Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Cloakedsphere [Approved - Cherry]

Should I be added? (NOTE FROM CHERRY: Please don't post pushy polls to your app!)

• Total voters

Cloakedsphere

Villager
About you
1) What is your MINECRAFT username?

Cloakedsphere

2) How old are you?

3) Where are you?

USA, Pacific North West

4) Have you read our guides yet?

Yes I have.

5) Introduce yourself!

Im not a normal 18 year old male. My name is Juanitas! Nah, I am kidding. My name is Jonathan but most people call me Jon or Cloaked. I spend most of my time playing video games ranging from every aspect from RTS, MMORPG's, MMO's, FPS's and many more games. Im a very passive-aggressive person when it comes to arguing and generally dislike blatant stupidity. I will make it known that I dislike you if you get on my bad sad. I tell it like it is. Not how people want to hear it. I swear a lot IRL. Thats 'bout it.

6) Got any examples of your work?

Uh... I did some art before and still do art pieces. I just dont do them as frequently. Here is a link to my deviantart. http://cloakedsphere.deviantart.com/

7) Did you explore our world prior to your application?

No. I dont wish to spoil my surprise and judge your server before applying.

8) Referrer: (Optional)

I have a few RL friends that play on this server... sadly I dont talk to them super often and I dont know their MC names. They are all kinda split into different cities and told me about this server nearly a year ago.

About your character
Name
:

Namastaii

Race:

Moor Elf

Appearance:

---

The test

Namastaii, born far north (even further than Riddleport) is one tall and broad elf. His father and mother were alcoholics before the idea of conceiving a child became a reality to them both. Fast forward 15 months and out pops Namastaii. His name is exactly the same as his fathers. Both of the parents lived out in the wilderness, north of Riddleport. His father spent most of his time learning how to blacksmith as Namastaii, his son watched from a safe distance. Once Namastaii became of an old enough age he was eager to pick up blacksmithing with his father and learn from his own fathers techniques and abilities.

A few years pass as him and his father practice making swords and tools so they may continue to live in the wilderness, staying completely independent off the outside resources. His mother on the other hand would consistently travel into the city. He wanted to visit the city some day but his father would always say no and his mother ignored his cries and pleas to go. Tensions began to grow between him and his parents and after a couple hundred years of living in the same house, he got fed up. He left the house during the night and went off to find the big city that he was in search of.

After leaving his home and heading in the direction he thought was correct, he became lost in the dense brush in the middle of the night. He looks for caves, low hanging tree's... just about anything you could find to use as a shelter for the night. After spending an hour searching for shelter, he resorted to huddling under a low hanging tree with dense foliage above his head to keep from any rain getting him wet. With the night coming to a close and the sun rising in the east, he woke up and decided to give up on his adventure. When he returned home he would notice his parents being abnormally calm and collected for himself just leaving the safety of their home. It was an odd coincidence... As if they didn't even notice he was gone.

A few days pass.

One very odd morning, Namastaii appeared to have slept in. He was not awaken by the clanks of metal against a red hot steel tool. He found it odd that the noise of an anvil being clanked was... not heard. The home he lived in... no longer smelled of alcohol. In fact, when he leaned up out of his bed and looked around the small hut he noticed his parents beds have been stripped and nearly every belonging under their beds, on their shelves, in the cabinets were all of a sudden gone. As he gets up and heads for the door a small piece of paper appeared to be nailed to the front of it on the inside of the door. The note appears to have very sloppy handwriting on it and a very large stench of alcohol comes from the note. The note reads as follows.

"Dear Namastaii,

I understand you might be somewhat ange-"
The rest of the note appeared to have just been scribbles. It was somewhat obvious to piece together what has happened to him. His parents decided to pack up and leave without him, most likely headed for the big city while he was to stay at the home, possibly for the rest of his life. He waited around the house for a day, unsure of what to do with himself. After waiting for what seemed like forever, he got up grabbed his remaining things and once again, headed for the big city.

With nothing more than the clothes on his back, a small rucksack filled with rations for a couple nights, a very crude and dull dagger he made during his work with his father and his apprentice blacksmithing skills, he decided to keep going. There is nothing left for him at home. He turns to head in a direction he thought was the right direction. His adventures in the realm of Altera are just beginning and the story of his life shall grow and prosper.

Last edited:

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
Hello Cloaked,

Looks like a sound application so far, but I'd appreciate if you made a few edits to your test. Firstly, we tend to discourage character backstories in which homes/families/cities are destroyed, as the whole "burned to the ground/raided by bandits" plot comes up incredibly often, to the point of these stories becoming somewhat clichéd.

Additionally, in regard to the smithing skills, I'd ask that you tone them down to beginner-average; we encourage skills development in-game through RP rather than in backstories in the interests of fairness to older, more played and therefore more developed characters.

Lastly, as for the lore for the elven subcultures (assuming the Moor Elves are the closest to what you have in mind), all presently written can be located here: {Click!}

As a stray tidbit of information, you might also wish to know that the elven gestation period is 15 months, not the human 9.

Hope this helps, remember we ask for 400 words minimum for the test!

Best of luck,
Cherry

Cloakedsphere

Villager
Hello Cloaked,

Looks like a sound application so far, but I'd appreciate if you made a few edits to your test. Firstly, we tend to discourage character backstories in which homes/families/cities are destroyed, as the whole "burned to the ground/raided by bandits" plot comes up incredibly often, to the point of these stories becoming somewhat clichéd.

Additionally, in regard to the smithing skills, I'd ask that you tone them down to beginner-average; we encourage skills development in-game through RP rather than in backstories in the interests of fairness to older, more played and therefore more developed characters.

Lastly, as for the lore for the elven subcultures (assuming the Moor Elves are the closest to what you have in mind), all presently written can be located here: {Click!}

As a stray tidbit of information, you might also wish to know that the elven gestation period is 15 months, not the human 9.

Hope this helps, remember we ask for 400 words minimum for the test!

Best of luck,
Cherry
Thanks for the help. I shall take a look at the Moor Elves and edit the test. As for the poll, it was meant to be a joke. ;p

Edit: I would like to note that the test has been redone and I have removed bandits burning down a house. :p

Last edited:

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later. (Very useful, by the way.)
Altera survival guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands
How to create your character profile
How to find a town
Server Rules
How to use titles
Rules for Roleplay
How to use the forum
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.