Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

DayZ Standalone

Spark

Broken
That is NW airfield.

I'm currently fully geared sitting between Elektro and Cherno. 4 kills so far and 1 soon to be kill as me and my squad disarmed a fully geared player. He had an M4 with over 600 prestine rounds, meds etc. We shot him in the back, took his weapons, gave him a saline bag and waited for him to wake up. We then handcuffed him, force fed him disinfectant, uncuffed him and left him in the middle of the road.
P.S. There's no cure for disinfectant and it slowly kills you.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
That is NW airfield.

I'm currently fully geared sitting between Elektro and Cherno. 4 kills so far and 1 soon to be kill as me and my squad disarmed a fully geared player. He had an M4 with over 600 prestine rounds, meds etc. We shot him in the back, took his weapons, gave him a saline bag and waited for him to wake up. We then handcuffed him, force fed him disinfectant, uncuffed him and left him in the middle of the road.
P.S. There's no cure for disinfectant and it slowly kills you.
You're an evil being ._.

Bean/Benijim

Loyal Servant of Altera
Found a Pristine M16 with 30 rounds, loads of food, great gear and I get insta killed with a punch by a guy with godmode :/

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
The newest update has succeeded at breaking an otherwise fully functioning game at its Alpha stage. It's quite saddening to see, really, however the game in its current state is to me pretty much unplayable.
This is caused by the fact the amount of zombies has increased. By increased, I mean that just through entering the Elektro fire station I have been swarmed by eight zombies, when I was a fresh spawn. I managed to find an axe and survive, but found out that after lagging out I tried to join another server and it turned out they are no longer synced to a single hive, as they were intended to be. Before increasing the zombie count, Rocket and his team should focus on fixing the fact that those bastards can still easily sprint through walls. This is an issue they should have tackled before the pre-release, as it gives zombies an unfair advantage over players.

Bean/Benijim

Loyal Servant of Altera
Stupid reset. Found a pristine mosin with a long range scope and 17 rounds and never got to use it
Typical :(

Minty

Lord of Altera
AshenWanderer
AshenWanderer
I currently have an M4 with a better case, stock, along with a pristine red dot, a bayonet, annnnd a bipod. Also- Didn't mention that nearly all of my pack space is taken up by 40 round mags for the M4. What's left is designated to my magnum, FNX, Water, and food. ( Hiking back pack size~ )

Doing pretty good. :p

(Don't know if I still have anything anymore, with this 'stupid reset')

Deash12

Coffee Enthusiast
... So... on my first day of Standalone... my friend and I were up along the eastern coast, looting.
We found one of those longer barns, we enter it, and then my friend was having troubles giving me a hacksaw.
BUT THEN- I hear a noise. Tell my friend to be quiet.... we both look to our right, and see some naked dude playing this over his mic,

He runs into the barn, music progressively getting louder. We all lock eyes for a couple of moments. Then puts up his fists, I put up mine.
And we fight whilst the music was blaring. My friend was laughing too hard to do anything. In the end, I ended up killing him.
.... I'm still laughing, and this happened about forty minutes ago. xD I was laughing -way- too hard.

Last edited:

Bean/Benijim

Loyal Servant of Altera
*totally didn't run through a town carrying nothing but an empty can of beans in his hands while completely naked singing the thunder birds theme through his mic*

Spark

Broken
Nice to see they broke the game, ruined any kind of survival aspect and made it what it was supposed to be the opposite of, a DM game.

They could have made it something different, something new and exciting to the zombie survival genre, but no. They have just followed the trend of "Sniper or GTFO". They added Military grade weapons to a game thats main focus was meant to be survival, and then made it possible just to sit in a military outpost and world hop until you get a Mosin or M4. I don't see a point in playing this game at all now.

I know it's in alpha but they have already messed up. Just because it's in Alpha doesn't mean it has to be crap. Just look at Rust, Facepunch have been constantly adding MEANINGFUL content. They are a small dev team with next to no backing compared to DayZ but they are still making an awesome game.
Personally I think they have the same problem with DayZ that the Minecraft Devs had, they made too much money too quickly. The money takes over the original aim of making a good game. It happens to a lot of "big" alpha games, some are made purely to make a good game, others are made for a quick buck (I'm looking at you, Infestation: Survivor stories AKA The WarZ).

Basically, I am disappoint.

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
this is why you shouldnt playthings until atleast open beta release. I did the same with Godus

Spark

Broken
It's not the lack of content that's annoying it's just their directioj and prioritiesthat suck. They keep adding new items to distract people when they aren't fixing bugs that were even present in the mod.