Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

FAQ - New Map

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
Can the world be called "the center Kingdoms", and can I then transfer Reignfall over to the very middle/Center of the map, so I can say that Reignfall is literally the Center of the world?
shit ur onto my plan

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Can the world be called "the center Kingdoms", and can I then transfer Reignfall over to the very middle/Center of the map, so I can say that Reignfall is literally the Center of the world?
Well someone is desperate to be the center of attention

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
I say we call it Terra Nova
So long as we get dinosaurs then I'm down with this.

Serious question how many islands will there be/island chains? I'm aware most of the map is a single continent but rough count how many? I know myself and Warwolf are interested in porting over our towns which are island chains and Arget has always had plans to expand to the other islands around us. Just wondering if we can look forward to being able to do that rather safely or will it be a scramble to get best island property?

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
Serious question how many islands will there be/island chains? I'm aware most of the map is a single continent but rough count how many? I know myself and Warwolf are interested in porting over our towns which are island chains and Arget has always had plans to expand to the other islands around us. Just wondering if we can look forward to being able to do that rather safely or will it be a scramble to get best island property?
There are at least 5 islands approximately the size of the current Scourge continent, and loads more that are smaller.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
What do I do about my secret tunnel to the land of jams?

In all seriousness.

Vigil's Rest contains numerous secret tunnels concealing numerous vaults, magical secrets, and one way access routes to deep mountain tunneling projects that require maxed out acrobatics to survive the trip down, bolt holes, and fortifications built into the mountain and making it one hell of a lethal surprise that I've somewhat spoiled.

I don't really see a way to preserve this without a chunkcopy.

(Not including the Wet Redhead Falls mountain boat flume ride.)
I see that my question has been skipped over, and again, I reiterate in all seriousness, how do I avoid being completely screwed?

Because not only do I have my current build unworkable, but again, this was dropped with no warning on me while I was disassembling my old one.

So I will be losing every single thing I have ever built from this, and ain't nobody saying shit.

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
My region has a large portion underground. Will I be able to have this moved over?
Most likely - But it currently depends on location. If you get your region at a low level (ie, next to the coast, on a beach), your underground may not have the room. We'll see.
Is there a reason why it wouldn't be possible WEing the underground sections? I can't see any from our end, though adjustments might need to be made, terrain depending.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Is there a reason why it wouldn't be possible WEing the underground sections?
You're literally not reading my post. I have been staff on this server for multiple years, I know the limitations of freaking world edit. I am not on an island, I have built things specifically into the precise mountain chain I am in, including working with the river and lake.

I was asking what else I could possibly work out or trying to evaluate what my options were, not get a canned message back.

Remember, I have already gotten screwed once over by nobody telling me there was a hard map change coming /while I was disassembling the build I could easily transfer over./

ZephyrsAsIs.PNG
ZephyrsNow.PNG

Last edited:

bodejodel

Reaching for the Heavens
Retired Staff
bodejodel
bodejodel
Warwolf only needs a big piece of ocean, no existing islands are needed for that.

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
You're literally not reading my post. I have been staff on this server for multiple years, I know the limitations of freaking world edit. I am not on an island, I have built things specifically into the precise mountain chain I am in, including working with the river and lake.

I was asking what else I could possibly work out or trying to evaluate what my options were, not get a canned message back.

Remember, I have already gotten screwed once over by nobody telling me there was a hard map change coming /while I was disassembling the build I could easily transfer over./

View attachment 74130
View attachment 74131
My question was sincere, not snarky; I was asking to find out more information because I didn't understand your situation.

We're going to work with every region owner, including you, to bring builds into the new map. This involves all regions that contain complex underground/terrain-reliant aspects, including yours. Adjustments will likely need to be made; the new world is shallower than our current one, but the mountains reach just as high.

The amount of editing needed will depend on the place you choose to settle. The depth of your build is not a problem in terms of finding a place to fit it, but you will likely need to rework your current designs to better suit their new environment. Right now, that's the information you're getting, because that's the extent of what we know.

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
meanwhile I contemplate why certain things are even allowed to be WE'd over.

I'm not saying peoples work didn't matter- but if its an exodus/mass extraction, guys, stuff ain't following and cities can't fly. I'm sorry- but that's just the blunt fact.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single

I'm not saying peoples work didn't matter- but if its an exodus/mass extraction, guys, stuff ain't following and cities can't fly. I'm sorry- but that's just the blunt fact.
Blueprints for buildings still exist.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff

Should clarify: Yes, there will be a mechanism to move regions over to the new map, don't panic.

There is no reason to stop working on current regions.
There's a mechanism to explain it from what I understand.

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
So long as we get dinosaurs then I'm down with this.

I love how the title says complete series when it only lasted one season I believe.

bodejodel

Reaching for the Heavens
Retired Staff
bodejodel
bodejodel

How would you feel if you were told your character who you had for years wasn't allowed into the new world?

There are people who are here purely for RP and don't even own a home or region. They do however, still make extensive use of the buildings built by others. Then there are people who RP and have also spent a considerable amount of time into their buildings. For some of them, the building aspect actually is an important part of their characters life. We also have people who are mainly builders, after all, this is Minecraft.
Most of the buildings are built to last, people did not expect a new map.
If you don't consider bringing people's work over to the new map, many of these builders will abandon the server. For them, it is comparable to telling an avid roleplayer his beloved character, who he has carefully developed and shaped, can't come to the new map and he has to kill it.

It has been like this with every move. My island has been transferred from an older map before and has been a work in progress for over 4 years. My character is bound to that build. This is the case for many people. There have always been IC explanations for how buildings would reappear in the new map. Will it be unrealistic? Sure, but this is a medieval - fantasy- role playing server.