Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

glob3080's whitelist application [Approved - Squidziod]

Should i post the info on how to get this skin instiantly, despite the fact that it's really big?

• Yes, edit this with the info.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

glob3080

Lord of Altera
1. What is your Minecraft username?
glob3080

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
USA

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes, I have

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Meta-gaming is when you use info that your character has no way of knowing, such as knowing exactly who someone is, despite never having met them, or knowing what to do and where to go to get specific knowledge or items, such as spells and powerful weapons. Power-gaming is when you make your character someone who cannot loose in RP, such as having guards, being generally unstoppable in one or more activities, or knocking away weapons with your shield, (examples being the ones you listed) and being able to generally cheat there way out of problems in RP. As an example, if i where to be locked up in prison (for whatever reason) I can't simple have it that some random wizard appears and teleports me out, or that the rug on the floor has a trap door to the exit. Powergaming is generally a cheap way to get out of doing the more annoying half of RP. Another example of powergaming would be to do a tedious task over and over for a specific drop, or tons of xp to grind your way up to the top in something. It's just no fun for anyone that way.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
To be honest, this one is easy to answer, because it's a no on all servers. (Except those weird ones)
So, no. X-ray anything is against the rules, and not allowed.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
If possible, I would like to avoid having a mentor, as I generally throw myself into situations to see if I sink or swim, as you will see in my character bio.

8. Tell us about yourself!
My hobbies are nothing all to interesting to tell the truth. I mostly just play videogames and listen to music on youtube if I'm not at work or eating. recently, I've been listing to dragonforce, (yes, they made that one song that became a meme.) and watching clips from futurama. Other than that, I play several games, ranging from TF2, monster hunter world, and bioshock, to the soulsborn series, (dark souls, demon souls, bloodborn) and everything between. Other than that, I'm always looking for a new game, and while I have played minecraft before in the past, and know what I'm doing, RP servers are one thing I've never touched before.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
In truth, i'm no creator. The last time i drew was for a class assignment in mid-school several years ago, and the best thing I've made was in shop class when i had to make something out of toothpicks that would let an egg survive a fall of about 20 feet.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I was looking for a smaller server that I could join in, and found this. It seemed interesting, so I decided to give it a try.

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
Character Name:
To be honest, I'm terrible with names. A story, I can think of a few without much issue, and change them on the fly to fit needs, but names on the other hand...

I think i'll name them Gorduin Kelxidor. (used a name generator)

Character Age:

Character Race:
wood elf

Appearance:
(We just want to make sure things like hair color, eye color, skin color, and clothing is all fitting for the setting/lore we have.) blue eyes, really dark brown hair, (just short of black) a somewhat heavy tan, but still white skin, and leather clothing, but with some grass and moss weaved together to make a sort of camouflage look, a light tan backpack made more recently out of leather, and some arm and shoulder armor made of iron.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
it's a skin that i made in a "game" for making them.
http://www.kongregate.com/games/theswain/skincraft <---the game
If you want, I can give you the stuff from notepad used to instiantly re-create the skin, but it takes a ton of room in this, and I would rather not have people read through that if I can help it.

Written Test!
I start off with a an old, half broken wooden sword, a bow with some arrows, (twenty should be more than enough) and some old jerky, (ten rotting flesh) some of which I was able to scrounge out of some of the other people on the boat to this new world by helping them doing things, and taking things off there hands that they figured they would never have a use for, or generally didn't want anymore. (being the jerky, and the sword) Before I had to flee the old world, I was doing some studies in the hopes to become an apprentice mage, but before I got to far, the undead showed up, and we had to evacuate. The only thing I was able to grab before they got to my home was an old bow that I never had the chance to get good with, and the quiver that it had come with. While my home was not truly destroyed, apart from what was trampled in our attempt to flea, and the undeads attempt to follow, it would be impossible to go back, due to the shear number of undead that had pored into the area. Even a seasoned warrior would no doubt be taken down by the undead that, no doubt, lay in the forgotten homes, and hidden sections that held secrets even before the undead came. After arriving at the nearest save haven, many of the more seasoned people from both towns decided to go back and try and get some keepsakes and other useful supplies from our home, and said that they would catch up with us later. Only one person came back, and they had managed to get nothing, save for a few lengths of cloth to use for patching up the wounded. Ignoring the wounds that he had sustained in the raid, he insisted that they be used to help the elderly and weak. Not so long after we managed to get to the harbor which held the ship that would take us to a new land, hopefully one without any undead, the man who came back from the raid on our old home died from some sickness, no doubt contracted from the undead that had taken over. Despite our best efforts, he died, giving us all one last blessing. A blessing for us all to go forth in this new land, and do whatever we could to make our dreams come true, so long as we where doing what was right. I decided that, wherever we went, I WOULD learn how to use magic from whoever, and WHATEVER was able to teach me. And when I learn what I want, and need to know, I will become a hero to the people, that I was unable to be that day. And, with any luck, I would learn why the undead came to be, and how to undo whatever foul curse was placed upon so many people. During the ride to our new home, a number of people fell into a deep depression for the lost of there home, heirlooms, land, friends, family, and treasured possessions. Some even decided that they would have no more of us, and that the moment we made land, they would turn the opposite direction of us, and find people capable of defending them, and there possessions. I doubt they would make it terribly far though.

