Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Dominar - Application [Approved- solus]

Dominar

Legend of Altera
About you
1) What is your MINECRAFT username?

My Minecraft username is Ceaus

2) How old are you?

Nearly 16

3) Where are you?

I live in South Australia.

4) Have you read our guides yet?

Yes I've read them all. I will need to refresh myself at one point thought.

5) Introduce yourself!

Heya my name is Sam. I am a big fan of Roleplay and it's probably my favorite thing to do. Previously I roleplayed on a World of Warcraft server and I got really good at it.

THere is not much about me to tell to be honest. I've modelled my character (Dominar) after myself so just look at his description to find out about me. Everything except his past of course,
I live with my mom and love her dearly.

The only thing I didn't add was my eyesight. I have a condition known as ocular albinism and Nystagmus. They limit my version quite a bit however I am not phased. I was very lucky to only have ocular albinism and not the full condition. I could have been basically deaf, blind and be extremely sensitive to sunlight.

I don't do much for the time being, I spend my days planning, working at a computer and hanging out with friends/family. I'm big on gaming and have a deep passion for roleplay.
I have a talent in art and music, however what I'm really interested in is coding and designing...and AI!

6) Got any examples of your work?

Not really. I do a lot of spriting but it's all small things. My music is basic and I'm not ready to show the public. Perhaps in time... :)

7) Did you explore our world prior to your application?

I've played a lot already, met a lode of awesome cool people. I'm just editing and updating my application.

8) Referrer: (Optional)

I've already been on this server once before as Marvolo TetRo. You will find that my character ten, and my character now are very similar.

About your character

Dominar has exceptionally good hearing and eyesight. He is intelligent, witty and a quick thinker and strategist. On top of that Dominar's eyes barely ever stop moving, he is alert by nature and always aware of his surroundings. He can determine the direction an object is heading, how fast it is going and where it will land/stop just by hearing/seeing it. He has good reflexes that if he learns to use correctly, he has the potential to at most dodge a speeding arrow, depending on the speed and power. Being an elf he has good agility, he is light and fast on his feet, and can move quickly with ease. With a good understanding of how everything works he is a fast learner and has a good will. Dominar wants to help people by becoming the greatest fighter ever seen. He has the capability to learn many different skill sets and intends to do so. In short, this elf is a born fighter. The only problem is he has barely any knowledge with any weapons. He was taught how to handle a sword by his foster father (an ex knight) and knows the basics well. HE also has talent in throwing knives which he learned himself.

Name:

Dominar

Race:

Silver Elf

Appearance: (see profile picture)
(Just like that but more Elven.)

Dominar is a cool looking guy. He has dark brown hair and dark eyes. His hair never has a specific style, unless you count completely untidy and poking out at every angle a style. (just like in the image) He is small built, tall and very light. Dominar has good posture. He never slouches and is well balanced. He usually only wears light clothing and wears a cloak that is also light , without a hood and open at the front.

The test

Dominar lay there, listening to the birds chirp, the trees flowing in the wind, the children playing and laughing and the towns' people working and talking. He was lying under a large oak tree. His hands under his head. He was awake, very much awake, but any onlooker would presume him to be asleep. His chest would rise and fall slowly, as his breathing was at it's minimal.
This was his favorite spot. Under this oak tree. As this was the only spot he could come to get some peace and quiet. Away from his mother always telling him to do his chores, away from his father always scolding him for not getting the water on time. He loved his family, but he didn't love his life. He wanted a life full of excitement and adventure. Up til now, Dominar had accepted that his life was going to be a life full of work. But then he remembered that when he is of age, or at least, when is 17, he would be allowed to leave the village.
Dominar was raised in a small village far from the main hustle and bustle. His real parents, of which he knew nothing, had disappeared when he was born. Taken in by an ex knight and a shield maiden, both of whom were great fighters of their time, he was raised harshly and with discipline. His foster father, named Rashe, drilled into him the basics of knighthood and combat. His foster mother, alice, taught him to be a respectful and respected young man.
Dominar's thoughts were interrupted by a yell from one of the boys playing. The ball they were playing with was now bouncing towards Dominar. He let it come, hearing it's bounces and taking note of the time between bounces. Once he had determined where it was going he just ignored it, expecting it to bounce right over him. So when the ball landed straight on his face he yelped. The kids laughed and one of them said "oi Dominar, is that you? Or was it a chicken that just squawked." The rest of the boys laughed even more. Great he thought. Of all the times I had to miss judge something like this it had to be in the open public. His cheeks red, Dominar threw the ball back and ignored the world. The kids just continued their game.
As much as he'd deny it, Dominar enjoyed the small interactions with the kids he had. He was used to being around people either too young, or too old, or just people out of his age group. He was adopted when he was little and was one of the few children in the town at the time. That changed of course, and he wasn't sure if it was for the better. He was told that Silver Elves were uncommon and no one knew where his real parents where. He doesn't remember when, how or why he was adopted, he just knew he was. That was something else he wanted to find out. What happened to the Silver Elves. If something had happened to them that is. No one in his town knew anything about them. Or they just don't want to tell him anything. Someone had to know, there are sure to be more Silver Elves out there, he just needs to find them, they should know something. His thoughts are, if he finds the Silver Elves, He'll find his parents.
The town's bell rang close by, signaling the arrival of the second hour. Well he thought, better not keep mother waiting.

Attachments

Last edited:

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
The only thing I'd like you to note is that your character should learn skills and advancement of skills during roleplay as he or she trains. That goes the same for being able to dodge a speedy arrow. It'll make for interesting character development if your character trains in roleplay to gain that ability. Other than that-

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Altera survival guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands
How to create your character profile
How to find a town
Server Rules
How to use titles
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

Dominar

Legend of Altera
Thank you very much! And yeah i did think that maybe the arrow bit was something Dominar would be better off learning not have already learned. Is it fine if I change that bit?

I read all of the guides while I waited for a reply so that's all good.

I'm not at all tempted to use the x-ray mod. Don't worry! I'm not gonna do it!

Thanks again! :)

Dominar

Legend of Altera
I've made a few changes to my application. New in game name, a few character changes, etc. I've been inactive for a while that is why I've done so. Dominar is still a new character of mine, I am constantly developing him.