Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

CloakedReaper's Application [Approved - Ghost]

CloakedReaper

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Staff
About you

1) What is your MINECRAFT username?

CloakedReaper

2) How old are you?

3) Where are you?
United States

4) Have you read our guides yet?
Yes, I have.

5) Introduce yourself!
Hello there! My name is Brad, and I’m currently enrolled in college for a Fire Protection program. Essentially, I’m studying and training to become a firefighter, which can be spread out to other categories of Fire Protection, like your standard Structural Firefighter. Helping people has always been something that appealed strongly to me, so being able to pick a career that was so strongly based around it was a ‘no brainer’.

Moving along, I enjoy writing whenever I possibly can if I don’t have any other creative outlet, such as roleplay, available to me. When I’m not writing, or listening to rock music, or even doing both at the same time, I enjoy talking and getting to know people. If anyone ever wants to have a chat, send me a message.

6) Got any examples of your work?
I do enjoy writing, but I’d prefer not to share any of it. Sorry.

7) Did you explore our world prior to your application?
Nope. Sorry again. I've heard quite a bit about it from my friends, however, and they've given me some screenshots of the towns and some sights to see.

8) Referrer:
  • Asian_Thunder

• zXzMagiikzXz

• Cukie1

• Princess_Potato
----

About your character

Name: Jaden Seeker

Race: Human

Appearance:

Once a usually well-dressed and bright man, months of traveling and living out in the wilderness has reduced Jaden to a shabby, almost degenerated state. His obsidian-black cloak is obviously well worn with multiple tears and cuts scattered around the bottom of the garment. Inside of the cloak is thickly lined with a gray-white fur, providing quite a lot of warmth for it’s wearer. Underneath his long-long coat, his pants and shirt are in the same state, both garments sporting the same style of cuts and tears.

Strapped tightly to his face appears to be a featureless black mask. Metallic in structure with black-stained leather is wrapped neatly around it. Behind the mask, and underneath his clothes, Jaden’s body is heavily war-scarred, his natural pale skin tone occasionally peeking through the scar tissue. Cascading down the his mask, or face, are long locks of black hair.

---

The test

He stared quietly at the dream-like hazy reflection from the flowing river, his eyes meeting those of his reflection’s. It had been over six months since he left the charred remains of his old home behind, the corpses of his fallen friends buried in shallow graves. Six months since he began his work in the wilderness, and shrouded his face behind a mask.

Humming from behind his mask, Jaden absent mindedly picked one of the flowers that dotted the riverbanks, and began to twirl it around in his fingers. Behind him, the fire he had started crackled and cracked, the heat from the flames rising up to heat the small pot he had filled with the cool water from the nearby river. Tonight was one of the rare and far in between nights where he allowed himself a proper, roaring fire to boil water with. He was far away from any village that he didn’t risk being spotted.

With a half-glance over his shoulder, Jaden noted that the water had begun to boil with a small smile. Slowly rising, he finally looked down at the flower in his hand. At the sight of the thin red petals, a poppy flower, Jaden’s heart sank deep into his chest. He could feel his breath hitching in his chest, and beads of cold sweat beginning to seed across his body. Shifting his wide gray eyes from the poppy, he finally noticed the thriving patch of the red petal flowers that he had unknowingly sat by.

He smiled lightly, then pulled the mask carefully off his face as tears began to slowly make their crawl down his cheeks. After pouring the hot water into a cup, he began to gingerly sip at the bland drink, having no tea leaves or necessary herbs to create anything more than a hot drink. Instead of staring at the moon-lit reflections in the river, Jaden stared upwards at the great celestial body just above him. As if by reflex, he slipped the poppy into one of his cloak’s pockets, letting just the pistil stick out. After a while, he let his eyes drift across the sky, quietly whispering naming some of the constellations his Uncle had taught him during his childhood.

Six months ago, after he had returned, his battle and torture wounds mostly healed, Jaden had begun the long and heart-crushing task of burying the corpses of his friends, searching numbly through the burned ruins of his home. Maybe, he thought to himself, it was time for him to start focusing on the future instead of the past.

Last edited:

CloakedReaper

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Staff
Edited the last portion to match 400 words. Apologies, I completely forgot to check the word count at the end.

The Living Ghost

Thing One
Retired Staff
Perfect, thanks :)

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Altera survival guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands
How to create your character profile
How to find a town
Server Rules
How to use titles
Rules for Roleplay
How to use the forum
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.