Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

FAQ - New Map

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Curious how island chains will be handled. Arget for example is right now a single island with designs to expand to the surrounding islands. Will we have our entire island chain dragged and dropped as parts of the build are dependent on the geography such as the sea wall. Will the single island that Arget currently on be dragged and dropped whole sale next to another small island chain etc?

I understand a lot of this will have to be based on how we handle WE's over such as priority given to who etc. Its fine if you don't have a solid answer now but Arget is really the only build me and Lady Alec own that we're concerned about.

Mryosi

Lord of Altera
The query is about builds that are integrated into the land that surrounds them. Examples : Hound Ru, Legion's place, Thiil

-K9
Exactly.

Mmmkay, though there's a way to copy a building with little terrain right? Like we aren't going to copy whole terrains because that'd likely end up bad looking, a better looking way is to copy the buildings you really want and place them in certain areas and not drag and drop em.
This is exactly why I'm asking for WE. So I wouldn't need to take the entire terrain with me for reginos which used to be on mountain tops and had a river going through them. For example, Silverwatch.

Warwolf

Alteran Cryptid and Renowned Hat-wearer
Staff member
Admin
In-Game Tech Staff
Legend
WarWolf_1
WarWolf_1
Legend
*Island Stuff*
It's the same boat with Aeroch Nor spread out over multiple seastacks at all different levels, underground, sea and on top of. I'd really like to know how this is handled, as in honesty. I would find it best if it were all just copied over as a whole. The way the islands are connected cannot even account for shifting of positions. It's entirely terrain dependent.

Warwolf

Staff member
Admin
In-Game Tech Staff
Legend
WarWolf_1
WarWolf_1
Legend

you wanna bring this gigantic monster over?

*sweats*
Do you have an issue with that?
The town was already restarted when it was brought over to this world.
[Here Be Ye Olde Aeroch]
WorldMap.JPG
I would rather not restart a second time.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
i have many issues with that

1. it's not very aesthetically pleasing

2. it's ridiculously large

3. it's a challenge to WE over

4. it won't fit in the new map

sometimes it's best to let something die

Warwolf

Staff member
Admin
In-Game Tech Staff
Legend
WarWolf_1
WarWolf_1
Legend
1. it's not very aesthetically pleasing.
2. it's ridiculously large.
3. it's a challenge to WE over.
4. it won't fit in the new map.
1. That is your opinion. One I, and I would imagine others disagree with, as per our own opinions.
2. Unfortunately, that's how the town was built.
3. It can be completed, heck- Use MC Edit to manually open the World file with a Third Party program. Saves WE crashes.
4. We haven't seen the new map, let alone being told the new map is even larger, if anything that further implies there will be more space to fit it.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
1. That is your opinion. One I, and I would imagine others disagree with, as per our own opinions.
2. Unfortunately, that's how the town was built.
3. It can be completed, heck- Use MC Edit to manually open the World file with a Third Party program. Saves WE crashes.
4. We haven't seen the new map, let alone being told the new map is even larger, if anything that further implies there will be more space to fit it.
1. it's many people's opinions
2. i'm glad you agree
3. you don't deny it's a challenge then
4. it won't fit visually

Warwolf

Staff member
Admin
In-Game Tech Staff
Legend
WarWolf_1
WarWolf_1
Legend
We could argue back and forth on this topic all day if we felt it. But I'd much rather not. So how about we leave it until we know more about the new map, hmm?

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
we could know next to nothing about the new map and still know that aeroch nor doesn't fit
but ok

bodejodel

Reaching for the Heavens
Retired Staff
bodejodel
bodejodel
And yet, if it meets all the transfer rules that are going to be set for the coming move, it will be coming with us!

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Cap, there is no need for 'aggressiveness' (thats how I assume others might see it)
I understand that some areas might not look 100% when mixed into the new map, but that's only a small issue.
It's a giant map and even on the current map, many have never even seen certain locations like bodejodel 's place and Aeroch Nor.

It's a giant if a project that consumed a great many hours.
It's clear that War respects your opinion, please return the favour.

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
Even if your build is really really ugly the map is so huge that everyone else can just pretend it doesn't exist.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
What do I do about my secret tunnel to the land of jams?

In all seriousness.

Vigil's Rest contains numerous secret tunnels concealing numerous vaults, magical secrets, and one way access routes to deep mountain tunneling projects that require maxed out acrobatics to survive the trip down, bolt holes, and fortifications built into the mountain and making it one hell of a lethal surprise that I've somewhat spoiled.

I don't really see a way to preserve this without a chunkcopy.

(Not including the Wet Redhead Falls mountain boat flume ride.)

Last edited:

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
How has this already turned into an argument? Sheesh, people.

Onto a real question that may or may not have already been asked; will the building rules in the new world be stricter? Will staff have to 'approve' building areas and such? Will costs remain the same? (50k for noble, 50k for a region, and so on.) Will towns that have died out be allowed to WE over, or towns that just look terrible?

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
Will the building rules in the new world be stricter? Will staff have to 'approve' building areas and such? Will costs remain the same? (50k for noble, 50k for a region, and so on.)
yes please

Tempy_

Insert Custom Title here
Tempy_
Tempy_
Can the world be called "the center Kingdoms", and can I then transfer Reignfall over to the very middle/Center of the map, so I can say that Reignfall is literally the Center of the world?