Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Juvix_

Lord of Altera
Legend
Juvix_
Juvix_
Legend
I like listening to people talk about their characters.
So tell me about yours, or someone else's.

Tell me little details like physical tics for when they're happy, uncomfortable, angry, lying, determined, anything.
Tell me about things they do when nobody is around, or when they're most comfortable.
Tell me about the way they think or view something, and where that's come from.
Tell me why they speak or act the way they do today, what has affected that.
Tell me what has lead the character to be this exact character today.
Tell me what you're most proud of in the character.
Tell me anything you want to highlight.

Tell me about the character.

I've grown tired of hearing "who asked?" or "sorry I'm rambling" when somebody is going on about their characters and interesting details.

I asked.
I want to know.
Show me how cool your characters are, I wanna know more.

hoi.png

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good

Tell me little details like physical tics for when they're happy, uncomfortable, angry, lying, determined, anything.
Tell me about things they do when nobody is around, or when they're most comfortable.

I've grown tired of hearing "who asked?" or "sorry I'm rambling" when somebody is going on about their characters and interesting details.

I asked.
I want to know.

View attachment 130751
Som's stitches (as in, stitching up a wound) are very neat, because when I did her big ol' reset button, it was just memory access, not like... muscle memory. And even though she doesn't remember a single thing, and now thinks spitting in a wound is a perfectly copacetic way to heal someone, she was apprenticed to one of the most storied healers in Altera for a while. So her stitches are perfect.

Sir Saltington

Lord of Altera
So the reason Jacob is always rubbing the back of his neck isn't because its a nervous tick or anything like that. Most of the time he does it because something happens that reminds him of an old friend of his. So its less of him rubbing the back of his neck and more like he's rubbing the scar she carved into the back of his neck as a way to remember what he's been through, mainly because its one of the last things he has to remember her. (She was also really insane but that's not important)

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff

Melarue is a weird one because the demon part has changed so much of her and how she acts. Currently if she's angry about something but tries very hard to not do something violent, she'll corrupt the grass in small patterns and circles to soothe herself. She genuinely likes the plants and Dranoden's realm is also genuinely pretty to her - She would think it would be even if she wasn't a demon because she likes them in general a lot. She makes jewellery now, and it is stylised in the same themes of nature/corrupted nature.

Currently she likes to get into very high places to look at the landscape in a new perspective, and does this a lot in her free time. She also greatly appreciates the night sky.

She got to this state by trying to keep her library organised, at first. Then from there she felt changed (she did not know it was a demon, nor possession) and was afraid of both what it was doing and how people would see her, having been a very stoical person who tried to keep things well guarded previously. Branko helped along the way by suggesting she wasn't in the wrong or bad, Athryl pushed her away when he said she was too weak willed to resist it at the beginning. I've gradually gone with her being unable to resist things and multiple parts on the way have made her worse off, and it's been a very fun ride as she's gone from a scholarly healer to something entirely different and I'm glad for the development. I have absolutely no idea what happens after, if anything.

I'm not sure what I'd be proud of, I like to think I've gotten up to enough stuff that others have gotten more RP out of it, more development somehow. I'm bad at writing things about my own char.

Edit: Melarue also likes cats.

Last edited:

Moosh

Lord of Altera
Hero
Pronouns
He/Him
Mooshroommanic
Mooshroommanic
Hero
I'm not the best at talking about characters details but Zoslore's character Meridian is one of my favorites. He is so done with everything and I love it. He seems very out of place in the world which I feel makes him that much more interesting. Also, just - the newspapers are so well done and so much work is put into them, I look forward to the next edition!

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
So the reason Jacob is always rubbing the back of his neck isn't because its a nervous tick or anything like that. Most of the time he does it because something happens that reminds him of an old friend of his. So its less of him rubbing the back of his neck and more like he's rubbing the scar she carved into the back of his neck as a way to remember what he's been through, mainly because its one of the last things he has to remember her. (She was also really insane but that's not important)
When Som scratches behind her ear, she's scratching her scar. She usually does it when she is made aware of the fact that she doesn't remember jack or shit.

