Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Constellations and Major Stars

Scardrac

Felsummer
Edit: There's a certain process you need to take to change skies. It is possible, though. Some people don't even have normal render distance because they need their computer alive.

Teeke

Lord of Altera
My render distance is tiny.
My lighting is moody.
My fog is at .2
I can barely see past 20 meters.
But I can see the night sky.

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
Oh. Guys, I'm not opposed to names involving gods, just if you name it directly after them.

Ex:

Sallana - Err, not really.

"Shalherana's Cornucopia" - Solid.
Exactly what Iw as trying to say, but said better...

Teeke

Lord of Altera
I think that naming convention is superb.

Now important to note: If someone is using an HD patched sky they will NOT be looking at the typical stars that Alterans would be viewing.

Scardrac

Felsummer
Another important note: It's not something that the world knows as passive knowledge. Newcomers/cultures might name them/see then differently. How would you just poof the knowledge into the kingdoms?

Teeke

Lord of Altera
Either retcon (shudder) or just people will begin talking about the stars... or some other third thing.
And very yes, different cultures may/will see them differently.

Boulderpaul

Lord of Westray
*pokes head into thread* Just to confirm that different texture packs can have different stars, the Hollowworld Resource pack uses a custom starfield texture which I've added below. It could easily be edited to make constellations or certain stars stand out a bit ;)

sky_starfield.png
- Boulder

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
Well, if you ever manage to start a congregation of astronomers or anything like that, I have a nice spot and building in my city to house such groups of people :D