Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Game Of Crowns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Sally this idea too heavily favors the larger houses (Arduin, Lonmar, and Hawklight). We need to just stick with a eight to ten man teams (house members or mercenaries or both) to keep things simple; let's not over complicate this.
Complication is a totally invalid argument in this regard. There is nothing complicated about 8-5 ppl fielded at once with reserves nearby.

Limiting it to small teams to suit the desires of small Houses is silly. Large Houses have more resources and people because they work for it.
If small Houses want to focus on other things, thats fine, they are perfectly free to do that, but they should not expect total parity when something like this rolls around.
If everyone has to be totally equal, whats the point? Everyone in MC has exactly the same skills. (Mcmmo notwithstanding, but it is insignificant). The only way to track accomplishment in MC is through resources, which is essentially investment of time.
The Houses that have invested the most time should logically have the advantage. Not by some abuse, not by anything unfair, simply by the fact taht they worked for more things to use.

But that is not to say that small houses have no chances.
But small Houses should understand that they will need to form alliances.

Larger houses already have the advantage of having more money, more resources, more points and in most circumstances better pvpers. To allowed them to use their shear numbers to crush the smaller houses with waves of soldiers is just ludicrous and against the original intention of the rules as written. Being a big house means you start with a lot more points then the smaller houses, thus the pvp events are designed to give the smaller houses a literally fighting chance for the crown. We shouldn't over complicate this with an obnoxious amount of numbers, please keep this simple.
As I said, they worked for those resources, they didnt just recieve them magically.

The whole idea of the system I promoted was to ensure that a larger house couldnt simply overwhelm them with numbers. Yes, they will have more total troops, but at any one time on the field everyone has equal numbers.
If you play smart, heal between waves, have good equipment, and dont make silly mistakes, a team of 8 members can easily take down wave after wave of enemies.
Id be willing to bet you that if you gave me an Nael time to prepare, he and I alone could take down the entirety of Lonmar.

The intention never was (or at least shouldnt have been) total statistically even cances for all Houses of winning the war. Its a war for gods sake. Those who have put in the most time to get the most resources will logically have the advantage. The reason the system i have advocated works is because it still grants them this advantage, but in a way that allows smaller houses to have good chances if they are smart and work together.

And lastly, as I said, this system is hardly at all complicated.

Infernohawk

Lord of Altera
The purpose of this post is entirely so that I may receive notifications of future posts on this thread.

Also, Legion has good ideas.

Rawkiller

Lord of Altera
Crafter
Mystic
Rawkiller12
Rawkiller12
LegendMystic
Legion said:
Id be willing to bet you that if you gave me an Nael time to prepare, he and I alone could take down the entirety of Lonmar.

legion i would dearly love to see this because it is statistically impossible for two people to beat 12 people fully geared and ready to fight you you just wouldn't have the time that is required to heal wave after wave. when there being called right away to replace them.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Legion said:

legion i would dearly love to see this because it is statistically impossible for two people to beat 12 people fully geared and ready to fight you you just wouldn't have the time that is required to heal wave after wave. when there being called right away to replace them.
My current record kill time on my training partner wearing the absolute best possible armor able to be legitamately constructed and blessed with an enchanted golden apple is approximately 15 seconds.

Never say impossible.

Did I mention you can still hire me with a decent offer?

frank frappuccino

Lord of Altera
Legion said:

Yes but it's not like the magically appear right where the battle took place the walk from the "camp" to the "battlegrounds" has to be taken into account so it is very much possible

bodejodel

Reaching for the Heavens
Retired Staff
bodejodel
bodejodel
The purpose of this post is entirely so that I may receive notifications of future posts on this thread.
That's why we have a "watch thread" button. ;)
It's on the rop right of the first post on every page.

Wait until you see the battlefield HeerKarel has prepared. I have no doubt 2 skilled PvPers can work miracles, but the battlefield adds a lot of opportunities to win against an overwhelming opponent.

Still, let me know if you are going to test his theory... :D

Tomahawk777

King's Hand
Sally this idea too heavily favors the larger houses (Arduin, Lonmar, and Hawklight). We need to just stick with a eight to ten man teams (house members or mercenaries or both) to keep things simple; let's not over complicate this.
Why aren't people understand, that this game shouldn't be fair for everyone...:mad:
Big Houses (Arduin, Hawklight, Lonmar) doesn't appear randomly from time to time, its a progress of hard work to get more money, resources and members.
I am slowly getting very angry for people thinking small houses should have the same chance as big houses.
No small house was/will ever forced to enter the game, to win the crown.
If the want fun, they should join a bigger alliance, to keep the survive chance higher...
These smaller Houses can always spend time building up their populations and growing during the time a larger Houses holds the throne and take it next time in any case.
And this ^
Thanks Axex!

But I also think that having mercs should be limited at some point, for example that they can't be more than the amount of active players of the house.

bodejodel

Reaching for the Heavens
Retired Staff
bodejodel
bodejodel
If they are able to hire 50 mercs, they should be able to do that. It will cost a lot of money, but they should be free to do just that. It won't be the first time a professional army wins a battle. ;)

Tomahawk777

King's Hand
Ok. :D

*Announcement* People of Altera, no matter how much other houses pay you for fighting with them. Lonmar will pay more! (*starts feeling like a Lennister :confused:*)

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Okay guys calm down :p. Everyone's ideas and opinions have been taken into consideration. The War Time will begin on the 26th (exact time pending) and there are two games planned, there might be a third if the first one goes well.

Tomahawk777

King's Hand
Okay guys calm down :p. Everyone's ideas and opinions have been taken into consideration. The War Time will begin on the 26th (exact time pending) and there are two games planned, there might be a third if the first one goes well.
The whole game will be on one Day? :eek:

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
No xD. There'll be two wars/battles, I was thinking of striking up some debates, but that might make things get pretty messy :I.

Karasu1996

Lord of Altera
We need to get to work then .-.

Kvothe

Guildmaster
Retired Staff
Sally, don't forget what I wrote in that pm

*starts to consider to hire himself as a mercenary*

Status
Not open for further replies.