Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Ealdwine - cheesehed's app [ Approved - Tempy]

cheesehed

Villager

1. What is your Minecraft username?
cheesehed

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
United States

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is using OOC attained information in character. Powergaming is making an unreasonably poweful character and/or forcing actions on other characters (more common in combat.)

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Mokyar

8. Tell us about yourself!
I'm not too much for mixing personal life into role play but my name is Tom and I am constantly studying philosophy or whatever small thing interests me. I have been role playing on and off for a few years now as a hobby and between such I play a crap load of Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. Good stuff.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
None really, I'm a very experienced roleplayer and I consider myself able to create a large and inclusive storyline through making conflict/solving it.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Marshmellow_Kasuu

Character Name:
Ealdwine Kaiser
Aldwin

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance & Picture of the Skin

(( I read the guidelines to the written test and I wanted to make this preliminary paragraph to make more sense out of Aldwin's backstory and why he is the way he is. I don't deeply depend on his backstory and constantly seek out to make him improve and gain things through role play, however, I do not consider him a novice in some things he can do. I have tried to make this character a properly portrayed man who's been through horrific events in his life. I will keep this minimal and within your guidelines to the best of my ability, though I hope reading the backstory will make the guidelines. I do not care to try to make an overpowered character or unfairly began one as I don't role play for any sense of self-accomplishment, just one that has a good deal of fleshing out done and a much larger deal of fleshing out to do. ))

Aldwin's life began as it continues on today, chaotic. His father and mother had been merchants, following from city to city to try to sell their embroideries as foreign goods. Con artists of their time, they received little luck on the day of Aldwin's birth. In a dirty small town during a hectic storm season was the night that he had broke free, having had only a little help with the deliverance. To the best of the two's luck, the mother and child came out unscathed from the process, beginning Aldwin's journey through life in the midst of the dark during the peak of a hidden dawn.

His childhood had nothing too out of the ordinary if considering a life traveling and pawning could be as average. As the parents dealt with the increasing stress of a child while managing their trade, production had become basically non-existent. This led to their once similar stock be replaced by numerous knick knacks as their work became more and more similar to that of traveling pawners. As Aldwin grew into his childhood body, he became more and more explorative, taking in mass the many lands they would travel and soon gaining experience from his parents pawning. Despite having to mostly raise himself, he would manage to push a buy with childhood charm, inherent from his father's own. This does not mean to say he had an enjoyable childhood, he was often starved for the next meal and fed off of stale bread and weak cheese, occasionally retrieving the treat of dried meats or traded potatoes. Their trade, however, had become more and more unsteady to keep moving, and they would need to venture further if any chance of financial prosperity would come.

Aldwin grew well into his adolescence, despite being nearly socially incapable other than the realm of trade. They had stopped and tried to settle on land or towns, however any attempts at this were quickly thwarted by nature, man, or coin. By age 10 the family had traveled far from home and been in the desert landscapes for near a year's time. Aldwin would be put to more and more duties as he grew in his ever-changing landscape; finding water, building up shelter, exploring new territory, and snake hunting became common practice for the young boy. Surviving became somewhat of an instinct from the time spent in the many different environments, although he was still very ignorant of much that there was to know about the world. These duties being pushed onto him as they traversed had given him a sense of identity and began a long road of confident individualism that would be forever imprinted into Aldwin.

This confidence would be sucked away soon enough, however, as the family had continued to dwindle away their coin on bad investments and horrible sales. This caused a strong tension between Aldwin and his parents, where they once operated as almost separate groups, fights flared as he gained his wits. He grew to age 12 when his family were finally ready to try turning back, hope being lost in their financial ventures and the remainder of their goods only being enough to barely help them return home. They had traveled long and hard back out of the deserts, their horses receiving better portions than they could manage for themselves. Their luck would only make one final turn for the worse.

The event that would forever change Aldwin's life had seemed so unimportant to him at the time of its occurrence. His father had encountered a group of hardened slavers, clearly violent in their conquest of selling and buying men. All wit his father had at the beginning of their long journey had collapsed, leaving behind only a seething, greedy man in a shell. Aldwin would never know how the conflict began, though it was almost inexplicably quick. He'd only have seen his father kicked down to his knees, the skeleton of a man could hardly resist. The looters left behind the parents weakened and the wagon emptied, the sporty young boy being caged along with the rest of the goods. He didn't even try to fight back.

Aldwin was sold off at a standard auction as a standard slave, there was nothing noteworthy or any feeling of importance to it. He had been compliant and silent during the months of his captivity, his world view completely twisting as he was exposed to see many of life's atrocities along the way. He'd been sold off to a salt mine, what had seemed only the most standard form of slavery, his hopes for sudden freedom had diluted. He entered with the rest of the slaves awkwardly, most of them coming from much further walks of life, scarred beyond relief, and older than he was. The man that would orientate him would be extremely hardened, from what Aldwin had thought was mining, though he was soon to discover the deeper parts of the slaves' hierarchy.

Being the fit young man he was, Aldwin was quick to take part in the work with the rest of the men. He had even enjoyed the work in some ways, being fed better than he was surviving in the wild, and stable shelter was a foreign yet comforting idea. This was quickly made brutal by the unrelenting work and the martial hierarchy that existed. During the nights, slave fights were common occurrence, and were the key factor in determining who was on top of who. It would not be long until Aldwin was as well initiated into this martial structure, a fight breaking out between him and a boy of his age after Aldwin stole some of his rations. He did not mind the close victory that came with it, in fact, he relished it.

