Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Favorite Total War?

Favorite Total War Game?

• Shogun: Total War

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Medieval: Total War

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Rome: Total War

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Spartan: Total War

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Empire: Total War

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Napoleon: Total War

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Total War: Shogun 2

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Medieval II: Total War

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters

shizzel2442

Loyal Servant of Altera
I love this series of games they are the genre defining, gold standard in strategy war games. I voted Empire but I meant to do Napoleon. I love the global scale of those although both Medieval I and II were also great. Wasn't a big fan of the Shogun series.
I liked to sit back and pound the enemy with mortars / cannon then go in for the kill. I would usually play England but I tried a lot of different nations. My game on Napoleon I was the Hindu empire and got it as far as taking all of the Americas too. Must admit the game could get boring towards the end when there was no challenge left in taking the rest of the map and it was only a matter of time.
I never completed the campaign within the allotted moves once either.
AWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAAAAAAA INDIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAA!
No but seriously, you can play as India in Napoleon?

Dauntless001

Loyal Servant of Altera
You can play as the Maratha Confederacy of India in Empire Total War hiring hindu / sikh warriors and even Ghoorkas if you control Kashmir, its map spans Europe, India and the Americas.
Napoleon TW however it sticks to main land Europe and adds a lot of new units / methods of doing things.

JDMcNugget

Lord of Altera
I must be one of the few Shogun II fans. Quite frankly there are few things to me that top seeing an army of Samurai battling for their lives in hand-to-hand combat on the shallow bed of a river. Fantastic game overall except for one feature that may have ruined the experience (for me at least), the Realm Divide. In my opinion it was very close to being my favorite Total War.

What can I say really, I love all the Total Wars too much to choose..

Dauntless001

Loyal Servant of Altera
Realm Divide.
Arrrggggggghhhh! just thinking of that is making me angry, going from a very stable and secure position with many strong allies to having everyone turn on you and your trade routes cut off / raided within a few turns is ridiculous. I found myself capturing regions and restoring clans to them in order to make them my vassals so I had someone to trade with.

Also Takeda ftw :)

OlafStronghammer

Lord of Altera
Aye Maharatha confederacy it was that i played. There is also an option to be an ancient Islamic culture in India and i believe there was one other option for the continent too but i forget their religion. Its the global scale of Empire TW that made me love it and as Daunt said the much enhanced naval aspect too.
I am sure i had Napoleon or am i getting confused here and was there a Napoleon campaign / scenario in Empire also? Anyway all of these games are likely worth getting :)

Dauntless001

Loyal Servant of Altera
Napoleon has a campaign set in Egypt if that is what you are thinking of, set just after the battle of Aboukhir bay where Admiral Nelson blockaded the French expeditionary force and landed a 16,000 man strong force of his own.

As for the religions in Empire, the Ottomans in North Africa / middle East are Islamic and are a playable faction, the Mughal Empire is an islamic faction located in Northern India but is not playable. Aside from those its Catholicism, Protestant and Orthodox christianity.

Cromwell152

Loyal Servant of Altera
I like Medieval 2 the most, with Empire TW a close second. I liked the prisoner thing they di for Medieval, kinda gave a bit more of a "real" sense to it, other then they either killed everyone or they ran way. all in all i own all the TW games and have been a big fan for years :D

shizzel2442

Loyal Servant of Altera
So, anyone who wants to answer, who's pumped for rome 2: total war? (They did shogun, and rome must be done)

Cromwell152

Loyal Servant of Altera
i am, i just wonder how more in depth if at all they are going to make it. or what new ideas they have cooked up in there bag of tricks

JDMcNugget

Lord of Altera
I'm not sure if they will make Rome 2 anytime soon, due to the fact they are reliable with informing their fan base ahead of time. On that note, they will probably try to get as much money out of Shogun with all it's DLC's, before they begin or announce another Total War.

If they do make Rome II, I hope they greatly improve on the campaign map, options and try to move away from the Shogun/Empire/Napoleon style of campaign mechanics. Though if you want a Rome Total War 1.5, check out the Mod for the game called Roma Surrectum II. It's an immense step-up from the Vanilla Rome.
Link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=251

shizzel2442

Loyal Servant of Altera
I'm not sure if they will make Rome 2 anytime soon, due to the fact they are reliable with informing their fan base ahead of time. On that note, they will probably try to get as much money out of Shogun with all it's DLC's, before they begin or announce another Total War.

If they do make Rome II, I hope they greatly improve on the campaign map, options and try to move away from the Shogun/Empire/Napoleon style of campaign mechanics. Though if you want a Rome Total War 1.5, check out the Mod for the game called Roma Surrectum II. It's an immense step-up from the Vanilla Rome.
Link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=251
Well, I'm hoping for rome as their next full game. Can't wait till shogun is added to the "Total war pack" on steam. I'm just waiting for that, then I shall buy that pack with the fury of a thousand suns!!

Minecraft_King_

Lord of Altera
My favourite has to be tied between Napoleon and Shogun 2. I love the era of history in Napoleon and the gameplay in Shogun 2. About the Rome 2 game though, it will most likely not be released for another year or so, especially with the new expansion for Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai.

tottiepop

Villager
Total War for the win! :D Love them, medieval total war I was good, then II came out and blew me away! Quite cheap though? So good for the quality of it.