Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

CALLING ALL ARTISTS

Evan1114

Lord of Altera
Cc-
I didn't try very hard, as it was a simple sketch.
It was done with GIMP, and I do not currently own a tablet, so the quality isn't the best.
I didn't really time myself... But I'm sure it took a bit more than 20 minutes.
This was done while listening to this.
Very amateur, I know.. But I had suddenly gotten the idea to try sketching while listening to music...
(Might try pencil & paper next time...)
So yes, this was simply created from my brain vomiting lines from the intense bass drops~

LINK~

The Artist

Lord of Altera
coolblox
contrary to what you said about it being "very amateur" you really did make what is my opinion a great freaking piece! it has good balance and flow. by sticking with the monochrome black red and white you're almost guaranteed a winner. There is a reason that nazi's, us marines, and englands royal army all use this color scheme for their dress uniforms: it looks badass (not endorsing any of the aforementioned groups but rather their tailors). The line quality really captures the aggression of the music and the various line weights keep it from getting boring. all in all I say you made an image full of win. the way it moves your eye is working really well too. the only thing you may try is adding a bit of texture by adding a layer of a close up of concrete or rusting metal or something, desaturating it, changing the layer mode to multiply and dropping the opacity to a low enough level that it is not distracting. If you look at my profile pic the background was achieved using this method.

dacoutts

Lord of Altera
CC

image.jpg

I'd just started on the lines when my timer went off-
When you're criticising please try to ignore the messiness of my sketches xD

Woohoo, might do more of this drawing in the future.

Minty

Lord of Altera
AshenWanderer
AshenWanderer
I believe I posted this earlier on in the Artwork section and didn't get very much criticism from the OP.​
I was told that the style was rather chaotic, and I agree with them. However I feel that's the reason behind it, I wanted it to feel chaotic.​
So-​
CC​
sddefault[1].jpg
Hooray for fine-tip pens and good ol' wide rule~ x_x​

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
by sticking with the monochrome black red and white you're almost guaranteed a winner. There is a reason that nazi's, us marines, and englands royal army all use this color scheme for their dress uniforms: it looks badass (not endorsing any of the aforementioned groups but rather their tailors)..
AFK five minutes-
Busy howling with freaking laughter-

The Artist

Lord of Altera
CC
... might do more of this drawing in the future.

please do! I think that you are off to a great start, dont worry about the sketchyness of it or anything like that as it is only a 20 min exercise.

I was told that the style was rather chaotic, and I agree with them. However I feel that's the reason behind it, I wanted it to feel chaotic.​
I dont get the chaotic vibe so much but I think that is because of the stance of the figure.
you seem to have a good grasp on anatomy and proportions so once that is down pat it is time to start working on interesting poses. I would also suggest drawing BIGGER to allow yourself to capture more detail, though of course there is only so much one can do in 20 min :) I always have respect for people who can draw in ink cause I sure as hell can't. all in all I think you did a great job especially considering the media.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Speed.png
Helmet. Helmet is bad. I like the armour, but the helmet looked so much cooler without any colour. And the supports for the wings. (Yes, the colouristics have a purpose, same as the wings. That purpose being my love to Polish Hussars >.>) But yeah, I fitted in within the 20 minute border... Just :p

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
There are far better sources to teach you, honestly :p

The guy that The Artist was kind enough to post the vid of seems to be using Photoshop judging by the brush use.

Deathmoron

Lord of Altera
Cc-
I didn't try very hard, as it was a simple sketch.
It was done with GIMP, and I do not currently own a tablet, so the quality isn't the best.
I didn't really time myself... But I'm sure it took a bit more than 20 minutes.
This was done while listening to this.
Very amateur, I know.. But I had suddenly gotten the idea to try sketching while listening to music...
(Might try pencil & paper next time...)
So yes, this was simply created from my brain vomiting lines from the intense bass drops~

LINK~
Better you self esteem! Now! >:I

The Living Ghost

Thing One
Retired Staff
I thought about it a bit and this was the first thing that came to mind...

20minutechallenge.png

Done in 20 minutes, including breaks for skype and messaging and whatnot :p