Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Doc. Atbash Application [Approved - Squidziod]

Doctor Atbash

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
(New players can only use one account to begin with, so please don't list any alt accounts. You can apply for an alt account after being here for one month.)
My Minecraft Username Is Joona_R

2. How old are you?
(Please note that the minimum age to take part on the server is 14. Due to the era of the role play there are some more mature themes which may not be suitable for anyone younger. We can't be held responsible should you choose to lie about your age.)
I Am 15 Years Old.

3. What country are you from?
(HollowWorld is an English speaking server. People from around the world are more than welcome to join us and take part provided that they do their best to use a good standard of written English both in game and on the forums.)
I'm from a lovely green northern land called Finland! Very cold, and.. Lifeless.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
(There, you can find information about how our server is run, as well as the playable races.)
Yes! I have read them. I really like the art style used on all of these creatures! Beautiful.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
(It is important to understand what these terms are and why they are bannable offenses in any roleplaying community.)
A player using out of character resources or words to affect another's in game decisions.
Powergaming, is abuse of spells, casting, or having the powers of literal GOD. That a character does not take damage or a punch to the face without being effected by it.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
(This question goes for any method that can be used to unfairly find and mine ores.)
Absolutely NOT!

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
(Mentors are designed to help you get used to the server; you can a list of our current Mentors and what they can do for you under 'Everything you need to know!'.)
Centurian or Glados.

8. Tell us about yourself!
(Introduce yourself! Tell us some of your hobbies, what kind of music you like, other games you play, maybe any pets you have. We're not asking for anything too personal, but we would like to get to know you a bit better to help the application and transition. This question needs to be a minimum of five sentences and not focused on Minecraft.)
I'm very unsocial in real life, but i play around with an app called Amino! I'm a huge Gravity Falls and Doctor Who fan, and if i don't get to know when Season 10 starts I will freak out!! I like alot of futuristic things, but nothing beats medevial roleplay! And Puns! I do those alot.. So if you see me on Discord.. Well. Expect them to happen in some point.. I also like to draw! One of my main hobbies actually.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
(This question is optional! Are you an artist? A builder? A writer? If you want to show off some of your work, we'd love to see it! You can upload a file at the bottom of the page to attach some pictures if you like! If you don't have anything you want to show, that is perfectly fine. Don't worry.)
..Actually, yes. I am an Artist. If you have seen Gravity Falls, (RIP), I have used a simular Art Style on The Gravity Falls Amino! I do build on my spare time, useally. I like doing, spaceships, but i'm very good with Rustic Houses aswell. Thank you Grian for teaching me your ways.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
(This question is also optional. If you were referred by someone, that person has a chance to get a referral reward.)
Well, I knew this question would take place. I was actually at Minecraft-MP, when i discovered this server got alot of attention! And then, I began to join, and then i realised, the server was Whitelisted! So, this is.. Present Day.
About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
  • Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.
Character Name:
(Be mindful of the Medieval Fantasy theme when choosing your name.)
Doctor Atbash

Character Age:
(Simple enough!)

Character Race:
(Have a look through our Playable Races!)
Human

Appearance:
(We just want to make sure things like hair color, eye color, skin color, and clothing is all fitting for the setting/lore we have.)
Green eyes, with an old raggedy jacket and a warm green sweater that has been patched up during the years, A belt around his torso, with muddy boots.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
(Attach a picture here if you have one. If you don't have an image, that's fine. Just make sure you describe it well in the appearance section.)

Written Test:
..It was a cold day in Valerius, on Fireday. A fisherman, named Colen went out to fish, to the lake, but then he heard a cry, of a newborn child left in a basket on the docks, all alone. The child was retrieved by Colen. Colen raised the the newborn boy, naming him Atbash, a peculiar name to give to a child. But in the age of fifteen, the boy's adopted father said to the boy: "I cannot feed you anymore, I am to die." The boy couldn't speak. The father gave him an empty green colored book, and said goodbye to him, as he left in the wild. Colen died a week later. In his travels, the boy saw many, wonderous creatures, which he recorded in the book he was given. He mensioned The Elves, Gryphons... The boy didn't challenge these creatures, he only observed them. In the age of 25 he encountered The Giant Crabs in the Northern Kingdoms.. He saw them sink a ship with a crew. It brought him memories of his father. He started making his journey back to Valerius. The place of his presuamed birth. During his travel, he passed the town of Thorne. The protectors of the Eastern Gateway, Atbash gaized at this place, he was pleased he had found a way to enter somewhere safe from the rain. He disliked the rain. But enjoyed swimming, as his father had taught him. While in Thorne, Atbash saw a man, sitting on the ground, lonely. He walked to the man, and offered him some refreshment. The man smiled seeing a friendly face. The man told Atbash stories of legendary creature's that travel starlight. Of course, it was only nonsence, but Atbash listened. The man also spoke of the lonely Gryphon living in the mounts near Stirling Reserve. They laughed all night. In the morning, the man said goodbye to Atbash, who left towards Valerious, his home. Halfway to Valerious his journal was dropped from his pouch. While Distracted, a Gryphon nearby, thought the Journal for a some sort of an animal, It grabbed it, took it, and flew away. In anger, Atbash paused his mission to get back to Valerius and start searching for that Gryphon. For 4 years he traveled in the regions. He hadn't lost his patience, Atbash had become humble, wise and patient. And then, his memories started coming back to him. He remembered what that man told him all those years ago in Thorne. Filled with laughter and determination, he headed South East. Ignord his goal on going back to Valerious, he had to get his Journal. He had found a Gryphon nest, on the mountains, near the Stirling Reserve. It was in a damp cave, filled with small bones, twigs, and items people had lost over the years. And then he saw it. The book his father had given him all those years ago. He held it in his hands. Proud, and Happy. He cried tears of Joy.

Exhausted, Atbash came down from the hills and tripped on the rocks, he landed on wood that carried him with the tide away..

Attachments

Last edited:

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Hello and welcome! Your application is off to a good start, but there are a few things you need to look at first.
  • Take a second look at your metagaming definition, it's not quite there.
  • Written test is short (346/400 words)
Fix those two things, and then reply to this thread; I'll take a second look then. Thank you!

Doctor Atbash

Villager
Hello and welcome! Your application is off to a good start, but there are a few things you need to look at first.
Fix those two things, and then reply to this thread; I'll take a second look then. Thank you!
Alright! My time zone is a bit wonky but I will make sure to add more to that test, and make sure that definition is fixed up. Thank you!

Doctor Atbash

Villager
Alright. For what it's worth. The Application has been edited.
Have a good day.

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Congratulations, Doctor Atbash!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay on Hollowworld. Before logging on, make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our world, Altera. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two or ask one of our Mentors for help if you have any questions about how things work.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, and if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later. (These are very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for them.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

Doctor Atbash

Villager
Just for clerification, and possible confusion I have changed my minecraft username, my minecraft username from this day forward is Doc_Atbash.
Not Joona_R