The_VALKYRIE

Lord of Altera
Legend
The_VALKYRIE
The_VALKYRIE
Legend

I asked.
I want to know.

View attachment 130751
Freia is a delightful bundle of chaos that you cant help smile about. Her humor is dry and she is a proud capari but beneath that moodiness, stubbornness and love of aggravating others is the heart of a true friend.

She will stand by your character through thick and thin and will in a rare moment show vulnerability to that character (icly I have seen this once) and aspires to be a great and powerful boss babe the likes of which Altera has never seen before.

Even when she was a vyre she refused to feed on those she considered her true friends.

Goldbeean had made the most charming chaos nugget and I wanna see what else is to come.

Scroll120

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Scroll120
Scroll120
Legend
When Som scratches behind her ear, she's scratching her scar. She usually does it when she is made aware of the fact that she doesn't remember jack or shit.
When Erwin scratches the back of his head or the base of his neck he is just trying to buy some time for himself to think.
His lack of social skills make him really awkward and anxious about what he said and should say so he scratches his head, trying to think it through.

Mr.Slime

Lord of Altera
Events Staff
Legend
Staff
Mr_00Slime
Mr_00Slime
Legend
Andrew is just a slight bit loud for his stature. Not because he's a prick, but because his family suffers from a hearing condition (credit to Galaxy for coming up the family and giving me a role in it!!) and whenever he speaks quietly he actively tries to adjust his voice with how the other person perceives it.

He is very pure and good-hearted, partly because of his straight up morally grey vet and clinician (npc) grandfather who got kicked out of his Roaver Caravan for [evil deeds]. Sounds contradicting but his grandfather is incredibly loving and compassionate to his family in his own gross way. This planted the seed of Andrew's belief that bad, mean people are still capable of compassion and love in their own language. And later examples of that mindset being the everso delightful Avalyn and Eliss.

He is occasionally mesmerized by fire. Not because of it's destructiveness but just because of how soothing it looks.
All his casual clothes are hand-me-downs from his siblings. Ain't no shame in that.
Huh, something I just came up on the fly. He insistantly only shakes hands with his left hand even though he's right-handed. He isn't comfortable with people taking his right hand because he had his pinky broken once.

Last edited:

Galaxy

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Hero
Staff
uhavebeengalaxyd
uhavebeengalaxyd
Hero
Andrew is just a slight bit loud for his stature. Not because he's a prick, but because his family suffers from a hearing condition (credit to Galaxy for coming up the family and giving me a role in it!!) and whenever he speaks quietly he actively tries to adjust his voice with how the other person perceives it.

He is very pure and good-hearted, partly because of his straight up evil (npc) grandfather who got kicked out of his Roaver Caravan for [evil deeds]. Sounds contradicting but his grandfather is incredibly loving and compassionate to his family in his own cultist way. This planted the seed of Andrew's belief that bad, mean people are still capable of compassion and love in their own language. And later examples of that mindset being the everso delightful Avalyn and Eliss.

He is occasionally mesmerized by fire. Not because of it's destructiveness but just because of how soothing it looks.
All his casual clothes are hand-me-downs from his siblings. Ain't no shame in that.
Huh, something I just came up on the fly. He insistantly only shakes hands with his left hand even though he's right-handed. He isn't comfortable with people taking his right hand because he had his pinky broken once.
(his grandpa is a morally bankrupt vet and clinician. fill in the gaps)

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
Frost has been a follower character for a while but for the first time in a while she is trying to stand on her own a bit more distinctly
For the most part since recovering from breaking her demon contract she has been trying to aid people where she can, only very sparingly having breakdowns. She is more lonely, but she's more resolute.

She actually does like the way she looks with all of her magic mumbo jumbo (She was a lover twice, She has self image problems.)

She still worships magic. And is slow to impart her beliefs onto othe people regarding it. Still very progod. But less outspoken about it all.

