Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

DemisKitten [Approved-Estes]

DemisKitten

Lord of Altera
1) What is your MINECRAFT username?

DemisKitten

2) How old are you?

3) Where are you?

U.S. New York

4) Have you read our guides yet?

I read the Tome of Citizenship.

5) Introduce yourself!

My hobbies include; gaming, singing, drawing, snowboarding and reading. I get bored during my college breaks and I tend to look for RP anywhere I can to fill the time I'm not spending either studying or working. I am currently in my first year of college, just getting the basics out of the way and thinking of taking graphic design or programming later on. I'll probably end up working in music though, haha. I believe thats five sentences yes? Alright, moving on~! (Oh and I tend to overuse "~" for some odd reason.)

6) Got any examples of your work?

Currently, nothing good. I'm okay at building small taverns, libraries with hidden rooms and medieval homes in minecraft. Otherwise, kind of a dud. I am a pretty good singer/songwriter, or so they say.

About your character

Name:

Rue Syrenne

About 18-20

Race:

Would Half Elf be possible? If not, then Human.

Appearance:

She has large green eyes and raven black hair that waves and curls down to her knees. Her outfit is brown leather and red cloth accented by small golden trinkets and belts. Her figure is full and curved, the mature body of a woman not accustomed to battle, but still hardy enough to travel long distances without too much trouble. She may not be the fastest or strongest, but she can hold her own if absolutely need be, and she does have a little proficiency with a bow and arrow. She has a sweet voice that is soft and smooth, usually called soothing. She only stands at 5'3” and weighs around 135-140lbs. Most of her weight is evenly attributed to her chest and waist, something she is aware of and thankful for.
---

The test

The moon was high and clouds seem to roil across it as it struggled to stay unhidden, the wind cool and unrelenting as the tree tops rustled. The forest floor seemed to teem with beasts and danger and somewhere in those trees sat a fairly frustrated and frightened young woman. She had climbed up into a sturdy tree limb, knee slightly scraped and limbs shaking from the scrambled effort. Rue Syrenne, a young wanderer who left her home in search of something different, something more, was starting to question her decision once again. Something fairly large rustled by below her and she covered her mouth, curling up on herself and muffling a groan of annoyance.

She had done well in her home, loved for her singing voice and talented harp, and useful to her beloved brothers and parents on their sweet farm. She sighed and closed her eyes, hoping her reveries would help her drift off into the usual semi-sleep she seemed to get these last few weeks. Rue's family was warm, not without their squabbles and always with their warm teasing, something she carried with her always, which seemed to come off as sarcasm and often got her in trouble. Her father had taught her a little about archery, mostly just how to aim and shoot, and years working the wheat fields had left her rather sturdy despite her small size.

At the end of the day when her brothers and father retired to the tavern, she often accompanied them and sang for the patrons, playing her harp to ease the tired souls of the working village. On days that she didn't accompany them she stayed and helped her mother to cook or to clean or even sew, leaving her well rounded in slightly mundane tasks, and she always joked that she was a “Jack of all trades, but Master of none.” She sighed as she let go of her pleasant reveries, the memories taking a darker turn. Her twin brother, older only by a few minutes, had been the center of her world, and she was his. As children they had put hats on and wore the same clothes just to confuse their family, and it had worked till they were teens. He had soared to a lovely 5'8” and she had filled out into her mother's beautiful figure. Yet, they had still remained as close as ever. When the village boys had dared to speak rudely -and sometimes even a little too admiringly- of her, they often ended up with “mysteriously” broken wrists or arms, courtesy of both her older brothers.

But that one day, their protectiveness carried them to far, and her twin... She sighed again, willing away the dark thoughts, opening her eyes instead to an equally horrifying sight. Her emerald eyes widened and she covered her mouth again to smother a scream when a particularly large spider passed on a not too far branch. She was only a days run from the next town, perhaps if that thing chased her there she could make it before dawn...?

((Hope that was okay, kinda started rambling sorry!))

Estes241

The Talking Pizza
Retired Staff
Well done! It was quite nice, have no fears!
Also, half elves are possible, as long as one of the two parents were human! The other races don't mix. And don't worry... I think most people overuse ~~~ here... myself included.

Feel free to ask me anything if you need help!
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Altera survival guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands
How to create your character profile
How to find a town
Server Rules
How to use titles
Rules for Roleplay
How to use the forum
Hollow World Resource pack
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.
1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.