Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Beta/Alpha testers/game designers.

bettymorlock

Queen/I build cyber weapons dnt mess with me♥
game.png
Hey guys,

I know it's been a While, but I thought I would throw this up here and see how it would do and to see if anyone was interested in helping me out. Me, my hubby, and My good friend thepopeisgod are developing a new java based game. We may even put it out for android and/or the iphone as well. It is an old school top down rpg.

Here is a link to My Alpha 1.4.5 version of the game.
http://thepopeisgod.com/
If the game takes forever to load its because the music was written using midi and an 8bit conversion software. the output files are rather big. srry

Tell me what you guys think.
Any buggs you see..
Any improvements needed?

Want to help in development?

Want to become an NPC....?
All you need to do is fill out this application.(copy pasta)

Code:
Name:

Character Name (no numbers and needs to be a name that sounds good):

Are you willing to at least play the game a bit and help out with development..?(no exp. needed) :

Skin (need full 360 view or the actual skin file):
Anyone that helps with game development or is a member of the admin team get first priority, but the final decision is up to me.
**You do not have to be part of the team to get a NPC character. Once Thepopeisgod starts making them I will post final projects here.

What I need:

PENDING:
Atkrye: code

Testers:
Teh8th
Bewpy
JustShadow
DarkWolf
roopot
Space3045

Apprenticeship:
Karasu1996

Music composers:
Betty

Coders:
Betty
Thepopeisgod

2d graphics:
Thepopeisgod

Level design:
Betty
Thepopeisgod

Dialog artist:
KC

Story team:
KC
Betty
Thepopeisgod

Speical thanks (ppl that have contributed along the way with ideas/concepts):
Bewpy

Do you want to be more then just a tester....?

If any of you are interested just reply here. I try my best to keep this updated as much as possible, and keep our site linked version as current as possible.

~thank you
Betty ;)

BUGS:

*need to figure out collision bugs. Actor to actor collision is completely broken. (temp fix with invisible collision floor tiles.) [betty] [wip]

*walking off the map just after a scene change [bewpy][adding delay]{fixed}

*Random invisible collisions with floor. [just shadow] [ongoing issue but easy to fix.]

WIP:

Make new character models

Make new names for characters.

Get settles with one story line that we can agree on.

Rename game

Think of town/land/city/region/area names

Fix sword graphic glitches when moving and stopping in mid swing.

*Set up website for upload so we can share work.

LethalTerror77

Villager
Betty,

I would love to help out anyway I can. I am currently 3/4 of the way through my Bachelors in Application Development. I have beginner to intermediate knowledge in Java programming. So I can help out with any coding you need or even any testing of the code. Really I am up for anything.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
I'd be honoured to help with this in any way I can. My coding is pretty much non existant but I've been told i'm pretty good at story and character writing. Either way i'd love to help test your game.

bettymorlock

Sweet guys, Well like I posted above the game currently as it stands has been uploaded to our website.
http://thepopeisgod.com/

If you want to help with the actual development of the game you can pm me your email and I will send you the stencyl folder so you can hop in start. you will have to get stencyl ( The engine we are using)( http://www.stencyl.com/stencyl/get/ ) and probably want to get on ts with me or my main partner kc. That way we can give you a heads up on what ideas we have so far and maybe talk a bit about ideas and things.

You can post any buggs and or ideas here as well I get updates on my phone so I will try and respond as quickly as possible. I may work on our site a bit to make this a bit easier to keep together.

Thank you guys and I look forward to working with you guys.
~betty

ps. controls are:
arrow keys to move
wasd to attack (out side of town)
x to talk to NPC's

bettymorlock

Betty,

I would love to help out anyway I can. I am currently 3/4 of the way through my Bachelors in Application Development. I have beginner to intermediate knowledge in Java programming. So I can help out with any coding you need or even any testing of the code. Really I am up for anything.

Sweet I need help in that field the most. Any programming knowledge is very helpful. I must tell you that This is actually not being written in java, but flash/html 5. My original idea was to write this in java, but after finding out that everyone on my team sucks at java I chose flash and later stencyl.

Java is similar enough for you to help though and I would love to see what you have to say about some of the things I have so far.

bewpy

Loyal Servant of Altera
a bug i found was that going in and out of your house too quickly will make your character dissapear
also happens with any place you can enter/leave

JustShadow

Zalenfal Guardian
but flash/html 5. My original idea was to write this in java, but after finding out that everyone on my team sucks at java I chose flash and later stencyl.
Flash? As in, with actionscript?
Also, there's some sort of invisible object in the player's house (I assume it to be that, anyway), which stops you from moving in that direction. It's around the middle.

Karasu1996

Lord of Altera
Hm...I would gladly help with the Storyline Betty, Im going to be learning Java in September (when school starts) as a class so I can help with that then :)

bettymorlock

a bug i found was that going in and out of your house too quickly will make your character dissapear
also happens with any place you can enter/leave
hmmn maybe Ill set a delay before you can more when it changes scenes. ty

bettymorlock

Flash? As in, with actionscript?
Also, there's some sort of invisible object in the player's house (I assume it to be that, anyway), which stops you from moving in that direction. It's around the middle.
haha ya that was actually the result of temp fixing the other bug. it is an invisible collision tile. If you look at the other house with the girl in it and compare it to your house it on the same tile she is standing on. Thats because I basicly just copy and pasted it and then moved things around. ty though.

bettymorlock

I can help with play testing.

I also should beable to help with midi music.
yeah I would love more help with music. So far I am the only one that even knows how to use tuxguitar. I think KC (thepopeisgod) is going to be hanging around ts here and there. I will be to but you guys all know my busy schedule haha.

bettymorlock

go onto http://www.nosoapradio.us/ thats where I got my music for my test run
nice and its all under creative commons ty.

also if you are getting any error when you are testing or exporting a game. it is most likely the music. stencyl is very particular about there music. I suggest audacity with Lame to edit the music files. If you need I can walk you through it.

Karasu1996

Lord of Altera
nice and its all under creative commons ty.

also if you are getting any error when you are testing or exporting a game. it is most likely the music. stencyl is very particular about there music. I suggest audacity with Lame to edit the music files. If you need I can walk you through it.
pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaasssssssseeee!!!!

I have audacity, but I have no idea what "Lame" is ._.