She likes casting scribble to draw on objects in the foreground when she's bored.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
I like to differentiate my characters with how they speak. Ashna was raised by moors and had to learn Common in a library. So when she talks in common, she pronounces every word and doesn't use slang/conjoin words. She's more relaxed in Mok'yra. Alek was more relaxed, which is why his vernacular was more crude and I was able to play him more freely in the way he spoke, leaning for the rude-pirate speak, but not fully. I'm working on Alyssa, but she'll be more or less between the two. She started off with cutsie words, being 5-8, but still developing the way she talks and moves as a young adult. I do my best to make sure there's no large overlaps between the characters, which is why Alek ended up as the opposite to Ashna in mannerisms, crude vs eloquence, though they all end up as passionate fueled characters.

Mudpaw11

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Patron
Staff
Mudpaw11
Mudpaw11
Patron
I'll probably throw something in later but this is actually kinda a fun thread to read because like Juv I love little details and quirks with characters and like, things you don't always know about their characters lore

Fluffy Bristle

Lord of Altera
Legend
FluffyBristle
FluffyBristle
Legend
One of my ALL TIME FAVORITE things about Sylvia as a character is the fact that her and Lysander ( TheDeester ) BOTH come from the same town, but never met. Both of their childhoods were so miserable that they never had the time for friends, and the fact that nobody has picked up on it INCLUDING them makes me giggle.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
I'll add more to this sometime, but for now, you get a fun Tylla Fact:

Occasionally, she can be seen reading upside down. This is not because she is an idiot and can't read: she is fully literate. The reason she can read upside down is that books were hard to come by in the steppe (most Ka'ar don't own many books) and so the ones she could find were ones that had been patched together by her father, who was illiterate and sometimes placed the pages upside-down. She eventually got tired of flipping the book over every other page, so she just learned how to read upside down!

Her favorite type of books are non-fiction ones or anything to do with People Doing Stuff Outside TM.

Kostadim

Lord of Altera
Patron
Kostadim
Kostadim
Patron
I like never rp but here's some little tidbits about Branko that I can remember off the top of my head.

Branko doesn't feel a euphoric high from smoking, he just does it because its something for him to do while he's out wandering or doing whatever else it is he does. Same goes for chewing on moss, albeit that habbit was given to him by Jishrim. When he's annoyed, the edge of his mouth twitches in response. Branko rarely manages to remember people for a long period of time unless they either did something notable to/for him, or he's seen them consistently for a fair amount of time, kind of happens with how he lives his life.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Oooo I absolutely love this thread and everything written, I can't wait to see more!

• Lana (and all her versions throughout the years) have all been built from character interactions.
The reason her relations list is so long is because I need it for myself as much as entertainment. I can directly point at names and explain in detail how that person may have affected the way I roleplay my own character. For example, Lana has always been intended to be an evil character, something I secretly long for outside PMs. Yet she is a good aligned character, solely thanks to the efforts of characters in Roleplay and their friendly interactions with Lana which make her feel validated.

• When Lana 'breathes in uneasily' or 'breathes out uneasily,' it is mostly in a situation where it would replace a sigh. This is because her throat and internals are still somewhat damaged from her time as a Fireblessed, where she quite literally used to scorch her throat with hot tea as well as being burned from the inside out upon getting rid of it.

• Lana drinks chamomile tea because it helps calm her, being a naturally frantic person. The story of this she tells IC, but I will share it here too. Cyrus ( Magic Intern ) drank this tea extremely often and he was integral, with Mira and Woven too, with Lana's early development as a character. Whenever she drinks chamomile, it reminds her of where she started-- though also simply because its a direct continuation of an old, gone character whom many new characters would have never met.

