Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Game Of Crowns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spark

Broken
During War times, each side must have an even number of warriors.
If this is still the way of doing things then are coloured helmets needed? Some houses don't have a lot of members so they will only be able to use lets say 5 people, meaning all of the other sides will only be able to use 5 people?
Does this not ruin the point of having lots of active members? If this doesn't change then could we at least not have to wear leather helms? If there's only going to be a small amount of people it would be very hard to get confused.

Markisbeest

Lord of Altera
If this is still the way of doing things then are coloured helmets needed? Some houses don't have a lot of members so they will only be able to use lets say 5 people, meaning all of the other sides will only be able to use 5 people?
Does this not ruin the point of having lots of active members? If this doesn't change then could we at least not have to wear leather helms? If there's only going to be a small amount of people it would be very hard to get confused.
I think that it isn't limiting to the amount of people the smallest house has, but more to the size of the battlefield. IE: the map would be pretty fully with more then 40 people fighting, so only 10 people per house are allowed. Should a small house not have enough members they could always pay themselves silly to have mercenaries join them.

Kvothe

Guildmaster
Retired Staff
I think that it isn't limiting to the amount of people the smallest house has, but more to the size of the battlefield. IE: the map would be pretty fully with more then 40 people fighting, so only 10 people per house are allowed. Should a small house not have enough members they could always pay themselves silly to have mercenaries join them.
About that map, it could probably house 30 people before it gets crowded >.>

Markisbeest

Lord of Altera
That'd be silly. I'd have an even chance at winning the war with a 1 person house as with a 60 person house if that were true.

Karasu1996

Lord of Altera
That'd be silly. I'd have an even chance at winning the war with a 1 person house as with a 60 person house if that were true.
the odds are either way it will be uneven and unfair and to stop (sorry if this is rude) whiners, coming to us saying the other house brought 5 more people then them and were basically overpowered with no chance at all.

EDIT: though you guys may be thinking "well thats not realistic." this is a game, and minecraft at that, getting war any more realistic will be near impossible unless anyone else has an idea.

dracoboy2

Lord of Altera
This.
We need at least a cap on the minimum. For example 7, so that houses with very few don't control the number in battle. It is their fault if they can only muster few people. Quite frankly it also destroys chances for mercenaries and others to exploit exiting roleplay opportunities.

hshotwell

Lord of Altera
Don't even need mercanaries, that's just an unnessecary use of money wich let's my opponents use more of their members, In fact, I'm a pretty good pvper, I'll enter as just myself, turn all the battls into duels and hope I win (I'd say I have a decent chance in this case too)

Tomahawk777

King's Hand
the odds are either way it will be uneven and unfair and to stop (sorry if this is rude) whiners, coming to us saying the other house brought 5 more people then them and were basically overpowered with no chance at all.
But that's how war is...
Mostly the faction have more chances of wining then a little faction.
War is unfair. But noone is force to enter the GoC.
So if Lonmar could get 15 players on the battlefield and the enemy only 4, its not the problem of Lonmar, but the enemy, because they entered the game.
It's not a random thing that some houses have more players than others. Its much work to build up a House and organise it to be online at the right time. So I don't see the unfair point.

Kvothe

Guildmaster
Retired Staff
But that's how war is...
Mostly the faction have more chances of wining then a little faction.
War is unfair. But noone is force to enter the GoC.
So if Lonmar could get 15 players on the battlefield and the enemy only 4, its not the problem of Lonmar, but the enemy, because they entered the game.
It's not a random thing that some houses have more players than others. Its much work to build up a House and organise it to be online at the right time. So I don't see the unfair point.
However the war wouldn't be so much fun in a 15vs4, I do agree. Although I do thing a limit on the minimum amount of players should be set, just to make sure there's at least some fun in it. Find mercenaries, or other players who are willing to fight for you if you have only a few members. Or just don't join the GoC since, realistically, you wouldn't stand a chance.

Tomahawk777

King's Hand
I just see it from a lonmarian point of view. Since I joined Draco and his "crew" worked so hard on Stormhold/Avalon/Lonmar. When I joined Draco was really everyday online, built stuff, RP and organised stuff. Over 1 year we worked on getting the biggest House and Organisation of Altera. We won against Myrithas, Protaras, Caledonian.
I can't say how often I said to a new member "Here we have Stormhold's Church" or "And this is the great hall of Stormhold, with the throne of Jarl Draco Lonmar and seats for his council."
And now when we can harvest the fruit of our hard work, we shall make ourself little for Houses, that don't have that many members.

SobekRa

Lord of Altera
The game itself is rather short and does not offer that much fun anyways, why should it be designed even more boring by allowing any amount of soldiers on the field?

Tomahawk777

King's Hand
The game itself is rather short and does not offer that much fun anyways, why should it be designed even more boring by allowing any amount of soldiers on the field?
Because it RP and its realistic.
The battles are too important to make them fair and funny. Then Sally have to integrate some more point maker...

dracoboy2

Lord of Altera
Quite frankly, if you have that attitude, why are you involving yourself in it anyway. Obviously it doesn't meet your standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.