Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Favorite Total War?

Favorite Total War Game?

• Shogun: Total War

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Medieval: Total War

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Rome: Total War

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Spartan: Total War

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Empire: Total War

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Napoleon: Total War

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Total War: Shogun 2

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Medieval II: Total War

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters

shizzel2442

Loyal Servant of Altera
I just recently got Medieval II, and was wondering what others favorites were.

My favorite is Shogun (the first one)

Jinx

Lord of Altera
I should really buy Rome and medival, but I like shogun so I may like the others too. :D

JDMcNugget

Lord of Altera
I'm glad and disappointed at the same time. I'm glad to see there is other Total War fans out there but disappointed in the selection. There is tons more TW's, here is the list (not including older expansions):
-Shogun TW
-Medieval TW
-Rome TW + BI and Alexander Expansion
-Medieval II TW + Kingdoms Expansion
-Empire TW
-Napoleon TW
-Shogun II TW

My favorite is Medieval II, just for playability sake. If you're a big Total War fan there is plenty of very well made Mods out there, Roma Surrectum II for example.

shizzel2442

Loyal Servant of Altera
I'm glad and disappointed at the same time. I'm glad to see there is other Total War fans out there but disappointed in the selection. There is tons more TW's, here is the list (not including older expansions):
-Shogun TW
-Medieval TW
-Rome TW + BI and Alexander Expansion
-Medieval II TW + Kingdoms Expansion
-Empire TW
-Napoleon TW
-Shogun II TW

My favorite is Medieval II, just for playability sake. If you're a big Total War fan there is plenty of very well made Mods out there, Roma Surrectum II for example.
I know! I said I dun goofed. I have multiple total wars..
I accidentaly pressed enter when creating the options in the poll.

shizzel2442

Loyal Servant of Altera
What do you need changing?
I'd like to add more options to the poll.

Shogun: Total War
Shogun Expansion: Mongol Invasion
Medieval: Total War
Medieval Expansion: Viking Invasion
Rome: Total War
Rome Expansion: Barbarian Invasion
Rome Expansion: Alexander
Spartan: Total Warrior
Medieval II: Total War
Medieval II Expansion: Kingdoms
Empire: Total War
Empire Expansion: Warpath
Napoleon: Total War
Total War: Shogun 2

JustShadow

Zalenfal Guardian
Fixed it.
There weren't enough options to add the expansions though, but I'd include that in the original game.

Dauntless001

Loyal Servant of Altera
I am very surprised to see that Empire and Napoleon aren't being as liked as much as I thought they would be, I absolutely adore those two games, set in my favourite period of history, has epic naval battles and some very well worked land battles too.

Also as an Englishman a game that gives me a chance to beat 'the old enemy' France will always be excellent in my opinion.

on a side note I am eagerly awaiting the upcoming expansion for Shogun 2, it looks incredible.

JDMcNugget

Lord of Altera
I am very surprised to see that Empire and Napoleon aren't being as liked as much as I thought they would be
Actually I was a big fan of Empire Total War, especially the Warpath Expansion. Being Aboriginal myself made Warpath one of my favorite DLC's.

shizzel2442

Loyal Servant of Altera
I'm playing as Scotland in Mediveal II right now. (I still have my FREEEEEEDOOOOOOOM!!!)
I've played every total war, except for Empire. Should I get it?

Dauntless001

Loyal Servant of Altera
That depends Shizzel, do you have any interest in the Napoleonic era?

It was buggy as hell when it first came out but I believe it to be almost completely fixed now, I will say if you get it there is an awful lot of new things to get used to from the use of agents such as gentlemen to progress ideas in a research tree, to the land battle tactics and controllable naval warfare.

I am biased in my opinion here but seeing two armies full of musket armed infantry clash is rather excellent to behold.

shizzel2442

Loyal Servant of Altera
That depends Shizzel, do you have any interest in the Napoleonic era?

It was buggy as hell when it first came out but I believe it to be almost completely fixed now, I will say if you get it there is an awful lot of new things to get used to from the use of agents such as gentlemen to progress ideas in a research tree, to the land battle tactics and controllable naval warfare.

I am biased in my opinion here but seeing two armies full of musket armed infantry clash is rather excellent to behold.
The Napoleonic era doesn't really hold a specific interest for me, but I love history in general, so I'll try it!

OlafStronghammer

Lord of Altera
I love this series of games they are the genre defining, gold standard in strategy war games. I voted Empire but I meant to do Napoleon. I love the global scale of those although both Medieval I and II were also great. Wasn't a big fan of the Shogun series.
I liked to sit back and pound the enemy with mortars / cannon then go in for the kill. I would usually play England but I tried a lot of different nations. My game on Napoleon I was the Hindu empire and got it as far as taking all of the Americas too. Must admit the game could get boring towards the end when there was no challenge left in taking the rest of the map and it was only a matter of time.
I never completed the campaign within the allotted moves once either.