Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Beta/Alpha testers/game designers.

bettymorlock

Queen/I build cyber weapons dnt mess with me♥
**update 1.4.3 fixed scene transition problems. Still need to lower the transition time by a little bit but it works for now. Also currently trying to fix actor to actor collisions if anyone has any ideas pls post them down below. The invisible tile thing seems to break the game periodically and I cant really add moving npc's/monsters back into the game intell I get it fixed. It just causes to many problems.

bettymorlock

Nothing, I just saved my files like I normally did, like this morning, and I came back to find nothing not even my actors or behaviors... ._.
that is very odd. I have never had that happen before. One thing you can do is export before leaving that way you have another copy of the game.

bettymorlock

**update 1.4.5 added new attack system. Still have old one if you prefer it. You can now hit "z" and attack in the direction you are already facing.
Also fixed the standing on house thing space3045 showed me.

What attack system do you guys like better. Exclude and glitchy sword spawning in that opinion Im working on that. It only really happens when you spazz out the arrow keys while attacking. Also I am glad that none of you mentioned the fact that you can hit the old lady and make her fly across the map. You all have good morals. I like that. haha

bettymorlock

Ok I finally updated the team info. I added everyone that has contributed so far. If I have missed anyone pls pls reply below or pm me.

Thank you guys sooooo much so far.

Also I am currently having issues getting ideas for character models.
So if you guys would maybe like to see your character in the game upload a copy of your minecraft skin (a pic is ok as well, but I prefer the real file for your skin so I can get all the details.)

I may not use them all if I get too many replys, So the ppl that help out with the game get first priority. Also If you are part of the Hollowworld Admin/mod team You get first priority( I still love you guys ;)

ty guys I love you all
~betty

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Get settles with one story line that we can agree on.

Rename game

Think of town/land/city/region/area names

This sounds right up my street *flexes hands*

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
If I am to help with music then the story line will have to be kinda sorted out, but I have started a couple of test pieces.

bettymorlock

Get settles with one story line that we can agree on.

Rename game

Think of town/land/city/region/area names

This sounds right up my street *flexes hands*
Yeah if you want to start shooting me ideas that would be great. I need to get pope here so he can talk to you he is kinda the man behind the story line. hence the current title of the game haha.

bettymorlock

If I am to help with music then the story line will have to be kinda sorted out, but I have started a couple of test pieces.
Sweet, I could always use more music Im not good at writing music so it takes me forever. Also I prefer 8-bit music if you can. The MIDI to 8bit converter I use Ill attach to this post. Just make sure there aren't too many super high notes or super low notes. They don't sound good in 8-bit. Also you can mess with the interments to get a better sound for the conversion. (Im assuming you know nothing of 8-bit conversion so sorry if I either sound dumb or telling you stuff you already know)

:heart: you ;)

Attachments

bettymorlock

Pope just emailed me the first NPC made for the hollowworld community. Can you guys guess who it is...?

Its kinda small just zoom in a bit. Ill put her in game soon just to see how the animations play out. bewpy.png

I may have him lighten it up a bit the hair seams a bit too red to me but its up to her.

bewpy

Loyal Servant of Altera
OH MY GOSH IT'S ADORABLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE *SCREAMS* IT'S SO LOVELY AND CUTE AND OH GOSH WOW

bettymorlock

OH MY GOSH IT'S ADORABLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE *SCREAMS* IT'S SO LOVELY AND CUTE AND OH GOSH WOW
Haha He is probebly glad you like it. He had to play about a 1/2 hr of little mermaid for the NES to get any ideas on how to make a mermaid. haha I love that game ;)

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Yeah if you want to start shooting me ideas that would be great. I need to get pope here so he can talk to you he is kinda the man behind the story line. hence the current title of the game haha.
If you know anything at all as to what sort of direction this is going in i'll gladly start as soon as possible. Of course it doesn't help that I haven't actually played it yet :p

On another note, I've been mucking around in Stencyl and I think it's actually simple enough for even me to use! (think being the key word here). I'd love to help out on some form of combat system, and playing the game would probably answer this for me, but would you want combat real time or turn based?

bettymorlock

If you know anything at all as to what sort of direction this is going in i'll gladly start as soon as possible. Of course it doesn't help that I haven't actually played it yet :p

On another note, I've been mucking around in Stencyl and I think it's actually simple enough for even me to use! (think being the key word here). I'd love to help out on some form of combat system, and playing the game would probably answer this for me, but would you want combat real time or turn based?
Well there are a few things I want to address. First off, although stencyl is very simple anything related to rpg's is extremely neglected. That is why we have had to put sooo much work into the game soo far. I am not saying that you wouldn't be able to do it by your-self but it really is best to start on a team. Stencyle is still very young and the creators have a lot to learn still. lets just say it can get very very frustrating at times. especially with this type of game.

If you want to learn how to code the "easy way" take a look at there site. it is pretty simple, but It has a lot of limitations. Also I am currently looking at real combat rather than turn based, but if I can't get the dumb collisions to work correctly I may have to resort to a turn based system like pokemon or something.

Also try the game out it will only take like 2 mins to walk through the intire game atm.

http://thepopeisgod.com/

bewpy

Loyal Servant of Altera
ok well i played the game and whenever i try to talk to someone, their chatbox doesnt show up, but i showed it to someone else and they said it showed up for them so it might be just me. hmmmm