Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Bandits that don't toll

Status
Not open for further replies.

matyio

The original mute
Any so called bandit that I hear about will not be called bandit by me, but a murderer. Join me in this to make the so called bandits realise the error of what they do, they aren't bandits, but murderes who take what they want from The corpse. If a bandit tells you to pay x amount of radiants for free passage, then they are a bandit. This is something that we all need to band together on, so reply saying if you will or not, and why.

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
Taking tolls does give the opportunity to get a continuous guaranteed income from miners... Rather than a dodgy set of armour, and a complete lack of trust in the future.
Bandits were ruthless, but they weren't stupid, and yet some were -in essence- just rebels, outcasts and murderers.

Spark

Broken
Why, do you feel the need, to create MORE drama than has already been created.
A bandit is not someone who tolls people. That's a highwayman.

NiNi

MooCat
To be honest, if you want to PvP, go to a PvP server. This server is about role playing. Not about shouting at your computer when some idiot steals all your stuff.

In my eyes, bandits are lazy. The rest of us mine, vote and work for our money.

I will never cross the line if someone is waiting for me.

Take this advice, if you want to mine, come on early, or late, when the bandits arn't around. Free, Safe passage!

If they are there, leave and come back later. Best not to complain about it. If they arn't getting kills, they will get bored and stop (Eventually).

Spark

Broken
If you want to continue hating on people who enjoy PvP, go ahead. You may gain the popularity you are hunting for but in the end you are going look at yourself and think, why am I beeing a total douche.

Why should I go to a different server? Please, enlighten me. Why should I go? I have spent a lot of my time on this server, tried to help when I can, RPed, PvPed, made some very good friends and I have had a lot of good times.

Let me make this, very clear. The Southern wilds, one of 5 worlds that can be used to gain resourses including the Northern kingdoms, has PvP enabled and has done for about a year. Why, do you feel the need to change that? Sure, you have brought up some valid points, but you have done so in the WORST possible way. You just whine. Do you come up with reasonable alternatives? No. The only valid point you can make is "this a RP server, I came here to RP". If this is true then why are you going to the southern wilds to gather resourses? Surely you should be in the northern kingdoms RPing because that, as you rightly pointed out, is what you are here for.

What annoys me even more, is that you act as if you are being personaly attacked when you are killed in game. When you die in skyrim do you e-mail Bethesda telling them to not put enemies in a dungeon because its an RPG and all you want to do is be a farmer?

A few weeks/months ago, almost the entire "bandit" population left the server. Before that there was the same old arguments, whining, complaining as there is now. When they left it died down and nobody said anything. People were still getting killed in the wilds but they just werent openly displaying it. There were no complains. But now a lot of people are becoming bandits again, all this crap comes up with it.

The solution is SOO simple. As said so many times by various people. If you do not want to be exposed to PvP, do NOT go to a PvP world and complain about dying.

How is that hard to understand?

I am not aiming this at everyone because that would be unreasonable and disrespectful. If you feel targeted by what I have said, pop me a PM and I will give you the honest answer as to whether or not if was aimed at you. Can I make it any more reasonable?

Backstay

Lord of Altera
If you want to continue hating on people who enjoy PvP, go ahead.
It's an RP server. It's supposed to be focused on RP, not bandits hopping around killing people and stealing their stuff. However no one is really hating on you here. As PvP is allowed on the server, it's not a crime, but it's not that fun going to some world to mine and gather resources and food in order to survive, and then suddenly getting murdered by a bandit who then takes your stuff. That doesn't really put a smile on your face and is not really what people are looking forward to when they start off their day.

Why should I go to a different server? Please, enlighten me.
*enlightens Spark*

No one really said directly "Go to a different server if you want to PvP," but more like a slightly refer.

Yoda

Lord of Altera
When you die in skyrim do you e-mail Bethesda telling them to not put enemies in a dungeon because its an RPG and all you want to do is be a farmer?
That made me giggle.
Sorry about that :p
I definitely agree with the points you got up there, but I think it's sorta being exploited. Y'know, like snaking in Mariokart, or standing on the swings in Nuketown so the NPC enemies can't shoot you.
Sure, you have brought up some valid points, but you have done so in the WORST possible way. You just whine. Do you come up with reasonable alternatives? No.
Actually, there are a few ideas on the other post.

Spark

Broken
Backstay said:
*enlightens Spark*

No one really said directly "Go to a different server if you want to PvP," but more like a slightly refer.
It has been said multiple times by multiple people. Once on this thread, many times on others.

Spark

Broken
Backstay said:
Yes yes, I know it has. But I meant that no one said it directly to you on this thread.
Nobody has said "spark leave the server" but it has been implied to a group of people that I am a part of. If someone said "if you want to build, go to a build server" would that not be aimed at people like Bode, Draco, Heer, Naelwyn, anyone else who builds?

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
As PvP is allowed on the server, it's not a crime, but it's not that fun going to some world to mine and gather resources and food in order to survive, and then suddenly getting murdered by a bandit who then takes your stuff.
There's a reason there is a PvP world to mine in and a PvE one. The SW adds a greater risk, but more profit, and to me that makes it thrilling. The EF can provide food and resources. If they go to the world made for risk and greater gain, then they need to be prepared to face the risk, and not only expect the gain.

NiNi

MooCat
Nobody has said "spark leave the server" but it has been implied to a group of people that I am a part of. If someone said "if you want to build, go to a build server" would that not be aimed at people like Bode, Draco, Heer, Naelwyn, anyone else who builds?
I think your missing the point a little.

Just think of it the way i do though. Eventually people will just stop going there. And then the whole banditry business will die out. I'm not saying don't do it, just maybe its worth looking into a few alternatives.

To be honest, i've stopped caring about bandits, unless they're breaking the rules. The eastern frontier is a waste of time for mining in my opinion, but i go mining early, before the RP time arrives. And the same for the bandits.

Its no bother for me. Don't like bandits, wait it out, or get past them somehow.

OR don't take anything with you. There's tonnes of solutions here. Its just down to the person.

This thread should probably be locked... There's a few of these, and its just going in circles.

Its just players hating bandits, and bandits are defending what they do. Nothings gonna change.

CrisThePsycho

Loyal Servant of Altera
If it's an issue they probably shouldn't be locked it doesn't really solve much by trying to silence the arguments if it's an issue it should probably be addressed. Albeit they do tend to get out of hand that's to be expected, it's a heated subject. People get angry when they die other get angry when people complain it's bound to create tension and anger. However, to just ignore the problem solves nothing and could eventually lead to more anger and more tension until things just explode and people do end up leaving from it. Being relatively new to the server I realize this might not have much impact but I do believe that the southern wilds having pvp is a wonderfull idea. If there were no pvp anywhere it would slightly take away from the overall Rp experience. I'm sure Itzza could come up with some amazing way to explain the no fighting thing yet it would not be too enjoyable seeing as there would really be no danger. Aside from the odd sneaky creeper or ambush of skeletons what would there be too actually cause danger? It seems like the people arguing against pvp are those looking for a mostly creative server where you rp and if so why not tell those people to leave for a creative server? Idk, so far I do enjoy the nice balance of both and find it slightly frustrating people get so heated knowing full and well what they are in for when they join the server.

NiNi

MooCat
This is a problem easily solved by the players. Its literally just, find your own solution to it.

I have mine. Problem solved for me.

We don't need a Hate discussion about this. Were supposed to be a friendly community, not a bunch of rebels at war.

Status
Not open for further replies.