• Another story she may have told IC, same as above: Lana never intended to be a physican or healer.
This came by accident writing a medical flora book for Cyrus by compliling every medical book in Frostwarts into one, long before the new flora lore came out. In doing this, she accidently learnt what each flora did and their effects. Thus, during a particularly bloody lesson in Frostwarts when Set'iki fell from the stairs and holy water was poured on mages, Lana performed her first medical RP... and realised she liked it.
On a similar note, Lana became a Formist Mage because she saw a naturally blind girl's vision get restored by Milah and Fronslin. Though she did attempt to become every other type of mage first before being accepted by Milah as a student, because she trusted Kam's words that "Formistry would not suit you" first, though was denied entry in every other school (this was before being Sparked was something you could do by yourself, instead needing a higher mage of the old arcane system to Spark you)

• An easy way to get on Lana's "disliked" list is to be a bad parent or, to a lesser extent, a bad pet owner. Even before Lana had her own child, she is strongly maternal and takes heavy opinions of people that abandon their children or pets. She will outright berate anybody who falls under this category to try and steer them better.
On this note, she is terrified as a parent. She fears letting her own son down, by not being a good enough parent herself.

• On this note of Aster, one of the reasons Lana has recently become so militant against demons, possessed and things she dislikes is because of her son. She wants to build a better Realm for him. A lot of Lana's recent developments can be chalked up to being a fearful mother that just wants the best for not only her son, but the sons and daughters of others.
Especially Luna and Cael.

• All of Lana's emotions are visible from her eyes and smile (or lack thereof). Almost all of her emotes are regarded with how her eyes or smile is. This has actually become so natural to me that my fingers begin typing 'she smiled warmly' that I need to remove it and rewrite, like a habit.

• Lana has never written a fiction yet. She has wanted to and, about 40 pages worth back in late 2020 were written for a novel called 'Mr. O'Malley,' a Port Silver detective. Lana does not actually like her writing in this regard so she abandoned the project and gave the prototype book to a now banned player character, Rolland. Should Lana ever publish a novel, it is a universal sign that she has become content with life and all she has written: which time has not yet come.

• Lana never was the same an Immortal Seeker ( blargtheawesome ) came to her home and informed her of some 'things' about reality and why it needed to be reset through genocide. A part of Lana agrees with the sentiment, though that would be 'evil Lana,' which never came to fruition thanks to Roleplay and how people have treated her. Instead, she developed in the direct opposite direction, believing instead that mortals need to adapt to new understandings despite it not being intended as part of the grand design of the higher beings. This is why Lana tries to teach so much and try to deduce complicated theories of Gods and reality-- because if Roleplay had gone a different way over the years, she would be trying the opposite to spread ignorance.

• Lana has met her heroes.. and then they all vanished. The saying 'never meet your heroes' applies, as whilst they had done great things and whilst Lana does revere them in RP as much as possible, almost all of them were broken people-- whom all went inactive around last year. Especially through these demon events and traumatic experiences throughout her life, Lana could also now have the status of 'broken character,' though she endures through love and affection because those that came before her-- Lana's heroes-- all vanished. Lana swore to never disappear like they did, to not give up on people.

Mudpaw11

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Patron
Staff
Mudpaw11
Mudpaw11
Patron
**DEEP INHALE**
I'm gonna keep this in jot notes for everyone's sanity- I very much enjoy rambling and many of you know ^-^
It's also a bit more "fun fact" -y
--

Eliss's Story:

+ Some backstory things that I rarely bring up irp so I'm thowing them here: Eliss was never a great kid growing up- often rebellious and stubborn. When leaving home (around age 14-15) he'd run into an older halfling couple at a local tavern. After about the fifth ugly brawl he'd started there with their patrons, they two gave him an ultimatum. They have him arrested or he could do some work for them on the wife's boat. Eliss picked the latter and grew rather close to the couple and their family while working on their ship. They taught him a lot of valuable things aswell as smacking some sense into the cocky teenager. Ever since, Halflings have always kinda been refreshing/nostolgic company to him.

+ Eliss knows at least one song on every common instrument, when he was younger and traveled more he would annoy local bards to teach him something on whatever they had so he could use it as a party trick later in life.

+ Despite having a strong dislike for the language, most of Eliss's internal thoughts are spoken in Mok'yra and when he is very stressed/hopeless he'll mutter it to himself
+ Eliss had three reworks as a character between 2019 - 2022. Mainly centered around his voice. Initally he had a very grumpy "Ye be lookin' t' gamble lad?" pirate-y tone. Then before it became the more smartass dialogue it is now, there was an awkward middle phase where I tried to juggle the two. Original 2019 Art:
1659669085088.png

+ To this day I still kinda dislike the name Eliss. No idea what else I'd name him and Eliss did eventually grow on me but it's not really my favourite name in the world if I'm honest...

