Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Coffeeccubus' Whitelist Applicaiton [Approved - Snerus]

TheRealSereniama

Legend of Altera
1. What is your Minecraft username?

Coffeeccubus

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?

United States

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?

Yes.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?

Metagaming is where you take OOC information for IC advantage . Powergaming is when you have imaginary guards or any form of thing that is not there, and use it on other players. Basically, also using actions on the player such as taking away or knocking away their weapon or killing them without giving them a chance to do anything. This applies to anything.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?

No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.

Paint
Michcat

8. Tell us about yourself!

Hi! I’m Alex, and I am 22 years old born in good ol’ California! I’m currently not in college right now for reasons, and I am currently working at a thrift store for a day program. I am really a friendly person who loves talking to others, and I love joking around allot! I’m a person who loves to roleplay, and of course, I usually enjoy making things fun and enjoyable. I love board games, and I own a few of them at home, trying to recollect my collection of board games so I can play them all again.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?

I would show a few things, unfortunately, I lost allot of my screenshots. So sorry, no.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?

Nope. I found this server back in 2014, and applied before. Unfortunately, I had very little time to even finish up my previous application, and had to leave the site abruptly.

About Your Character!

Character Name:

Valencia Duller Ishtamari

Character Age:

Character Race:

Human

Appearance:

Valencia is quite short for her age, at around 4’10, nearing 5 feet. Despite her short looking appearance, she is a bit more thicker than what a person who might look around that age would look like. These features usually help with differing people from thinking of her as a child. She usually wears her merchant uniform, and doesn’t seem to be mostly out of it, but does keep it clean when she can. Her fingers are slender, and has a sort of curvy body with slightly thicker legs.

Her equipment is made up of a shortsword. It doesn’t really do much, but it’s still rather useful in situations. She carries a small belt of some utilities such as a flask of water and a small purse where she carries her items inside of, with a pouch to carry her gold.

(Click for reference. Minus the clothes and rapier, the hair and body sorta matches up there

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

(So for the written test, I've namely took the liberty to write about my own characters' backstory. Whether or not this is acceptable, I really hope it's not too much of a worry.)

Valencia Ishtamari is a unique one to say the very least. Although her family has noble roots that trace back to older times, the fallen house had caused them to return to commoner status. But the story mainly begins on a farm located north of Valerius where her family was namely that of a simple life on a wheat field that had grown much of the crops for the city in the south. Valencia was born to a father by the name of Tellion, and her rather flirtatious mother by the name of Aethrial.

Her mother was the one who was the head of the house, due to her line being namely matriarchal, therefore, hoped for a healthy daughter to be born. When she got her wish, Aethrial immediately prepared to make sure that Valencia got an education, and learned what she had to learn about many things in the world. But her father was more cautious than the Ishtamari, as he thought that many of these things that his wife wanted were too expensive, and therefore, had to stay careful of what she wanted for her daughter. Despite her protest, Aethrial agreed eventually, and young Valencia would have a bit of a hard time growing up with a rather common birth.

This didn’t stopped Valencia, however.

Unlike her parents, she was ambitious, determined, and eager. As a young girl, Valencia would sneak off in the town to watch soldiers swing their swords, and train. This encouraged her to swing around a wooden sword that she had found on the floor. How she managed to learn to read was namely due to a person by the name of Clyde, giving her books every single day after he was done tutoring young children for the day. She would learn the merchant trade from her father, as he begun to take his daughter to sell off the food that the town needed, and learned how to make a profit from something.

But that didn't really sparked off Valencia's curiosity enough.

One day, Aethrial told her a story about her family that was from a long time ago having nobility, and the fact that they were descents of a noble family that had since fallen to grace. Whether or not these accounts were true, her mother seemed very confident about such a family with richness beyond imaginable, rather than being poor, owning a single farm with a small house. Valencia was determined to find out more about her past, and had decided that travelling the world would be the best option, namely spending her time around the continent a bit. When Valencia turned fourteen, her mother decided that she was old and mature enough to go off and venture on her own, as 14 was seen as the age that where an Ishtamari was ready to make her own decisions, and make her mark on her own. Valencia would begin to go on her own quest, which namely is to find out more about what her family really was, and to seek her own ambitions out there. Perhaps soon, she might have what she was looking for all this time.

Last edited:

Snerus

I didn't do it for the 'Gram, I did it for Gotham
A very well written application!

There's three things of note I'd wished to address.

Firstly, I'd like to request that this character is not a hermaphrodite. While I can certainly understand the creative direction, I'm afraid that those themes are simply not able to pertain themselves to Hollowworld, and particularly the younger portion of its audience. The most I could accept is if Valencia was a female with a tomboy-ish disposition.

Secondly, an amendment to your Powergaming definition is required. It does not fully encompass the offense per the server definitions.

Lastly, I ask for this character to be at least 16 years or older, having reviewed her physical description. If the desire is to roleplay as someone coming into adulthood, 16-18 would be the more appropriate age for this in the setting of the server.

I'll keep this application pending until all my requests have been satisfied.

Snerus

I didn't do it for the 'Gram, I did it for Gotham
Fantastic. Thank you very much for making the changes I've requested!

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.