Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Bandits that don't toll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spark

Broken
matyio said:
Lock this bloody thread itzza, spark is obviously not going to listen to what I'm trying to say.
Agreed, locking is a good idea. I am listening, I just don't agree.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
I've been watching with keen interest, and trying to discern some sort of compromise to suit both parties.

On one hand, you've got people saying that Bandits need to roleplay their job more, and that killing without it makes it just petty murder.

On the other hand, you've got people saying that it is impossible to roleplay banditry properly without compromising a possible kill and that the Southern Wilds isn't for roleplay anyway.

From what i've seen so far, the macro option seems to be the best so far, throw in that little bit of roleplay without compromsing the competition/chase of the kill. If they want to roleplay, they'll stay and reply. If they don't and try to escape, you wont be far behind.

To be truly honest, the Southern Wilds is a competitive world, and as great as it would be we don't expect much roleplay there. If anyone has ever played Runescape, I enjoy roleplaying on there, the only issue is when you use items that enhance the roleplay you are trying to convey, you generally put yourself at a massive disadvantage in combat, and therefore will find it difficult to roleplay effectively. I see the same issue in the Southern Wilds, because despite the possibilities, people who make a living out of the wilds will not compromise that living for roleplay since it will put them at such a disadvantage there is no point trying.

I'm going to look around and see if there is something that could help with this situation, but in the mean time i'd ask that anyone willing would download some sort of safe macro programme and attempt to roleplay occasioanlly, see how it goes.

sneaky_ninja_66

Sorrows Warrior
Honestly, I think it would bolster RP all over the server if bandits would incorporate more RP to their acts. Firstly, it'll give a name to these would-be robbers and killers. There may be a nobility house dedicated to banditry/killing, but honestly... who really knows it? Only those who actually read those threads in the nobility section of the Census, and that's not many people. So probably to most who venture into the SW - mainly those who're complaining, the bandits are nothing but PvPer's with no regards to any sort of RP. Don't get me wrong, PvP is fine; it's what gives the SW its risk. But wouldn't it be more entertaining for both sides if some kind of roleplaying factor was added?

Secondly, the macro software that's been mentioned here several times would immensely help with incorporating RP into banditry. It shouldn't be hard to find a safe program to download, bind your uber-snazzy catchphrase or what-have-you to a hotkey, then bandit away in the SW. Also, as previously stated, if your prey runs away after you've given your phrase, you'll be hot on their heels since it's only pressing 1 button. If you can't be bothered to do this, then you really are lazy.

Thirdly, for those who survive their encounter with the bandits, there could be even more RP involving the NK. Crazy stuff, right? RP? About bandits!? In the NK!?? 'Tis madness! No. No, it's not. How, you ask, can there be RP in the main world about bandits in the SW? Simple! Those who survive can go to their town authority(ies) and ask them to deal with the bandits in the SW. Perhaps not a war, but every week or so, there could be a mini-event for a group of soldiers/mercenaries to fight the bandits. Sounds kinda interesting, aye? Not only would there be a better outlook on bandits in OOC, but it'd give something else to do against the bandits. Sorta like, the remnant bandits from Protaras, or something like that... I dunno. I'm just throwing around ideas that pop into my head about this.

My 2 cents on this subject. Take it for what you will.

matyio

The original mute
Unfortunately it seems bandits don't want to be reasonable and try and find a compromise.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Well considering a couple of bandits liked my post I think they may be more willing than you give them credit for.

matyio

The original mute
Really? Because they haven't showed it in their posts. If they are, then they should try and be resonable.

Yoda

Lord of Altera
It may just have been because your points are reasonably neutral(not against them) in comparison to everyone dissing them.(no offence itzza :p )

Bloodwyvern13

Loyal Servant of Altera
As I said in my earlier post, I think it just comes down to people putting an effort in on both sides, if the regular RPers agree that they are willing to RP with the bandits (and risk loosing some of their stuff through it without complaining) and the bandits agree that they are willing to RP the banditry in some way, then both sides are happy (or at least equally unhappy) and the problems disappear, it's the only fair compromise In my opinion.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
As I said in my earlier post, I think it just comes down to people putting an effort in on both sides, if the regular RPers agree that they are willing to RP with the bandits (and risk loosing some of their stuff through it without complaining) and the bandits agree that they are willing to RP the banditry in some way, then both sides are happy (or at least equally unhappy) and the problems disappear, it's the only fair compromise In my opinion.
You're telling me that people will willingly compromise the things they earnt from 2 hours + of mining for the sake of roleplay? I think not.

Also, who locked the thread? We were starting to get some good ideas :confused:

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Pissed Legion is pissed.

IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO PVP, DO NOT GO TO THE SOUTHERN WILDS.
THERE ARE NO IFS ANDS OR BUTS.
DEAL WITH IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.