Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Game Of Crowns

Status
Not open for further replies.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
It's mostly because I thought I had it all planned perfectly, then it wasn't because I always miss details :p. Things can't be perfect so of course it's going to be a bit messy and (possibly) rushed. The reason the game is only running for a month is to avoid the OOC drama, next time *prays it'll be a very long time* I'm sure I'll have learnt a lot from this one to make the next one better. Though I doubt the timeline would change much, but simply demands made from the entering houses, like hosting those parades or something like an ingame RP debate

Yoda

Lord of Altera
In medieval times, Wales went to war with England in order to gain their own monarchy(I think...). What I think is, how about we have a king of the wilds , too? I understand that, obviously, the king of the Northern Kingdoms would have the most influence on Altera on the while, but a king of the wilds would:
Promote RP banditry
Add more danger to being in either realm
More immersion in a Skyrim kinda way.
What I mean by my final point is this: The Stormcloaks controlled half of Skyrim, the imperials the other. What if Altera was halved in almost the same way?

Currently, I don't really think that some houses actually have anything against each other, they're just going for the crown because they think they have a chance. Basically, I just think there should be some more politics involved. Forgive me if I'm wrong, I just haven't seen any myself.

Back to the king of the wilds thing. I think it would be great for separation between two main groups, rather than a lot of them. It could encourage larger wars because people would be encouraged to join one of two sides. However, it doesn't necessarily have to be the wilds vs. The NK. Marks choosing the side of their town/house could have their town WorldEdited to a different location, on one side of Altera.

There are quite a few ideas there, don't feel forced to use them all as one(if they are used :p ).

Kvothe

Guildmaster
Retired Staff
Idea

Currently, I don't really think that some houses actually have anything against each other, they're just going for the crown because they think they have a chance. Basically, I just think there should be some more politics involved. Forgive me if I'm wrong, I just haven't seen any myself.

More idea.
We had politics before, but that got out of hand because some people couldn't stick to RP but also took it to OOC.

Yoda

Lord of Altera
We had politics before, but that got out of hand because some people couldn't stick to RP but also took it to OOC.
Through what I've understood, abbey's been handling the anti-bullying situation rather well recently. Not that I'm saying it was 'bullying', but I think that the fact that this is a mature server should say it all. If people are going to take it to OOC, then you should tell them what it seems they're doing. If someone's patronising you, make them realise that they're doing so.

However, things going 'OOC' is beyond the point. Some players don't follow much of the OOC aspect of the server, and would be let down to find that some people arguing has spoilt the roleplaying opportunity.

Kvothe

Guildmaster
Retired Staff
Some people know, others don't. Last GoC was blown off because of all the fighting, hating and whatnot OOC. Hence the partial reason for this approach.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Just to clarify, sally, did u like my suggestion on the war idea?

Also: GOC will be a repeating event. 3 months is acceptable, however much id like it to go down :p

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Just to clarify, sally, did u like my suggestion on the war idea?

Also: GOC will be a repeating event. 3 months is acceptable, however much id like it to go down :p
Yush, it's very helpful in the War Time ideas :D

Edit: I did have some plans set out, but new ideas has changed them for the better >> so yeah

WildWyvern

Legend of Altera
Sally this idea too heavily favors the larger houses (Arduin, Lonmar, and Hawklight). We need to just stick with a eight to ten man teams (house members or mercenaries or both) to keep things simple; let's not over complicate this.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
The idea is though, Wyvern, that the larger houses would have the advantage. A smaller house cannot enter and expect to win without having to fight harder and pay for more mercenaries then the houses larger then them.

WildWyvern

Legend of Altera
Larger houses already have the advantage of having more money, more resources, more points and in most circumstances better pvpers. To allowed them to use their shear numbers to crush the smaller houses with waves of soldiers is just ludicrous and against the original intention of the rules as written. Being a big house means you start with a lot more points then the smaller houses, thus the pvp events are designed to give the smaller houses a literally fighting chance for the crown. We shouldn't over complicate this with an obnoxious amount of numbers, please keep this simple.

hshotwell

Lord of Altera
No one is gonna want to sit out of a battle, especially if there are only two. Fighting against waves isn't that bad, just have a healing pot in between and your back to new.

Axex

Lord of House Hawklight
Smaller Houses are supposed to act as vassals to the larger Houses, most of which have been around the longest and spent the most time preparing for the Game of Crowns. This prevents the involvement of members of these houses as well, since they would be unable to participate if smaller numbers are mandated. Hiring mercenaries and banding together is realistically the only way for smaller houses to combat the larger ones and this makes sense. These smaller Houses can always spend time building up their populations and growing during the time a larger Houses holds the throne and take it next time in any case.

abbeyvie

Lord of Altera
Legend
abbeyvie
abbeyvie
Legend
Through what I've understood, abbey's been handling the anti-bullying situation rather well recently. Not that I'm saying it was 'bullying', but I think that the fact that this is a mature server should say it all. If people are going to take it to OOC, then you should tell them what it seems they're doing. If someone's patronising you, make them realise that they're doing so.

However, things going 'OOC' is beyond the point. Some players don't follow much of the OOC aspect of the server, and would be let down to find that some people arguing has spoilt the roleplaying opportunity.
*pulls out the anti-bully doctor's needle*

Anywho... I might as well add onto that if anyone is to read this.

If any of you know.. what comes with wars is the arguments and battles. The RP POLOtics that become the OOC offenses by accident or miscommunication are disastrous. If anyone feels any threat or concern about a RP offense or really anything threating (even outside the GOC) please come talk to me (either on TS or the forums). I'm here, and so is the other staff , to help.

Now to a less serious note....

ERMMUURRDGURRRRDD!! GOC IS STARTING AFTER SO LONG!!! EEEK!! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.