Other than that, my character is generally cool tempered, and not quick to anger, but has a very short temper when it comes to people disrespecting his friends, and people he cares about. Generally quiet, and never one to start the conversation when possible, you'll often find them in the more quiet places of the world, such as small towns and the wilds. Not all to easy to get close enough to that you become friends, but if you do, then you can expect someone who will come running if you ask for help.

If there's anything I missed, or that you want me to elaborate on, feel free to just ask.

Last edited:

glob3080

Lord of Altera
Yup, :D YW for telling you now then just waiting for a mentor to
I've always figured that i should get from point A, (the start) to point B, (being rather well into a clan/guild/town/whatever else you would want to call it) with the minimum amount of help possible.

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Hello and thank you for applying! Your application is off to a good start, but there are a few problems I need you to look at first:
  • Can you expand your powergaming definition? You're missing a key part of it.
  • Your written test has a few references in it that I have some problems with,
    • References to minecraft items (like wooden swords and rottenflesh) are not necessary. No one RP's in tandem with these things, we just don't really talk about them. Minecraft is merely a medium for us, and it doesn't hold any real baring on the setting.
    • No starting with weapons that have been enchanted. Enchantment is something that only characters trained in the art can do, and acquiring a weapon with such qualities is therefore difficult and not something for beginners.
    • Make sure any weapons or armor are poor quality-- we want you to find better weapons through RP, and not just start with them. There are characters who make them.
Just fix those few things, and you'll be all good! Once you've made the proper amendments, post here and I'll take a second look. Thanks again!

glob3080

Lord of Altera
Hello and thank you for applying! Your application is off to a good start, but there are a few problems I need you to look at first:
  • Can you expand your powergaming definition? You're missing a key part of it.
  • Your written test has a few references in it that I have some problems with,
    • References to minecraft items (like wooden swords and rottenflesh) are not necessary. No one RP's in tandem with these things, we just don't really talk about them. Minecraft is merely a medium for us, and it doesn't hold any real baring on the setting.
    • No starting with weapons that have been enchanted. Enchantment is something that only characters trained in the art can do, and acquiring a weapon with such qualities is therefore difficult and not something for beginners.
    • Make sure any weapons or armor are poor quality-- we want you to find better weapons through RP, and not just start with them. There are characters who make them.
Just fix those few things, and you'll be all good! Once you've made the proper amendments, post here and I'll take a second look. Thanks again!

Ok, I changed it so that I start with a half broken normal wood sword, (fixing the references thing) and expanded the powergaming definition. I might need to look through a bit more to see if I missed anything more, which I will then fix, but I think I got it all. (also, I feel that it would add more to the story to say that I start off with something, even if I really don't, so there's no need to really give any starter items.)

Last edited:

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

glob3080

Lord of Altera
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved.......

Nice! I'll be sure to read those before hoping on, and don't worry, I'm the only one with the info to get on this computer, and the only time I've ever "x-rayd" was when the game bugged out and didn't load the ground, but put me in the game. (Even then, I just saw the night below me and day above me. It was pretty cool) thanks for your time, (and sorry for the repeat edits that you had to go through)