Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Eddard_Stark's Application (Mrk. II) [Approved - Snerus]

Eddard_Stark

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
The_Rich_Panda
2. How old are you?
Fourteen
3. What country are you from?
Currently living in the U.S
4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yeppers, Though I'll have to be reading a lot more lore than what I read.
5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Powergaming- Having no limit on power, also not letting other Players' deciding their actions, Example
Bobby stabbed billy before he could do anything
Metagaming- Thinking outside of Character's mind during RP, for instance, Oh, I heard this dude say in OOC chat that this is the right way, so let's go this way.
6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No idea what that is. I'm gonna say no.
7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Niko
8. Tell us about yourself!
The Game Of Thrones Bingenator, Though that is not the only fantasy I know about, Basically, I'm a big fan of GoT, LotR and some others, I enjoy writing short stories and I am currently working on a longer book than my usual book length but it is far from being finished
9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Not as of now, though I may well share some snippets of the book I'm writing.
10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Google
About Your Character!
Character Name
:
Raviss (Pronounced Ray-Vis) Goldur
Character Age:
Character Race:
Human
Appearance:
long Black-Grey Hair and Dark, Brown Eyes, Pale White skin, fairly strong build, missing three finger nails (Reason yet to be discovered)
(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!
Raviss sat on the side of the deck, a wineskin perched in one hand and a knife in the other. It had been a rough journey to get onto this boat, and Raviss did not like the way he had gotten on the boat
"So Lad, How did yer get inta this miserable state?"
Raviss' eyes flicked up for a moment, surveying the man who had just addressed him. Raviss knew his type, annoying
"It's a long story."
Ignoring the attempt to close the conversation, the man continued.
"We have time."
Raviss looked up, he had a mild headache and he didn't feel like talking that much and he had half a mind to throw this man off the boat, no, he knew better than that.
"I don't think you understood the hint I gave you, I don't want to talk about it."
The man sighed, He bent down and pulled a bottle full of amber liquid from a box.
"I guess you don't want any of this fine whiskey..."
the man grinned, taking a long sip of his precious beverage.
Raviss glanced at the man.
"Did you really think that would work?"
Raviss looked at his feet, shaking his head at the stupidity of the man
"Um... Yes"
Raviss sighed.
"Its been a long day, I'd appreciate some quite time."
The man let out a moan of annoyance.
"Are yeh seriously gonna ignore meh like tha'?"
Raviss glared at the man, he bounced up from were he had been seated and lifted the man up by the scruff of his neck, breathing heavily and spitting on the ugly, misshapen face that was just in front of him.
"I said leave me ALONE! Do y' hear me? ALONE!"
Raviss gasped and sat the man down gently, he turned his head away, fed up with himself
"I'm, I'm sorry, I think I should go somewhere else..."
Raviss ran off, as he went to some other place, god knows where, he realized, he had given to many emotions away, the man knew he had something to hide and would keep pestering him about it...
God, If only he hadn't done it.
If only he had kept his promise.

Flashback
The 22 year old man, Raviss, was perched upon a tree stump, watching the two boys hack at each other with training swords.
"Your Father taught you well."
The boys stopped at their fight and looked over to Raviss.
"Not as well as he taught you."
Raviss chuckled, jumped up and stretched.
"He'll teach you as he taught me in good time, don't you two worry about that."
The younger of the two turned his head away to start packing up his gear.
Raviss promised his former mentor he would take his children out into the woods, and Raviss had done so. They were deep into the massive forest by now, and it was obvious Devis, the younger son, wanted to go home.
"I hope your right."
Raviss turned his head away.
"We should head back!"
The young man gathered up his gear and sheathed his sword.
They were interrupted on their journey towards the keep by a man riding towards them.
"Hail, Sir Raviss!"
Raviss waved.
"Please, Don't flatter me with titles, I'm no Knight."
The man slid off his horse, panting.
"It's Lord Rupe, The childrens' father..."
'I know the man,"
Raviss replied, gazing at the squire.
"he was my mentor, what of him?"
"He's dead"

(OOC- I want to build up this character, meaning reveal his past bit by bit during the game, Hopefully this is better that the last one.)

Last edited:

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Hello there Eddard_Stark -

I've made my my initial review of your application and sadly I cannot accept it at this time, however, I'm not denying it; Instead I've made a list of things that need to be fixed so I can make another review of it.

- I'd ask you go more into detail with your definition of Powergaming and Metagaming.
- Please go over the mentor list again, Arcana isn't an mentor.
- You test isn't at the minimum word count requirement (361 words out of 400)

Please review and fix.

Warm Regards;
-Paint

Snerus

I didn't do it for the 'Gram, I did it for Gotham
I'm so terribly sorry this application has gone without a response for so long. If you are still lingering around, you have my utmost apologies for inconvenience between response times. I'm sorry to report that even after the wait, there's still outstanding errors in your application.

Firstly, the powergaming definition is still off-kilter. Please familiarize yourself with the server definition of powergaming, on our Survival Guide in the Roleplaying section.

Secondly, please list a mentor from our roster that is not me or Paint, as we'd like to make sure you know where to find a list of our mentors.

Otherwise, your test looks fine, though I'd encourage a few fixes in grammatical errors.

Eddard_Stark

Villager
I'm so terribly sorry this application has gone without a response for so long. If you are still lingering around, you have my utmost apologies for inconvenience between response times. I'm sorry to report that even after the wait, there's still outstanding errors in your application.

Firstly, the powergaming definition is still off-kilter. Please familiarize yourself with the server definition of powergaming, on our Survival Guide in the Roleplaying section.

Secondly, please list a mentor from our roster that is not me or Paint, as we'd like to make sure you know where to find a list of our mentors.

Otherwise, your test looks fine, though I'd encourage a few fixes in grammatical errors.
D-D-Done!!!

Snerus

I didn't do it for the 'Gram, I did it for Gotham
Thank you for making the changes I've requested! Your application looks good to go!

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.