Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Bandits that don't toll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markisbeest

Lord of Altera
How about you contact the bandits in a safe place (Northern Kingdoms) if you want to discuss a safe passage.
Also, how about the term Raiders, huh? They didn't care for stopping anyone to ask for a toll.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
I'm going to be "the big bad admin" and actually agree with Spark here. At the end of the day it is a near lawless world where there are greater rewards, but only because there are greater risks. As broken and boring as it is Combat (PvP and PvE) is an integral part of the game and we will continue to support it as long as there are people who want it.

Sure, the EF rewards are negligible, but that's because the only risk there is some braindead AI that may as well walk into a pit of lava, they arent going to kill you unless you jump off a cliff first or something. I do agree that it would be preferable for bandits to roleplay, but sometimes people just want to kickback and swing some swords, if you don't like that, there are the portals to the NK and the EF.

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
I'm going to be "the big bad admin" and actually agree with Spark here.

<more awesome stuff>

I do agree that it would be preferable for bandits to roleplay, but sometimes people just want to kickback and swing some swords, if you don't like that, there are the portals to the NK and the EF.
Itzza, don't move, I'm coming over there to hug you.

matyio

The original mute
Well I can see this has become a thread for expressing your opinion but please remember, originally this thread was made to say that I would just refer to any bandit who didnt toll as a murderer, because bandits, thieves and raiders all realised something, there's no point killing anything but the competition. For example you wouldn't kill young pigs for their meat when they could grow up, breed, and get far more meat on them.

Spark

Broken
matyio said:
Well I can see this has become a thread for expressing your opinion but please remember, originally this thread was made to say that I would just refer to any bandit who didnt toll as a murderer, because bandits, thieves and raiders all realised something, there's no point killing anything but the competition. For example you wouldn't kill young pigs for their meat when they could grow up, breed, and get far more meat on them.
Actually pigs are killed young.

Fun fact! ...

matyio

The original mute
Perhaps you bandits should learn how to be stealthy then, I can track many a player for hours without being spotted.

hshotwell

Lord of Altera
The problem with racking is the stupid instant /home (it should be delayed just like /spawn, then I would stalk)
As for rping, I try to rp ask for tolls, but when they start sprinting before I finish typing, what else am I suposed to do besides murder them? And yes, I prefer the title murderer, more dramatic, but I try to RP in SW as much as possible.

snipero1

Lord of Altera
Hotwell you do have a point, my belief is that a bandit cannot just go in for the kill straightaway and the miner can't run either until the rp is resolved, then they can do whatever. The /home is a bit stupid in the SW because as sonn as they see a bandit/home is there to escape.

Jeroxia

We demons of our solemn hour
Good
There seems to be only one option...
Agreeing with ninja
Then make sure the bandits are going to rp kill us
If a player does not want to take the risk of losing diamond.. Then just dont take it with you..
Also.. It's a medieval server... Bandits are supposed to be disliked so they are doing a fine job now
Then if you get killed accept it like a MAN/WOMAN and don't whine
After that... Maybe even we can get along

Kingsmill77

Villager
bit off topic, but if your a bandit and you get sick and tired of the people sprinting off without letting you type your opening statement, "STAND AND DELIVER" or something else suitable. There are many nifty programs that will bind the message to a hot key. With the one I use (quick typer) I can have really long winded statements laid down in a heartbeat and because they weren't thought up in the heat of the moment they are grammatically correct and very dramatic, genius.

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
You want me to . . . talk to you before I kill you? I don't think so, if there is one sure fire way of letting a kill run away from you it's trying to talk to the little worm first. Bandit? Murderer? I honestly don't care what title is placed upon me. My house doesn't kill for profit anyway. We're already quite wealthy. Honestly, we just like to kill.

If you don't like being killed over and over in the same spot, try expanding what I like to call the "Viable PvP Zone" or the zone in SW in which /home is disabled. The reason "murderers" camp spawn is because that's the only /viable/ place to get a kill. Anywhere /home is enabled is basically a non-pvp zone. Just /home and your safe and sound. The SW has PvP enabled, yes, but its is geared toward player safety to an incredible degree. Honestly, if I went to the SW to be a collector I would never be killed by anyone. EVER. It's just so easy to get away from anyone.

Now, if you would like me to take a toll, I may consider creating a new House. I'll name it something like "PROTECTION FEE". And if you would like to remain safe from me and my brethren, then simply pay your tax each day. I like the sound of that, don't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.