Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

BO5508's Application [Approved - Niko]

BO5508

Loyal Servant of Altera
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
BO5508
2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
U.S.A.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yes I have gone through them.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
meta gaming is when you the person knows something that the character you ar e playing doesn't know but you still use that information in the rp.

power gaming is when you do something that keeps the other role-player from reacting to the action like running up to hit someone and hitting that person in the same move or it could be something that makes you invulnerable like saying you are surrounded by bodyguards in full armor and always ready to make sure your character can't get attacked.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No this is not allowed on the server.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
223Hero7

8. Tell us about yourself!
I do boxing in real life as a side activity. My favorite game is Fallout 4 because you get to explore a huge an open world with rich lore taking stuff from even the original in cannon game. I do lots of school group activities like music, diversity groups, a student leadership board, yearbook, and drama. Drama is actually is kind of what got me into rps like D&D and eventually branching out into different types of role-play. These are some of the hobbies and things I like to do by choice mostly due to how much free time I have. Then finally fun fact about me I did a dare when I was 5 to eat a bowl of ketchup.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
N/A

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I was not referred I found this through the Minecraft forum.

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
  • Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.
Character Name:
Valstorm Albarad

Character Age:

Character Race:
Silver Elf

Appearance:
(We just want to make sure things like hair color, eye color, skin color, and clothing is all fitting for the setting/lore we have.)
Height-6'1"
Hair Color-brown/black
eye color-silver
slightly pigmented pale white

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
(Attach a picture here if you have one. If you don't have an image, that's fine. Just make sure you describe it well in the appearance section.)

Written Test!
(This is where you tell us a story of your choosing! Be creative. It should be 400 words minimum and use the character you've created above. This is what we use to judge your ability as a roleplayer. Show us how much you've learned by reading our guides and lore. Include anything you think will impress us!)

Scenario- Me and 2 mercenaries are about to enter a populated city but are approached by a guard.

Guard-"State your buisiness"

Me/Valstorm-*flashes some gold"listen bud I just need to talk to my pals in the city. Now if you want me high profile elf wait out here and tell my superiors of this occurrence then so be it"

Merc 1 and 2-*snarl*"our client here would like to enter and we must assure his arrival so move or we must make you move"

Guard-"Fine. You shall be permitted access into the city but I will be putting you under watch until we are sure of your intent if you are lying then we will remove you by force"

Group then walks past the guard and enters the thriving community. They look on and see market stalls and pubs. Then across the way they see The Hardlock. The Hardlock is one of the most famous pubs of all time but this group wasn't looking for some cold brew at least valstorm wasn't but they did enter the pub and spotted there subject and approached him.

Man-"Hello cretins what you need cause I don't got it"

Valstorm-""we are here to ask a service for I fear there is a great threat coming to us"

Man-"heard this story 100 times. Do you wanna know what happens...nothing its all in your head"

Valstorm-"ok if you won't help for the greater good you will help for some radiant right noone can pass some easy radiant right"

Man-*man looks intrigued*"How much"

valstorm-*gives some radiant*"Is that enough"*cocks a big grin*

man-"well seems we got a mighty fine deal on our hands"

valstorm-"now that that is done what is the next step"

man-"we will head out tomorrow I will contact some friends for resources in the meantime try some brew get in a fight and rest"

the man then disappears into the crowd of people in the pub valstorm and the mercs find a quiet tavern and get ready to bunk in but then....

Town Guard-"Open this door immediately or we will need to break this door down!"

The 3 people jump out the window of the room and go barreling down the street they then dive into an alley by the Hardlock Inn they wait till a massive crowd of armed guards pass and make there way to the gate. There waiting for them is the man from the bar with packed horses.

man-"meatheads you coming"

valstorm-*saddles a horse*"set course for home boys"

they all go riding off into the night not knowing of anything to come in the future.

Last edited:

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Hello there, thank you for taking the time and effort to make an application to Hollowworld. Before we continue, there are some issues with your application that must be addressed.

- Your power gaming definition is a bit vague. In the Roleplay Survival Guide, there is our server's definition of power gaming complete with examples in Roleplay.

- Your written test has your character hand 10 pounds of gold to a character in the scenario. We ask that characters start off with basic equipment and starting wealth and 10 pounds of gold is worth 187,971.95 US dollars in our time.

Again, thank you for taking the time and effort to apply to the server and I look forward to reading over your application once more.

BO5508

Loyal Servant of Altera
power gaming-powergaming is doing something without giving the other roleplayer time to respond like running up for a hit and hitting in the same turn or it could also be a way to make your character untouchable like by having your character surrounded by guards who are ready to fight at any moment. Doing these things is against the rules because abuse of these can leave your fellow roleplayers without any roleplaying opportunities.

Also I read over my mistake in the test and I don't know how to directly put it in but I would give him 20 radiants due to the rush of my character.

I hope these changes are what you were looking for.

Last edited:

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Those are good changes but I need you to directly edit your application and put them in. At the lower left of every post you make there are three options "Edit" "Delete" and "Report" in that order. Hit the edit button and make the changes from there.

BO5508

Loyal Servant of Altera
I have added the changes to the test and the power gaming question into the the application

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guideonce you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
I have logged on and it still says I am a vanished
I even restarted Minecraft
It should take one second for your username to be updated with the correct permissions. Don't worry, you'll be able to come on soon.

BO5508

Loyal Servant of Altera
I know it feels like I am rushing this but I turned Minecraft off for 45 minutes and it still tells me I am a vanished this will be my last message because I do not want to come off as too impatient.

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
It's all good dude. Try now, if it's still not working then feel free to contact a staff member and they'll get it sorted out.