Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Do you need anything? Request it here (FREE!)

Sadko

Lord of Altera
sadko12345
sadko12345
250 Stone bricks,
200 cobblestone
250 jungle wood
This is amazing, when im back at home with my computer, i will surely donate something :D

Redocs

Lord of Altera
Its a really nice gesture what you're doing here, but at the same time i cant help thinking that this is a bit of a market killer.
There are heaps of players trying to sell there -hard worked for- items in the shops in port silver, they would have a hard time competing against ....free items.

(by the way, i'm not speaking for myself, i've got enough allready and i mostly buy items)

Yoda

Lord of Altera
He's only trying to be nice. There isn't really too much of a market anyway; there's an infinite amount of everything.

Redocs

Lord of Altera
He's only trying to be nice. There isn't really too much of a market anyway; there's an infinite amount of everything.
The first point i totally agree, its very nice to give out free items.
the second point i dont really agree, i do think there is a market, even though there are unlimited supplies out there, it still takes time to collect them (work). People are willing to pay for that. My store in PS is doing lots and lots of business, a couple of double chests full of items every week. I've done a lot of trading on the Auction House too. So i believe there is a market and people are participating in it.

I'm not saying he shouldn't hand out free items, but depending on the amounts, it could harm the market. Maybe it's fun to pour the idea into some RP elements, free building blocks and food for the poor for example.

I'm just giving an opinion :) still love you guys! :p

Yoda

Lord of Altera
Never said there wasn't one at all, I was just trying to point out that although things take time to gather there's as much there as you need, unlike in real life, which is why the market will never be as good as in real life. I do agree that people giving things away doesn't necessarily help, however.
(not that I'm asking you to stop Shrimpsy, I'm so poor :( )

Shrimpsy

Lord of Altera
Its a really nice gesture what you're doing here, but at the same time i cant help thinking that this is a bit of a market killer.
There are heaps of players trying to sell there -hard worked for- items in the shops in port silver, they would have a hard time competing against ....free items.

(by the way, i'm not speaking for myself, i've got enough allready and i mostly buy items)
I'm not trying to put anyone out of business... I will buy from people if they are selling the items, I merely pass them on to the people who request them here :p I do get a few items myself, but not so much that I see it to be a market killer...

And mist, I'll ad it to the list... it may take a while though, especially with HollowPay broken.

Shrimpsy

Lord of Altera
In the process, yesterday my computer decided to be a potato and not let me play on minecraft servers... It's good now though.