Much of Aldwin's individualism had seemingly died as he assimilated with the rest of the slaves in his teenage years. Getting in bloody fist and knife fights throughout his time and accumulating numbers of scars to go along with it. This loop to life had given him structure, despite it being negative in every imaginable way. Morality had been out of the window for Aldwin as he grew increasingly short-tempered, violent, and dangerous. A seemingly unrecoverable man emerged out of the scars of slavery, however, it not be long until he was thrown right back to the elements.

During a night unknown to Aldwin, their hierarchy would collapse in on itself. Many of the strongest of the slaves were tasked to keep the others in line, and down the line it had went. A sudden disagreeance led to a hard break in the common ideology which told them to stay. Aldwin would be awoken to a large conflict, slaves and guards fighting amongst each other, a few of the living quarters lighting aflame, and chaos once again reigning over his life. The night moved in a blur, and by the end of it, Aldwin had freed himself during the route of the conflict, as would many other slaves who had worked those mines so long. It was a break, and a succesful one.

Aldwin's lost any sense of clear world view as he managed through the elements, his life once again completely overturned at the hand of chaos. He had no passion to escape, but neither to remain in the now overrun mine. He would travel aimlessly for a year, making coin from odd jobs up into full fledged mercenary worked. The violence that had ensued during his teenage years would leave it as his most hated and strongest talent. He'd managed to get himself along back to his homeland after the long year of aimless travelling. This year would be the least memorable for Aldwin, and he would always remember it for a tenth of what it was.

As Aldwin trekked back into the woods and grasslands he had grown up exploring, he would eventually begin to regain a grasp on his sanity and sense of meaning. It was not long until luck finally turned for him, coming upon one of his first farms, a ragged and torn man at the time. He had tired his back and body from endless travel, and it had been weeks since he experienced the comfort of a warm bed. Even it were just a haystack and a sheet.

Aldwin was quick to pick up work for the senile stranger that owned the farm, hardly any words would exchange between him and Wallace. He did not mind the work, he even embraced it. He woke each day early and finished each one late, having the stability and pay for the stability was enough for him. He as well began to make acquaintances, having to run errands he would start to become familiar with some of the rather hidden locals. Another acquaintance he had spun up along the way was the man’s daughter, Melody. The pale girl was shy yet interested in watching Aldwin from the start of his work, and the two eventually began to talk. This would usually come in as Melody would watch him work the fields, and eventually led to her bringing him water and extra food in the nights. Their friendship had spiralled into a small romance eventually, for Melody long before it was apparent to Aldwin, and would spiral into an even deeper decision.

A year and another season would pass over to a new spring, Melody having grown into a woman’s body by the time and Aldwin becoming more disinterested with his work on the farm. He was not ready to give up his life as a farmhand, and he had once more regained his individuality, and even a spec of confidence once again. Night terrors of egregious actions that had once ruled over him had vanished away as now only a distaste for Melody’s father became his worry. After seeing the girl black eyed only a week after she had once been punished, he had been tired of watching the trapped woman be thwarted. So, his individuality moved him one night. In a split decision, he took a large bundle of stock, their largest wagon, and a horse to take with him. The last thing he would bring with him was Melody, with her consenting after a deal of convincing. The two of them had eventually made off that night, and likely to not make a return.

The next year Aldwin and Melody would spend trying to find somewhere to settled, as well as becoming wed that summer past. Aldwin managed to regain a sense of identity with his newly found wife, and now sought out to settle for himself. Foreign to the idea of free will, Aldwin became a somewhat identified person throughout the journey, picking up odd jobs more frequently and being able to keep the two of them afloat. Aldwin, however, was nowhere near developed. His sense of morality, personality, and identity was still hardly intact and just beginning to take shape. The two are now met with the very beginnings of their free life, having walked entirely separate paths before then. They journey today toward Storm’s Landing, with little but enough stock to keep them fed for a while and a small amount of coin to keep them going. Only time will tell what they find there.

Last edited:

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Give me a moment to look over

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
I'm sorry I couldn't tend to this. I've become a bit busy. I'll be relieving the duty to another mentor.

Tempy_

Insert Custom Title here
Tempy_
Tempy_
Hey there! Sorry for the ever so long wait, I'll be taking over this application from here. My compliments on the writing and the depths and lengths you have gone through to secure me with a good read, I highly appreciate it. For that reason, and the fact that nothing seems wrong with your application in my eyes, I will happily allow you in on HollowWorld!

A quick sidenote, just to clarify for you; though we allow a small level of skill coming out from backstories, we obviously prefer it if characters develop themselves on the server in most ways. Thus, with his past of fighting in the pits, you are more than free to say he is 'better than the common man' at a good fist fight in a bar, but no more than that in case he does ever stumble upon a fight in his first days on the server. We do not allow skills to be highly developed within a character's backstory, to prevent people going "Yeah but my character can easily beat your OOC 5-year old character who's been trained by great knights which you've put hours of roleplay into, because my character was trained by a giant in his backstory!". As long as that much is clear, I'll be happy to welcome you to HollowWorld!

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

cheesehed

Villager
Thanks Tempy_ ! Aldwin's brawling and survivability are key parts of the character that I use to express him a lot and thank you for understanding. I will be sure this is toned down appropriately and do not seek just to "one-up" my character by any means. I'll be sure to read through all these as you do Kas' app. :)

Tempy_

Insert Custom Title here
Tempy_
Tempy_
Thanks Tempy_ ! Aldwin's brawling and survivability are key parts of the character that I use to express him a lot and thank you for understanding. I will be sure this is toned down appropriately and do not seek just to "one-up" my character by any means. I'll be sure to read through all these as you do Kas' app. :)
One ahead of you, already been handled. And I am glad to hear, I cannot wait to meet you both on HollowWorld and roleplay with either of you!