+ TICS: Eliss taps things when he's anxious/impatient. He also frequently whistles work songs without even realizing. He also occasionally stares at his reflection in whatever he's drinking because more than once he has been cursed in some regard to lose it so he likes to check that it's still there (he's also just vain)

+ I really enjoy playing Eliss because of his very laid back and indifferent view on nearly everything (Also he's nosy which makes getting into RP a bit easy). He's not always serious and when he is I may or may not struggle a bit rping it. I love how his uncaring personality effects how he deals with things because he's comically desensitized but when he is bothered he's actually fairly good at getting over whatever the obstacle is by....more or less ignoring it.

+ Eliss's dialogue was partially him mocking nobility that eventually just became how he talked- I will say it's always a tricky balance between snarky smugness and a more laidback mannerism

+ The ring Eliss wears on a necklace was a very key part to his character creation and his most prized possession despite never having a lore reason until year and a half after his release. (10/10 character creation right there)

+ I've had the joke with a few that to cure a moody character you just force them to be responsible for a kid and Eliss is always the example I give for that. The Dock Crew (you know who you are) was a VERY key part in Eliss's development that I was not prepared for. I had intended him to be far more morally evil but now I had to figure out how being a BABYSITTER was going to effect him. Honestly though I'm really happy it did happen because it kinda forced me to explore a very different aspect of his character.

+ To add onto the above, Eliss having things he cared about was also a very fun/stressful realization because he now had to worry about the dumb shit he did because it no longer effected just him. Marian and the adoption of Cillian especially now being two things he's now had to work around when he's provoking people.

+ I find some mild amusement by spelling luck as either "luck" or "Luck" depending on if he's genuine in his "Best of Luck" farewell....though that's been a more recent-ish choice

+ Eliss isn't a fan of Immortality....he thinks it encourages procrastination / people becoming lazy

+ I will always be proud by where the character is today because I tend to struggle with character motives and I think Eliss has kinda helped me work with that as a big goal of his is just, being known by a lot of people / a familiar face and that's let me Roleplay with a VARIETY of awesome players and characters and they all develop such different relationships. Some of Eliss's more one-off relationships are the funniest to me (ex. Boetius, Florence) because they rarely talk, but when they do it's like they're just old friends catching up. I never expected such different dynamics with just one character....to some he's a friend, an annoyance, a babysitter, an advisor, a rival, THE LIST GOES ON! THATS SO COOL TO ME! And that's thanks to you guys. :heart:
--

Connor's Story

+ Connor has a cat named Lady, she's really old and he loves her dearly but doesn't know her actual name. She was his late neighbors cat originally, the cat used to visit Connor's window and occasionally spill his inkwell. When the neighbor passed Connor took in the cat as he started his journey. He never caught her name so to not be disrespectful to the cat, he just always called her Lady until it stuck

+ Before it was burned in a fire, Connor used to wear and fidget with a twine bracelet. The bracelet itself has a kinda dumb origin story but what it ended up being was that when Connor was younger, the sleeve of his shirt used to drag against whatever he was writing. His friend then gave him two pieces of string to help tie up the sleeve so it didn't drap over his ink. When he got older it was made into a bracelet and it was always a reminder of home that he'd fiddle with when uncomfortable.

+ Connor was very spoiled growing up, and thus doesn't always understand when things are expensive. This has gotten him in trouble before but every so often he'll still innocently ask the homeless man why he can't just pay for a room at the inn or the starving girl why she can't just buy better food?

+ ....Connor's career path is still probably the funniest thing to me. He was a guard of Eldpoint but before that, he was hired to collect intel for one job as a spy of sorts. His cover story was that he was a guard of Eldpoint and after blending in, he just started to do the tasks of a guard and was eventually appointed one after the job was done. Fake it till you make it I suppose. Originally he was intended to be a Tactician and while in character he still has that interest, I OOC didn't really know a lot at the time so I never pursued it.

