Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

CrescentGamer's application [Approved - Niko]

CrescentGamer

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
_CrescentGamer_

2. How old are you?
14 years old

3. What country are you from?
The Netherlands

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yes, I have.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Meta gaming is having information out of character that your rp character shouldn’t have and using that information to your rp characters advantage. For example, you are having a Skype call and someone tells you there is a certain danger at a road. It would be meta gaming if you were to avoid that road because you knew there was danger. having this information ooc, doesn’t mean your rp character knows.

Powergaming is forcing actions against another player or making yourself seem invincible. For example, *slices player in half* or having imaginary bodyguards who parry every hit.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Cukie1

8. Tell us about yourself!
Hiya! My ign is _CrescentGamer_ but most people call me Cres. I’m Dutch and I live in the province of Utrecht. I live with my mom, dad, brother and dog, Scarlet. I’m 14 years old and love horse riding, drawing, gaming and getting good grades. I’m also a builder and most people like my builds but I don’t. I’m currently on vacation in France and I don’t have my laptop with me so I’m quite bored. I love a good role play and hope to see you all soon!

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I do but I’d rather not show them as I don’t really like them.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I was looking for a medieval fantasy role play server for quite a while but I didn’t really like the lore on most of the servers, this server however seems fun and interesting.

Character Name:
Lyra

Character Age:

Character Race:
Moor elf

Appearance:
Eye color: dark violet
Hair color: white and light grey
Skin tone: grey
Clothes: a dark purple robe-like tunic with a hood.
Weight: 120lbs
Length: 5’’7

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
-Attached-

Written Test!
Day 1
As I cross the border of Linlea, rain begins to pour down from the sky. I’m leaving everything behind, it’s for the best, I tell myself. I didn’t say goodbye to my family, they wouldn’t have understood, just like they didn’t understand why my brother left. He had the same reason for leaving, freedom. Well for me this isn’t just for freedom, I need to be alone. A dark and lonely place will give me the peace I need, I hope.

Day 96
The sky is full of stars and the forest below is lit up by the moonlight, the snow falling from the sky is cold. The cave I call home nowadays isn’t very big, though it’s peaceful and dark, just how I like it. It’s the perfect place to forget the darkness of my childhood, some may call the darkness an average childhood, I don’t. Tomorrow I will move on, see what adventure the future might hold.

Day 97
The forest is quiet and dark, and every time I encounter animals, they immediately flee. I don’t blame them, if they had stayed they would’ve been eaten anyway. A small place in the bushes draws my attention, it’s perfect to sleep inside.

Day 140
I’ve been in the wild for quite some time now, though I’ve never seen anyone else. Today that changed, a small flickering light came from a tree. I wanted to investigate and after a while I saw an old man, I’ve never seen a man like him before. He looked like he was a human and he had a staff decorated with all sorts of jewels, after a while my curiosity got the best of me and I walked towards him. When he saw me he smiled, “hello young elf,” he said, “what are you doing all alone in the forest?” As he spoke to me, a feeling of trust came from his words. I told him my story and he told his. After some time talking to each other, we agreed we would continue our journey together.

Day 160
Erun and I made the forest our home for now, we made a small house inside a massive tree trunk. It’s small, but cozy. The outside of the trunk is decorated with vines and flowers, there are 2 beds inside the trunk and a little table. Next to our little house there is a small quot’wossar where we can get water from. We mostly eat berries we find in the forest, but sometimes Erun manages to catch a rabbit. while Erun doesn’t understand why I’m mostly awake at night, he accepts it.

Day 167
The guards at my clan always fascinated me. I’ve always wanted to learn how to fight with a sword, my family never let me though. My Reth’ko always said: “You are too important to lose, you are from the Hal’Mar class and you should start acting like it.”
My family never liked my way of thinking, I never wanted to be a Hal’Mar class Moor. I don’t think we should have classes at all, everyone is different and nobody is perfect. I want to fight for what’s right, I want to fight for the people who can’t fight for themselves. I don’t trust people easily, trust must be earned. Though Erun was different, he reminded me of myself. Trust is a dangerous weapon, that’s why it mustn’t be given easily.

Day 200
We should celebrate, it’s my 200th day in the wilds. Erun is a quiet man and he’s not suited for the loneliness of the wild, he told me the same. Maybe he’s right, maybe it’s time for me to accept my past and embrace my future. Tomorrow we will pack our bags and both follow our own pathway to a fresh start. Before we go, we will make a promise to each other. Always follow your dreams wherever they may go.

Day 201
After walking for a day, more buildings seem to pop up here and there around the countryside. There’s a city straight ahead, This will be the perfect place for a fresh start, a new beginning. As I walk towards the city everything around me seems to fade away, this is it. A new life.

Attachments

Last edited:

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Hi there! Thank you for taking the time and effort to apply to Hollowworld. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your application and I am impressed by your use of Moor Elven terms in your test. There is one small thing that we need to go over, however:

- There can be no mention of magic within your test, not even failing to grasp it from a magic teacher. Magic on Hollowworld is restricted and only given to those who have demonstrated extensive roleplaying capability and out of character responsibility. This should be an easy fix though.

Other than that, your application is pretty solid. Again, thank you for giving your time to produce this application and I look forward to reading it once more!

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
ignis_clap_by_cukie1-da5rcqb.gif
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.