way you did it last time, by letting Lonmar go to war with the bandits and wait it out in your castles? ;p

but for real, bandits are hard to rp as, since the southern wilds are empty most of the time, sadly...

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
It will be hard for lonmar to defeat bandits considering how some Lonmars are bandits themselves.
Except of course the esteemed house of Lonmar wishes to go to a war against said persons too and execute them in public as soon as they have been found.

Tomahawk777

King's Hand
If you see Caledonian Federation as the follow organisation of Myrithas, Lonmar has to watch out that they won't allied together again :p.
But nice idea anyway, I hope the new SW will be good to rp as bandit.

It will be hard for lonmar to defeat bandits considering how some Lonmars are bandits themselves.
Oh come on, both Alliances have some old bandits or bandit allies...
Also this is nothing about the individuals of houses, but their politics.

Edward1878

Lord of Altera
Lonmar will be there to put an end to this....again..no thanks to the Caledonian federation....just like last time..

(OOC) finally someone else to kill :)

Sent using Forum Runner
Heavens Reach , back in the months of April, May, June and July were the main fighting force against the bandits in the South Wilds. Then, the Hammerites defeated the bandits. How can you say you defeated the bandits when you have one of the most savage, brutal and historically biggest bandit, Royo, in your house, it ammuses me.
Except of course the esteemed house of Lonmar wishes to go to a war against said persons too and execute them in public as soon as they have been found.
Exactly, spoken my mind perfectly.

Tomahawk777

King's Hand
Uhmmm... I am not sure you know the days when HR fight with the bandits against Stormhold...
Also Royo isn't bandit anymore, I didn't see any death messages from the SW including him in the last weeks.
Also just before the bandits went inactive, Lonmar and his allies were the ones who hold stonefist in the SW couple of days against the bandits. I didn't saw any Augustian there.

Edward1878

Lord of Altera
Uhmmm... I am not sure you know the days when HR fight with the bandits against Stormhold...
Also Royo isn't bandit anymore, I didn't see any death messages from the SW including him in the last weeks.
Also just before the bandits went inactive, Lonmar and his allies were the ones who hold stonefist in the SW couple of days against the bandits. I didn't saw any Augustian there.
1) I know the days when HR was in the Sw's all the time protecting innocent people from bandit, creating forts to combat them and keeping a strong foothold. Were there any people from stormhold doing that back then, no.

2) No you did not see August, you saw the Hammerites, the same people basically in the father house of August

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
Nope, not only Lonmar, Golden Crusaders and dwarves were there aswell...

I know, i was there on the walls ;)

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
2) No you did not see August, you saw the Hammerites, the same people basically in the father house of August

Thats after the hammerite's fall, by the way, and at that battle none of august's troops, neither of hawklight, were there.

Oh, and guys, this isnt the place to start political debates, so please restrain to the avalonian/caledonian threads, re-rail!
;)

Spark

Broken
Valonyx said:
Nope, not only Lonmar, Golden Crusaders and dwarves were there aswell...

I know, i was there on the walls ;)
Weren't you the town innkeeper when that was happening? :p

Sent using Forum Runner

Tomahawk777

King's Hand
1) I know the days when HR was in the Sw's all the time protecting innocent people from bandit, creating forts to combat them and keeping a strong foothold. Were there any people from stormhold doing that back then, no.

To 1) Yes and we also fought them in NK
To 2) You started with history lesson.

NINJA1492

Lord of Altera
Can you all stop spamming the thread!

/rerail!
Thank you! This was getting out of hand. As for the rerail, there cannot be a bandit horde with only one person in it! That wouldn't be fun at all. Now join the bandits! You will receive a percentage of the taxes as well as access to the loot obtained from killing prospectors. This could mean enchanted picks, weapons , and armor! The rewards will be great!