Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Beta/Alpha testers/game designers.

bettymorlock

Queen/I build cyber weapons dnt mess with me♥
lame is the mp3 encoder you need to export to mp3. audacity doesn't support mp3 out of the box dumb licensing thing. It is easy to get though. Go to http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/windows and download it under other. if you have a mac or linux just click it on the left bar.

Then open up audacity and go to "edit" then "properties"

Go to "Libraries" and click locate mp3 encoder. Then just chose the .dll file you downloaded.

Also to get the music file to work with the engine.:

in "properties" go to "Quality" and change the sample rate to "44100hz" and the default sample format to "16-bits".

Then when you export the file as a mp3 you "NEED" to make sure that the metadata (album/artist info) is "BLANK".

Hope that helps.
Also it may not sound as good after doing that so keep that in mind as well.

~betty

Sassy

Lord of Altera
Legend
SewSassy
SewSassy
Legend
I would LOVE to test this out!
Also, make sure to throw a creepy-wolf or Elf in there, and name him Azerath. ;3

Karasu1996

Lord of Altera
lame is the mp3 encoder you need to export to mp3. audacity doesn't support mp3 out of the box dumb licensing thing. It is easy to get though. Go to http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/windows and download it under other. if you have a mac or linux just click it on the left bar.

Then open up audacity and go to "edit" then "properties"

Go to "Libraries" and click locate mp3 encoder. Then just chose the .dll file you downloaded.

Also to get the music file to work with the engine.:

in "properties" go to "Quality" and change the sample rate to "44100hz" and the default sample format to "16-bits".

Then when you export the file as a mp3 you "NEED" to make sure that the metadata (album/artist info) is "BLANK".

Hope that helps.
Also it may not sound as good after doing that so keep that in mind as well.

~betty
Not sure how to do that, everything else was easy, oh and in the newer version of audacity its called preferences or Ctrl+P to open "properties" which is Preferences. :)

EDIT: Done, I got it to work, though it still wont let me export it :I Is there some kind of process?

bettymorlock

well stencyl is super picky. if you are still getting errors i would delete "all" of your music then only include once that are modified through audacity. Basically if you have a file in your game (regardless of whether or not you actually are using it) it is included in the final project (aka when you export the game all the behaviors and music and tiles and such are all included even if you never actually put them into one of your levels)

bettymorlock

This is really fun to play, and explore! Thanks alot, Betty! I look forward to future updates! ;D
thank you. me and the team are working hard to keep stuff coming out. soon we should have the battle system down and maybe a new area.

Karasu1996

Lord of Altera
i have another question all the tile packs ive downloaded have strange trees the trees themselves are fine its just rhe base where the grass is supposed to be is white, any wa to fix that?

bewpy

Loyal Servant of Altera
It's sooooooo cute! You should add a lake or ocean/beach area with mermaids and an old pirate ship you can explore!! :D

bettymorlock

i have another question all the tile packs ive downloaded have strange trees the trees themselves are fine its just rhe base where the grass is supposed to be is white, any wa to fix that?
you need to make a new layer.

on the bottom right you'll have a inventory layers table. select layers. you may have to add a new one. make sure the grass is on the bottom layer and then set the tree on the layer above it.

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
The girl out side the opening town (starting area) standing next to a house can be walked through then disapears after going into then out of the house.

edit: it appears that the gate closes to

atkrye

King of Quests
I'd love to hope code :) I'm a java bauss (If I say so myself :p), and I have a lot of history in java. I've created 2D collision systems before, so I can help solve any problem's you're having, and I also have a high level of understanding of Game Engines and RPG creating.. so if you're interested :)

bettymorlock

The girl out side the opening town (starting area) standing next to a house can be walked through then disapears after going into then out of the house.

edit: it appears that the gate closes to
haha. wow ty I forgot to change the other scene will upload fix soon

bettymorlock

I'd love to hope code :) I'm a java bauss (If I say so myself :p), and I have a lot of history in java. I've created 2D collision systems before, so I can help solve any problem's you're having, and I also have a high level of understanding of Game Engines and RPG creating.. so if you're interested :)
I actually need help with my player to player collisions I believe the problem is in my tile-based movement code. pm me a username and I can set you up with a username on my website to download everything you need.