+ Burned to all hell, Connor has slight nerve damage mainly in his hand. He doesn't feel nothing but his sense of touch is a lot weaker than it probably should be. This is partially a reason why he wears gloves, and it's not just to hide the ugly scars. After candle wax dripped on his hand oince, Connor realized his sense of the heat wasn't as strong as it should've and it bothered him. Now, he wears gloves so when he lifts a cup of hot water or a handful of snow, he connects the missing feeling with the gloves rather than himself.

+ Connor's greatest weakness is Envy and I love it. It's such a subtle, and internal emotion but it's impacted a lot of his choices. It's what lead him to nearly become Spiritblessed again after the first time almost killed him. He missed the power that made him feel like he could hold his own. Despite not being as weak as most think, he's always had someone looking out for him. Believe me he appreciates it but deep down there's the thought of "they don't need someone looking out for them so why do I?" and it's fun to brew that character flaw.

+ To clear his mind, Connor tends to write down his thoughts without pausing. This also has caused him to develop the habit of writing over his own writing. Reached the bottom? Back to the top we go. His biggest fear is to forget things again, or rather to miss something he should've spotted sooner. Because of this he doesn't always think he has time to turn the page in fear of it breaking the train of thought.

+ Despite Connor being....more melencholic then most characters. He's probably had the most emotional depth and progress than all my other characters. That said I must thank GhostKairo for forcing me to drag him out of his depression with fun Raigo roleplay but it all felt natural? I'm not sure if that's the word. I'm just content with his development after he had everything, then lost everything, then tried to find that stable ground agian.

+ Early Connor Concept Art: He used to be a blonde elf....
1659687466391.png1659690499450.png
---

Stella's Story

+ Stella collects tea when she travels because of Camille Vasilis. She was one of the first people Stella met at the start of her journey and she introduced the girl to tea. Stella now collects different types of tea in a small box to prepare for if they ever get a chance to meet again (or if she finds someone new to pass it along to)

+ Money was always something Stella's family struggled with and while she may not have fully grasped the details when she was younger she just knew that the little coins in people's pockets were worth a lot more than she would give them credit for. When she was older, she had the chance to explore an old manor. Below was a large vault of coin that no one was using...it was one of the first few times I got to Roleplay Stella really being annoyed as her friends all were amazed by the collection of riches. Why was the coin just sitting there? Didn't they know how valuable it was?

+ Stella....doesn't always remember the pantheon. It's always a fun laugh to have her talk about the six gods and then correct herself to say there's eight. She never bothered to learn a lot and tended to just go off of what she knew her friends followed. Eventually she figures it out but it takes her a second to count them all in her head.

+ When Stella was learning Common, I had a rule that if I could speak the sentence in what limited French I knew irl. Then she could figure it out. It worked surprisingly well.

+ A lot of choices with Stella were very natural IC and I always enjoy that because I enjoy narratives where I don't feel as hands on trying to shove my character into a specific box even when IC everything is pushing them elsewhere. Stella was always destined to be a Mage when I made her but she started her journey encouraged to be a Blessed of Shalherana. In the end it made an interesting Roleplay of her having to consult people to come to a decision of what she should do.

+ Stella's hat....it's just really big. It falls over her eyes if she turns her head too fast or tilts her head to the side. It also has left a little line wave in her hair where it sits all the time.

+ The hardest part of Stella's character has and always will be her age- I never had much of a plan for Stella as an adult and when she reached that age to a degree I panicked. Luckily I had some friends and roleplays that I could review to kind of piece together that development so thanks to everyone who unknowingly helped with that.

+ Stella's grandfather is real no matter what Magic Intern tries to tell you >:|

Last edited:

Fortune

Legend of Altera
Patron
Pronouns
He/Him, She/Her, They/Them
___Fortune___
___Fortune___
Patron
Aki is not dumb, I was just too lazy to read lore when I got to the server and just rolled with it. And that's how she had no idea Life had been stolen, or what any of the gods were.