Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Bandits that don't toll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeroxia

We demons of our solemn hour
Good
Maybe just maybe... Let the bandits do what they like .. And see what happens
If it does get out of control.. Ask them to behave a little

matyio

The original mute
You know, I might as well go and find the hardest substance on the planet and then head but it. I mean this entire thread became a big discussion that was only vaguely on topic. If you want to just kill in the sw, don't call yourself a bandit, cause you aren't. A bandit is someone who takes valuables at sword/gun point, and for bandits who don't want to type because it'll "take too long" get a macro program and program it with what you want to say. That's not cheating.

Spark

Broken
matyio said:
I'm fine if what they call themselves has no effect on how they should act. If they don't act correctly then that annoys me.
What is the correct way to act?

matyio

The original mute
Well then if you want to go round killing miners, call yourselves a band of murderers. Bandits were actually more civilised and in some cases, looked down on murderers.

Yoda

Lord of Altera
This has been going on for too long now. It's obvious that we can't do anything to stop bandits from being murderers directly, due to the status quo. Sure, everyone wants it to incorporate a little RP, but sometimes people just won't be able to because their victim has ran away.

Personally, I think that this thread(and the other, similar thread) should be closed, and instead how a thread for the SW with actual ideas, instead of everyone bickering. That way, no-one gets angry and starts a war with someone. (not mentioning any names)

For an example of an idea for the SW, how about one I thought of earlier. Y'know, with the chests every now and again, like MineZ(I think). That way, it allows for reward without killing people, and to be able to adventure. And maybe for a little extra, having the chests only appear at night. That would make it challenging and fun, and no-one would argue. After the chests have been looted, they could be reset in different random locations(all over the SW, not just in Protaras), and different loot in the new chests.

It may be seen as a bit off topic, but I just think it's a good way to stop you all bickering.

matyio

The original mute
I agree with yoda, it's a shame that the bandits as a whole can't sit back for a second, do a bit of research themselves and realise that they aren't really bandits, but petty murderers who see something shiny and kill for it.

Spark

Broken
matyio said:
I agree with yoda, it's a shame that the bandits as a whole can't sit back for a second, do a bit of research themselves and realise that they aren't really bandits, but petty murderers who see something shiny and kill for it.
It's a shame you fail to realise that bandits are murderers. There isn't really a name for what the "bandits" are. I guess outlaws is a close description but unless someone decides to call them to court for their crimes(hint, hint), this name is invalid.

The server has used the name bandit for any killer in the wilds for as long as I can remember, this is Altera not Earth, therefore the name is perfectly valid and this entire argument is just petty crap. Does it really matter?

People go to the southern wilds to gather resources, not to RP.

matyio

The original mute
It's a shame you fail to realise that bandits are murderers. There isn't really a name for what the "bandits" are. I guess outlaws is a close description but unless someone decides to call them to court for their crimes(hint, hint), this name is invalid.

The server has used the name bandit for any killer in the wilds for as long as I can remember, this is Altera not Earth, therefore the name is perfectly valid and this entire argument is just petty crap. Does it really matter?

People go to the southern wilds to gather resources, not to RP.
Well bloody shoot me, this wasn't what this goddamn thread was made for in the first place, and all I seem to have got recently for making is hate, hate, and ooh, more hate. I might as well just quite hollowworld because I seem to have made more enemies with one thread than I have friends.

Camicaxe

Lord of Altera
To be honest, if you want to PvP, go to a PvP server. This server is about role playing.

In my eyes, bandits are lazy. The rest of us mine, vote and work for our money.
This is why I lost my interest. It's because the server is about roleplaying, but most of you work for money/PvP just to get more items to work more/ PvP more, until to the point where you own a city. It's more of a factions server, rather than just RP server, unfortunately.

EDIT: This is also why many new players are seen to leave after their first week, they hope to find some serious RP but infact they see mostly players who money-grind, and they struggle to find the few players who actually try to RP.

EDIT 2: I don't mean that there's no RP at all, what I mean is that the primary objective doesn't seem to be RP.

Camicaxe

Lord of Altera
Which is one of the reasons I got the idea in the suggestions thread made by madyson. If we're going to talk about that, we should go there.
I'm afraid I don't need to discuss any more about this. I believe my opinion will not change, for it has been my opinion for 2 months, which went to the point of me leaving.

Sorry for derailing, please feel free to continue the original topic, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.