Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Civilization V

Ray1333

Lord of Altera
Allright, no one else was doing, so voila. Thread exists.

Anyone interested in playing, leave your Steam name. We'll organize some games, but I doubt I can host. My steam is Starray99, any random requests will be ignored.

If we ever use mods, it will probably just be the Ages series (which makes the tech tree stop advancing at a certain age, eg. letting you play in the Medieval Era for the full game, and still get spies and UN.)

Ray1333

Lord of Altera
Dutch-Farm-Thing OP
Spear men OP

Also, shoulda asked originally, make sure to list what expansions you have (G&K, BNW, or Vanilla)

Tomtomgags

Lord of Altera
Villager
Pronouns
They/Them
tomtomgags
tomtomgags
Villager
slowmoneo

All Expansions, no nation dlcs

Morroco instant win OP

Ray1333

Lord of Altera
Allright, let's plan a game. Factors:
Who wants to host?
Will we do random civs, or just ban certain OP civs like Morroco, or no restrictions?
How much RP do we want involved in international relations?

Last edited:

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
As a factor:
I want it to be full RP, but with no voice speaking. Only chat and private chat.

I heard something about a mod that stops it at medieval times. Yes please.
I do not know about banning different civs though.

I can't host.
My vote is that we can pick our own civs. If two or more people want the same civ, then we use chance to decide.
I think it would be fun to do a bit of RP with it, but how would that work?

Also, when would we play? What about things like types of victory, maps, barbarians, et cetera. It may be better to play lots of smaller matches rather than one big one. Perhaps a tournament?

Tomtomgags

Lord of Altera
Villager
Pronouns
They/Them
tomtomgags
tomtomgags
Villager
I prefer random, we've all perfected styles for our favorite civs, it just wouldn't be fun for a Morroco instant win or Japanese face stomps XD.
RP sounds fun.
Raging barbarians might also be fun.
No time or science victory. (Too easy to rush science victory)
I might also suggest a turn timer, there's no way to pause the timer for afk people though is there?
I'm fine with whenever, just not next Sunday.

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
I'm all for random civilizations and the elimination of the science victory, though not the elimination of the time victory (an un-timed game could take ages to complete).

I'm interested a bit by the RP, but as Antilogy said, how would that work? Civ V already has diplomatic relations as a core feature of the game; what further purpose would RP serve? If you mean to say we should RP as our civilizations would have historically, then I'm strongly against having RP included unless a Real World map is used. It doesn't make sense, to me, to RP historically if the world itself is drastically different in nature.

For the record, I'm in favor of random map generation, not a Real World map.

I'm also not in favor of the Medieval time stop. If we're going to play Civilization, let's start with a more classic game structure, shall we?