Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Evacuate the Sorrows

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Normally there's a heads up of the sorrows being deleted, then a new one is made either immediately or in a week or 2, generally people are given 1 month to evacuate their items~
kay kay thank you! ^.^
Now I can sleep peacefully

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
The way I understood it is that the Dockmaster just stopped sailing there. He then sails to an alternate location.
(This was said in OOC so I'm not entirely positive)
This is pretty much it- the world is a LOT bigger than the Northern Kingdoms (I can't say how big because I don't really know), all I know is that the sorrows is to the south-

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
This is pretty much it- the world is a LOT bigger than the Northern Kingdoms (I can't say how big because I don't really know), all I know is that the sorrows is to the south-
Nothern Kingdoms [North duh]
Sorrows [South]
Kavdek [west]
Endless ocean [East]

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Marr, I order you in three weeks to travel every inch of the sorrows and raid every underwater dungeon in sight. And loot all of the prismerine and sea lanterns.
@Ddaug02 @Sir_Ashington @Kyle1322 @mokwar @Landem FUR DUH 3MPURE !!!

EDIT: Also, if Dummy payed for the service when it was legal, he would still recieveit? Like other donators still recieve fly. and pocket dimensions.

Like if someone were to own an AR-16, and then a ban on AR-16 was issued, they could still keep it because it was legal at the time bought?

Sassy

Lord of Altera
Legend
SewSassy
SewSassy
Legend
Marr, I order you in three weeks to travel every inch of the sorrows and raid every underwater dungeon in sight. And loot all of the prismerine and sea lanterns.
Actually, if everyone was to leave the ocean temples standing, guardians will keep spawning- and guardians drop prismarine shards, crystals, etc. So it wouldn't be worth it to destroy them.
EDIT: Source

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good

EDIT: Also, if Dummy payed for the service when it was legal, he would still recieveit? Like other donators still recieve fly. and pocket dimensions.

Like if someone were to own an AR-16, and then a ban on AR-16 was issues, they could still keep it because it was legal at the time bought?
Aaaah, I like /punish.

@ptiber

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera

Like if someone were to own an AR-16, and then a ban on AR-16 was issued, they could still keep it because it was legal at the time bought?
WELL-
Actually, that would be the case, but the carry-over of sorrows chunks was a subscriber only perk, and subscribtions were cancelled when EULA came into power was enforced, so they're no longer being paid. Logically, we should've removed the player rank, but I think we kept it because the staff secretly love yellow. (But to be fair, it is a VERY pretty colour)

TL;DR: People aren't paying subscribtions anymore, no longer receiving certain perks

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
WELL-
Actually, that would be the case, but the carry-over of sorrows chunks was a subscriber only perk, and subscribtions were cancelled when EULA came into power was enforced, so they're no longer being paid. Logically, we should've removed the player rank, but I think we kept it because the staff secretly love yellow. (But to be fair, it is a VERY pretty colour)

TL;DR: People aren't paying subscribtions anymore, no longer receiving certain perks
Ahh, if people aren't paying i see the case (Yellow is a VERY purdy color)

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
If you ARE still being charged, that's something we need to know.
Also, this is THE most pointless, reaching simile I've seen in a long time. Was it really necessary?

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
If you ARE still being charged, that's something we need to know.

Also, this is THE most pointless, reaching simile I've seen in a long time. Was it really necessary?
I was under the impression that Dummy was still paying subscriber yet can't recieve benifits because of EULA.

But i thought Dummy had paid for the service before the EUla was in effect, therefore legally he should still recieve it.

And the only similar case because I'm knowledgeable on the matter, was my example.
Guns bought before any ban, are legal to own, however if bought afterwards it is illegal to own.

(from what i thought previously)
Dummy bought his service before the Eula Ban, therefore he can legally still receive it.

To the necessity of the statement, I just thought Dummy should keep his castle, its Iconic now, really. So I supported it.

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
Nothern Kingdoms [North duh]
Sorrows [South]
Kavdek [west]
Endless ocean [East]
taking into account how planets work and the size of the one that we know has life on it, then there will be a large amount of landmass somewhere is every direction

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
I was under the impression that Dummy was still paying subscriber yet can't recieve benifits because of EULA.

But i thought Dummy had paid for the service before the EUla was in effect, therefore legally he should still recieve it.

And the only similar case because I'm knowledgeable on the matter, was my example.
Guns bought before any ban, are legal to own, however if bought afterwards it is illegal to own.

(from what i thought previously)
Dummy bought his service before the Eula Ban, therefore he can legally still receive it.

To the necessity of the statement, I just thought Dummy should keep his castle, its Iconic now, really. So I supported it.
I didn't think it really held water, nor was it appropriate.

And subscribers "bought" their service every month, repeating. Lapse of that forfeited their perks. With the EULA change, we did away with the rank as purchasable/chargeable, so no one is currently "buying" that service anymore, but let folks keep most of the perks, like pockets, fly, title colors, and mychunks, homes, stuff like that, because in our mind it's not y'all's fault the EULA changed. And Mojang did say that stuff before would not be messed with. What we did not keep was the "salary," or this, as those are new instances of the former service, which we decided was just not worth trying to argue in case Mojang came at us with a lawyerhammer.

Does that make sense?

EDIT: (Sally says EULA enforcement, but I say change- Sally is the one who is correct, I'm just speaking Som-think)

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
I didn't think it really held water, nor was it appropriate.

And subscribers "bought" their service every month, repeating. Lapse of that forfeited their perks. With the EULA change, we did away with the rank as purchasable/chargeable, so no one is currently "buying" that service anymore, but let folks keep most of the perks, like pockets, fly, title colors, and mychunks, homes, stuff like that, because in our mind it's not y'all's fault the EULA changed. And Mojang did say that stuff before would not be messed with. What we did not keep was the "salary," or this, as those are new instances of the former service, which we decided was just not worth trying to argue in case Mojang came at us with a lawyerhammer.

Does that make sense?

EDIT: (Sally says EULA enforcement, but I say change- Sally is the one who is correct, I'm just speaking Som-think)
Agree to disagree on the appropriateness, but for the sake to save us from an argument I'll drop the matter.

dogbew

Lord of Altera
I honestly don't think the EULA is going to be enforced, all in all it will come down to what happens when a company tries to add DRM to a game, someone will find a way around it. I can, however see the benefits in complying with it.