Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Faction Territory Borders

Goldengem25

The Kingdom Crusher
Also; there be an intrusion on Engem territory which defiles the Jungle Bound treaty you signed. Though, I like Gaby's idea. If I'm honest though, Engem're pretty much taking up the vacuum of where people don't live and former Arcturian lands; as well as claiming the Earkz'dok kingdom.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Just another thing we tried to do previously before too many people disagreeing ended up torpedoing it.

Check previous exodus and attempts to set up geopolitical borders.
ehhhhhh.
its better than people drawing squiggles all over a map IMO

(like, I think Ironside should reconsider their territory, being in such close proximity to House Marr.
Marr kinda sorta holds the remnants of the entire Arcturus fleet.)

Verfumbo

I think I might like it here
It's my house. I live there.

I am being eminently polite. Do not attempt to claim what is mine, as yours.
In the treaty we settled that we can expand 1000 blocks west of the jungle boundary and the engems agreed to this.

Goldengem25

The Kingdom Crusher
In the treaty we settled that we can expand 1000 blocks west of the jungle boundary and the engems agreed to this.
We said you can't expand west beyond the jungle, but could do whatever Northwards. Doesn't mean we consent to you owning all the jungle. Plus the fact his hideout doesn't come under the jungle, nor do the mountains :p

Verfumbo

If you impeign on my long, long held neutrality, I am no longer bound to be neutral.
I consider this senatoor land, it is in the jungle mostly, you have cut into the jungle at the most important passage, i do not recognise this as yours.
altera map (2).jpg

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
vikings are so reasonable. look at them. over in Avanor. not bothering anyone.
Why thank you, though I refute the viking part. Lore, bro, lore.
I'd juuust like to point out that Naelwyn's territory is, ICly and OOCly, claimed land uninvolved in either Engem or Senatoor affairs.

As such, said land has RPly been scouted, claimed and built on by real players, real characters, not NPCs of a House or faction's territory, and cannot belong to you.

And, by the rules in place concerning NPCs, and by extension the rules in place concerning claiming territories, you can't actually just say that another player's land belongs to you without direct, in-game, in-character action doing so with their OOC consent to such.

Which I would comically advise against on the grounds that, well, marching onto people's land all guns blazing and planting down a flag does not tend to bring out the best in your adversaries...

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I've been peacefully living in my home since the exodus.

You might want to check with...

lots of people...

before you continue your present course of action.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
@Verfumbo - I live there too. It has been claimed since the Exodus and we own the immediate region of mountain range. There are in-game regions split between us covering this ground.

We are not obligated to remain neutral as we have and if you are declaring war on the turf of Vigils Rest (Land of Naelwyn and Tzemik), then we will happily respond.

How about you kindly withdraw Senatoors' borders from our characters land and we end this in a peaceful manner?

Verfumbo

how about a system to, quote-on-quote, "calculate" the sphere of influence of certain factions in Altera?

start with that Altera map, then mark every single (occupied, not ruined) city in Altera.
figure out which houses, if any, own those cities, which houses have that city as their main base of operations.

take the number of characters living in those cities, combine it with an estimated number of the sort of resources it would take to upkeep the structures in that city (castle? needs servants. farmland? needs farmers. library? librarians. etc, etc), and you'd get an estimate of the approximate population of the region around the city.
which will give you an idea of what piece of the surrounding land that city controls.

and of course, how much power the faction has in RP would tie into how much land it owns.

then take into account the surrounding cities, what their controlled land might be like. if a neighboring city has a grander population and sphere of influence, then it may very well be that one House technically has power over the other, especially if the houses are friendly to each other or very close by. then you would say the territories of those two houses are merged.

say for example, House Hansdotter, owning the secret haven of Falandraal.
Falandraal barely qualifies as a town. more like an extended underground house. the number of characters currently living in Falandraal is about 5, give or take, and there are so few "houses" (rooms, honestly), that the number of possible invisible background villagers is like, 10, if there even are any.

the territory surrounding Falandraal is, however, untouched wilderness. reasonably, House Hansdotter could easily claim half the jungle as its territory, especially as there is no one living there who would reasonably object.

except, there is one problem.
Aellyr.
Aellyr belongs to House Senatoor. if I am correct, Senatoor was a vassalage of the Arcturus Empire, who founded Aellyr at the foot of the river in these untouched jungles.
House Senatoor has existed for longer than House Hansdotter. Aellyr is an older city, one with an established, sizeable population. though this population likely lives within the bounds of Aellyr itself, I have little doubts House Senatoor has claimed most of the jungle as their territory, given that it is easy for them to do so. after all, practically no one lives in the jungle.

thus, in making the map of House Hansdotter's "Borders"...
View attachment 49184

there are none. all their land belongs to House Senatoor, and Hansdotter is technically a vassal of Senatoor.

I believe there may be other houses who, by a combination of proximity, lack of influence, and friendly relations, might do well to consider themselves vassals of grander houses.

also, correct me if I'm wrong, but since the Engem hold a general disdain for other nations, I do not think it's unreasonable that they would disrespect other countries' borders. they are an influential "House", and their population is, frankly, massive. their territory would easily overlap with the territories of other kingdoms, as they have systematically distanced themselves from the rat-race of feudalism, anyways.

EDIT: @Verfumbo dangit! quit sniping me with your Senatoor Land map *grumble mutter*
I would only accept that if the passage to the south west was not owned by the engems, they are intruding into the jungle stupidly close to Aellyr

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Why thank you, though I refute the viking part. Lore, bro, lore.
your character is a Jarl, and she lives in a snowy kingdom.
no matter how much lore you throw at me, I will always think of vikings.
that, and the Nords from Skyrim. who are basically vikings.

I can't help it vikings are so cool.

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
your character is a Jarl, and she lives in a snowy kingdom.
no matter how much lore you throw at me, I will always think of vikings.
that, and the Nords from Skyrim. who are basically vikings.

I can't help it vikings are so cool.
"Inspired by, not based on!"

:D

Gaby

Lord of Altera
I would only accept that if the passage to the south west was not owned by the engems, they are intruding into the jungle stupidly close to Aellyr
if you are declaring war on the turf of Vigils Rest (Land of Naelwyn and Tzemik), then we will happily respond.

How about you kindly withdraw Senatoors' borders from our characters land and we end this in a peaceful manner?
*grabs popcorn*
mates.
we have a war
and it doesn't involve dieties
just a good-ol-fashioned turf war!

Verfumbo

I will only accept the Jungle area of the southern passage under senatoor rule, the lake and anything outside of the jungle i dont really care for at the moment.