Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

GlammyMemes's Appliation [Accepted - Glados]

Glammy

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
GlammyMemes

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
The United States

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yep!

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming- The use of out of character knowledge for in character uses.

Example:

Player One: *Finds out Player Two is going to be at [Insert Place] oocly.*

Player One: *Goes to [Insert Place]*

Player Two: “Hey man.. No one knows I’m here ic.”

Player One: “WELL I FOUND OUT, HUH.”

Player Two: Nah bro, that’s Metagaming.

Powergaming- To use godly like power. To use no attempts, to give no chance for response, and to completely overpower the other with no chance of even emoting a defense, a counter act, or even to accept the defeat.

Example:

Player One: *Kills player two.*

Player Two: No way, Jose. Doesn’t work that way. That’s Powergaming.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Nope!

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Tempy_ (Tempy_)

8. Tell us about yourself!
Hi my name is Glam~ Some of my hobbies include horseback riding, singing, dancing and art~ I happen to be very involved in my chorus, and with art in general. I am an aspiring teacher, with quite a bit of interest in psychology. My favorite subjects include English, Social Studies and my Choir period. I love Social Studies the most, and am quite interested in most things medieval. I love to read books set in the time frame, I like to listen to fantasy music and play on roleplay servers. I also play Skyrim, Goat Simulator, The Witcher 2, and Assassin’s Creed III.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Not at the moment~

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Nope~ I was playing around on google.

About Your Character!

Character Name:
Johanna Ross

Character Age:

Character Race:
Simple Human

Appearance:
Johanna stands at 5’7 with a simple, curvy build. Her hair is curly, and generally seems to have a mind of it’s own. It is a very dark brown color. Her skin is a light tan, the mix between dark and light skin tones. She wears nicely fitted active seeming wear, with thick brown boots. Her shirt is usually a simple tunic, and her pants loose. She also has something that’s a bit nicer. Most of her clothing is in various shades of brown, red, white or black.She usually wears an expression of neutrality. She appears her age.

Written Test!
(This is where you tell us a story of your choosing! Be creative. It should be 400 words minimum and use the character you've created above. This is what we use to judge your ability as a roleplayer. Show us how much you've learned by reading our guides and lore. Include anything you think will impress us!)

Johanna hails from a simple village besides the sea. She was born to two loving parents, a dark haired Soolera maiden, much more content with a settled down life, and a rich fair haired knight with shining green eyes. The two were wedded when she was born, so she never saw the shame of bastardization. She lived a life in comfort and wealth. Her home was large and cozy. Her pets tamed and many. The servants obeyed her every command. She had quite a nice life. She lived in peace for most of her life, though she grew tired of sitting at home. She was pressured quite a bit to marry, and to always keep a happy face. She simply grew sick of her parent’s pressure and left home to perhaps find adventure. Though she wasn’t used to the lack of pampering she got outside of her wealthy home, she enjoyed the freedom she was given. She took up odd jobs, generally content with her new life. She loved the taste of adventure, and would’ve liked to take up sword, though she seemed to be satisfied with what she got. She then took even more jobs, increasing her skills. She learned quite a bit on horsemanship, now being able to do quite a lot atop a horse. She proceeded to travel more and learn more skills, interested in making a name for herself. She met quite a few different friends, of different races, and of different backgrounds. She liked to learn about more people besides her own. She kept on adventuring, enjoying the worry free life she lived.

A copy of the letter she left her parents when she left home:

“Dearest Mother, and Father. It pains me to leave this letter, but I have no other choice, you keep on pushing me towards marriage, and to settle down. I simply wish to be free. Though life is not fair, and injustice is buried deep within the world, I will not stand for the injustice that is given towards me here. That is not alright for me. I will not get married, and I know this infuriates you both, but I have a better path. My path is to learn more about myself, not to allow others to make that choice. I love you both very much, but you seem to lack understanding. I have been your perfect little girl for a very long time, you need to cut the strings. I love you both, I’d love to keep in touch,

Johanna Ross.”

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
Congratulations, Glammy!

I think your character would be a good fit for faith in Rahas, if you're interested in religious roleplay at all. Alternatively, there is another God of similar ideals named Ignis Synnove. I'd encourage you to take a look through the Alteran Census and Roleplay Discussion subforums to see where you might want to pursue roleplay activity.

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay on Hollowworld. Before logging on, make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our world, Altera. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two or ask one of our Mentors for help if you have any questions about how things work.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, and if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later. (These are very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for them.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.