Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Do not update to 1.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stevey

1.2 Is due out soon, however there are some complications to be expected when updating to 1.2

We will first need to wait for the 1.2 to be released. However with the release of 1.2 bukkit, a lot of old plugins will break because they are cleaning up their code. This means it might or might not take us longer to get the server up for 1.2. We are simply not sure.

To be sure do not update to 1.2 if you wish to play on Hollowworld. When you start your minecraft it will ask if you want to update it, click no.

We are as of yer unsure how and if jungles will be implemented into the Northern Kingdoms. If at all possible, we will surely do so.

The Southern Kingdoms will be reset to make use of the new terrain.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
1.2 Is due out soon, however there are some complications to be expected when updating to 1.2

We will first need to wait for the 1.2 to be released. However with the release of 1.2 bukkit, a lot of old plugins will break because they are cleaning up their code. This means it might or might not take us longer to get the server up for 1.2. We are simply not sure.

To be sure do not update to 1.2 if you wish to play on Hollowworld. When you start your minecraft it will ask if you want to update it, click no.

We are as of yer unsure how and if jungles will be implemented into the Northern Kingdoms. If at all possible, we will surely do so.

Backups people! Then you can do both!

Shadowsmalls

The Anime loving Brony
How u do backup?:D
Go to
%appdata%
Then go to the Roaming folder
then go to the .minecraft folder
Then go to Bin
Then copy your minecraft.jar and paste it back in
Re-name the copy "minecraft-1.1.jar"
Switch between this one and the new one that will generate by re-naming them each time.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Go to
%appdata%
Then go to Bin
Switch between this one and the new one that will generate by re-naming them each time.
and when playing on the 1.1 version DO NOT UPDATE WHEN PROMPTED. There is no legal way to recover the 1.1 client.

D

Deleted member 61

So we are or are we not carrying over towns, chests inventories ect?

Wrayh

Loyal Servant of Altera
So we are or are we not carrying over towns, chests inventories ect?
I think I can say for the admin team that everything will in fact be brought over... Do call me out if this is wrong *crosses fingers hoping he's right*

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
I think I can say for the admin team that everything will in fact be brought over... Do call me out if this is wrong *crosses fingers hoping he's right*

Why would implementing jungles be a problem if there was a reset?

C

Cubey

Jungle will not be appear in 1.0 world Altera but at least it can plant saplings here.

ZETHCRON

Lord of Altera
When the update comes out I want to be around to see all the rage posts by people who did update unknowingly… I'm evil, I know.

Maybe there should be an announcement, saying not to update to 1.2 until it is known that HollowWorld will not be having problems/delays, because some or most people DO NOT surf the forums… unlike some people.

LazzurusMan

Lord of Altera
When the update comes out I want to be around to see all the rage posts by people who did update unknowingly… I'm evil, I know.

Maybe there should be an announcement, saying not to update to 1.2 until it is known that HollowWorld will not be having problems/delays, because some or most people DO NOT surf the forums… unlike some people.
I updated *facepalm* Luckily I made a backup of 1.1 before using Optifine, so I ca still play on hollowworld XD

crsmit8

Villager
Go to
%appdata%
Then go to Bin
with windows 7 you can recover previos versions though so it is easy

Doogreeb

Villager
i did all that with the copy minecraft folder renaming it to minecraft-1.1.jar loaded minecraft chose not to update and now it just freezes at 90% loading.
any ideas? :/

Status
Not open for further replies.